Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    saraherren wrote: »
    My sweet dog passed away this morning and I couldn't be any more miserable.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Losing a loved one is never easy, whether human or animal.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I'm still catching up, currently on 1242.

I'm a little bummed this morning. I'm usually very bored at work (hence the frequent MFP visits) and had asked my boss for new tasks. She gave me one that takes up several hours each month & I do enjoy doing. However she keeps taking it back. Each morning I have tasks that take 3-4 hours, so I can't work on the bank stuff until the afternoon. She said she's bored so she's going to do the bank stuff today. So now I'm going to be back to being bored, and since it's only a once-a-month job it becomes more difficult to figure out how to do it since I don't get any practice. *sigh* What's the point of giving me the task if she wanted to keep it?

She is probably worried you will do a better job and show her up. Women are terrible bosses. They have too many insecurities (so speaks a woman boss).

I am an exception to this rule. :p

I am sure you think so :wink:

Hey all, I am back from the Dominican Republic, got back Thursday and been catching up the 2 weeks I missed. Wasn't going to comment on old stuff, but decided I would.

I work for a nuclear engineering company, and one of the things I think is fab is that even though the company is very male dominated we have some brilliant, and very inspiring women within senior management, one of whom used to be my boss before she was promoted out of our group. She was the best boss I've ever had, and doesn't do any of the things you said, she has me do things that she is down for, meaning that there's a lot I'm involved with that I'm the most junior person by a long way, and makes damn sure everyone knows it's me doing it (even when she's helped me with it). She's so much better than my current male line manager!

ETA: Congratulations on the promotion too @quiksylver296
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I'm back from vacation (will try to post a couple of pictures later) but just wanted to say Hi! There's no way I can catch up, so I'm just going to jump right back in there.

It's great to see some old faces back on the thread!

Welcome back!!
    ythannah wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I am known at work for making really good cakes, usually from scratch. Today one of the guys is leaving to take a job out of state, so they asked me to make him a German chocolate cake. I made it- box mix, can of frosting. Everyone is raving about how good it is. I don't know whether I should be flattered or disappointed.

ETA: Yay me, I can follow directions!

That's awesome! Did you admit it was box?
    Yes! I owned it! Thursday night is my regular girls' bike group ride. I knew I would be pretty late getting home and didn't want to take the time to make one from scratch. I usually at least make frosting from scratch, but didn't even bother this time. Apparently, there are plenty of people here who can't even make a decent cake using box mix. :neutral:

Nice!
    Man, I bet frosting from scratch is AMAZING!

Oh, it is. And super easy, too--I HATE frosting in a can, ever since I tasted frosting from scratch. You just can't go back!

I'd love to hate frosting in a can.

I polished off the leftover tub in one night.

When I bought the brownie ingredients, I also grabbed a tub of frosting just in case I needed to jazz them up. I ate about a quarter of it (with a spoon, @Italian_Buju just in case you were wondering) while waiting for the brownies to cool enough to sample.

Once I'd decided the brownies didn't need frosting, I then ate some more frosting out of the tub.

Clearly, I need to make frosting from scratch so I can break this nasty habit.

:s
    Just frosting on a spoon? I think that would be yucky!

Apparently not....

Definitely not... buttercream on a spoon is the best.... well, maybe peanut butter buttercream is better.
    I guess it's just me then! LOL
    I have a hard time eating anything like that straight without something to cut the richness. Even peanut butter, I love it, but could never just eat it out of the jar without crackers or an apple or something!

I have to pair most foods. I have a hard time eating meat, without salad or bread to cut it with (sometimes potato but usually not). I cannot eat eggs without toast or potatoes. Actually, I can now eat scrambled eggs cut with only Canadian bacon, but that took a while to get use to. And, I mean to have those foods in the same bite, not just with the same meal.

"Cut the richness"? What a foreign concept, lol.

The only weirdnesses I have about food consumption are eating almost everything with a fork and knife and there are things I don't like to be contaminating each other. Like if I have eggs and pancakes on the same plate, I'll eat the eggs entirely first because I don't like pancake syrup on eggs.
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Ok. Here is what I have made so far. Brownies! The empty spaces are where I ran out of batter.

Is there actually a picture here? Because I can't see anything... :o

I didn't see anything either! But I can open my fridge and see brownies so I wasn't going to complain, lol.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    The way I want my body to look changes pretty much from day to day. Sometimes I want to look softer and I think the weight I'm at now is fine if I could just rearrange fat in some places and put it elsewhere. Sometimes I want to be much more slim, but still soft. Sometimes I want to look like superwoman and have super toned and muscled arms (not as muscled as that woman posted, but still awesome). I feel like I am never truly happy with my body.

I find women of all different body types beautiful :tongue:

I find women of all body types beautiful... Except me! ;)

You are beautiful. I have seen the proof!

Agreed! You're a very lovely young woman.
    Finally got caught up. Sad to say for the next couple months reading this thread at work is going to be next to impossible.

@orangesmarties love those pictures a lot!

Glad you caught up!
    I just wanted to point out that the orangesmarties person you mentioned is not the person from this thread. She is orangemsartie with no "s"....just for future mentioning. :)

Goodness thanks @kelly_c_77 wonder how many times I have done that. Eek

Haha, not sure...but now you know! :)

And count me as another who hates the taste of black licorice!

And... EXIT...do you say "eggzit" or "eksit"??
    I say eggzit.

Eksit, usually. I've been known to say eggzit too.
    My sweet dog passed away this morning and I couldn't be any more miserable.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your companion! :'( I've been there, and I've been miserable too.
  • girldownsouth
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I dropped a big blog of peanut butter onto the crotch of my black pants. I tried to clean it off, but peanut butter isn't the most cooperative, so I will most likely have this awful stain on the crotch of my pants all day.

I really don't like the word crotch.

Tehe I've done this with avocado before :D

I'm not a huge fan of the word crotch either but as much as I dislike it it makes me giggle!

This reminds me.....I bought Wholly Guacamole today, single serve, spicy.....I have not tried it yet, but when I do, it is the first time ever.....I know to eat it with nacho chips, but do I also use salsa? Cheese dip? Anything else?? LOL

I am not a fan of Wholly Guacamole. I will eat it as it is definitely not the worst out there, but it is not the best either (I usually make my own). So if you don't like it that does not rule out you liking a different guacamole in the future I hope. :wink: The spicy is ok, probably it will be spicy enough but you can have a bit with guac, the next with salsa, and so on. My daughter's first solid food was guacamole at an authentic restaurant. She still loves it.

I tried it tonight....it was o-k....I did not finish the whole serving and I cut it with dill pickle dip, lol.

I tried it in the US. I thought most guacamole there was better than the stuff you get in the supermarket here, even that. But Chipotle guacamole, I wish I could eat some right now!
  • girldownsouth
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    kyrah702 wrote: »
    Confession: I'm in constant pain lately and due to a knee injury, can't exercise(Most things are too much impact and I'm in screaming pain for weeks afterwards). It's been over a year since the injury happened and I had started walking again without my cane but now I'm back to almost needing it again.

SO. Today, after I saw some of the suggestions to go swimming(I like being in water but I hate the upkeep of shaving etc to get to the pool) I decided to look for a full body swimsuit because I'm uncomfortable in regular 1 or 2 piece suits. I found one on my lunch today and bought it, along with a swim cap so that I can finally feel confident enough to go and do something for myself that hopefully won't end in pain! I'm really excited and I know I'll get weird looks at the pool but I don't care.

Also got a referral for physio so hopefully the combination will help!

That's great! Enjoy your water time.

+1 and I also agree about the shaving part. That's mostly why I wear pants all year round. :blush:

And the hubby doesn't protest???

I once dated a girl that had some seriously coarse hair. She always had 5 o'clock shadow on her legs and it was sooo discomforting to rub against them. We didn't last long. lol

I only shave my legs when I remember, which is maybe biweekly or weekly in the summer. Once you let it go a couple days it gets soft again, haha. But I'm blonde and nearly hairless regardless so it barely matters if I shave the fifteen hairs that grow on my legs as you can't see them unless you're really trying to see them. I think of it as my reward for dealing with nearly invisible eyebrows and eyelashes. My husband couldn't care less about when I shave.

I am the exact same way!!!

I have nearly no body hair, anywhere! When I used to wear make-up, I always had to colour in my eyebrows, like on top of the hair!! I do not shave at all, except my underarms, maybe a few times a year, which it grows super slow there and not much either.

I am Italian :|

While I am glad for this, it is nearly unnatural for Italians, lol, I went to school with girls that had to shave their forearms!! LOL

I hate shaving! I always miss some hair on my legs & my armpits since losing weight are ridiculously challenging to shave now.

I also shave my arms too.

Sometimes I am shocked by patches where I've clearly missed the exact same bit for ages. I never take enough time over it. My arm hairs have turned totally blonde while I was on holiday.
  • girldownsouth
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Raelynn update:
    I finally spoke with the preschool director for the district this morning. She is going to talk to the school psychologist and see what she would like to do as far as evaluations and options. She also wants Raelynn to have a speech evaluation as her SPD can (and does) affect how she comprehends and communicates to an extent. She did mention that there is a 3K option we could try, but it is for severely delayed and autistic children. After discussing Raelynn's specific delays and issues was when she decided to get the psychologist involved, so I don't exactly know how that is going to pan out. She did mention possibly doing an individualized plan as well, just depending on what the psychologist thinks.

Since we've started her on the melatonin she's begun waking up around 5-6am after not going to sleep until around 8:30-9pm, granted she's not waking up at night, but still concerning since that's 8-9 hours of sleep for her, as opposed to the (iirc) 12-15 she's supposed to be getting. We're going to hang on and see if it's just her body adjusting or if we need to try something else.

The tea party at Barnes and noble didn't go well. She completely freaked out when it came time to sit down for story time and wouldn't go near the other kids, as in completely frozen and stuttering "I don't, I want, mommy, mommy,!" She wound up sitting nearby in my lap but she still wouldn't interact or go near other kids. After the story, there was a craft and we could buy snacks if we wanted. She ran to the back of a table, trying to keep away from everyone, but it was such a small space that she couldn't distance herself. Of course at this time, the director calls me, so I'm trying to help Raelynn with her craft and talk with the director at the same time. Halfway through, Raelynn bolts out from the table, grabs my hand, and says "Mommy, I can't do this" and starts running towards the other end of the store. She literally ran away from the craft area and stayed over in the toy section away from everyone else. If anything could have shattered my heart and made me feel like a horrible person, it was that. I spent the rest of my conversation with the director fighting back tears, it just breaks my heart seeing her struggle like this, and I feel guilty for taking her to that. I feel like I should have known better.

My husband broke down when I talked to him about today and my talk with the director. She's fighting a battle that she can't understand, and it kills us to see it knowing there's not much we can do. :cry:

(I feel like I shouldn't be complaining, since I know it could be so much worse, but it's so heartbreaking to see my baby girl struggle everyday!)

So sorry for this struggle you are going through! Nothing is harder than watching your child go through something that you cannot fix for them. Every single parent knows this on one level or another!

Also, that amount of sleep may be all she needs...my son went to bed around 9pm and was up at 5:30am every morning like clock work from the time he was in the crib until more than half way through middle school!

I can remember my mom putting my sister and I to bed around 8 pm (I remember because she is my little sister and it wasn't fair we had the same bedtime). My parents tell me I was always up before them, by 5 am or so.

My dad would usually find me reading in the living room when he got up.

I always had to go up with my little brother too and hated it. Although I used to then read in bed, often until after they came up (with a torch under the covers)
  • girldownsouth
    Options
    So I didn't want to say anything before I went on holidays but I dropped into "Onederland" by a half pound. I didn't want to jinx it because I was scared I wa sgoing to be back in the 2's when I got home but...Yay I stayed under

@riderfangal awesome job on dropping into onderland!

I'll confess when I first started to lose weight I had no idea what onderland meant other than Alice In Wonderland.

Congratulations @riderfangal it's a great feeling, one I want to get back! I only knew what it meant from the US biggest loser.
  • girldownsouth
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    I feel ill now from my food intake so far today.

What I've had:
    3 zucchini bars with cream cheese frosting (not logged in my diary :blush: )
    1 Rice Krispie Treat
    1 serving of Ruffles potato chips with French onion dip (one of my most favoritest snacks)
    1 cup of diced watermelon (no, I did not learn my lesson from my personal watermelon the other night)
    1 bite of a subpar donut (threw the rest in the garbage)
    6 baby carrots
    3 small florets of cauliflower
    1 serving of ranch dip
    1 24 oz. venti Starbucks black sweet tea (my new summer obsession)
    1 peanut butter supreme Quest Bar
    4 tortilla rollups
    3 pieces of puppy chow
    40 oz. water
    Did you think we wouldn't notice??

I was wondering the same thing. I mean... a girl's gotta have her protein, but this seems extreme. @MoHousdon - stop stealing your dog's food. Or taking dares at work. :wink:

Do you all seriously NOT know what puppy chow is?! It's Chex cereal with powdered sugar, peanut butter, and melted chocolate chips. I don't make a habit of eating puppy food. I only did that when I was 5 and my brother made me.

I have never heard of that before.....just for the record, this knowledge did not seem to make it any less funny to me....why would they call it THAT, of all things?

I have no idea, and I don't really care what it's called because it is deliciously addictive. It's also referred to as Muddy Buddies.

I know what it is now. I bought some from the vending machine at work, mainly because I liked the name. I sent a picture to my brother and he wanted me to bring some home for him, but I didn't see it anywhere else.
  • girldownsouth
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Speaking of bad endings... Dexter, anyone? The whole show was pretty bad (my boyfriend and I watched it pretty much just so we could laugh at it), in my opinion, but the ending was just HILARIOUS. I don't know what they were thinking.

EDIT: Breaking Bad was always amazing and ended amazing!
    EDIT 2: Seasons 1-4 (or 3?) of Dexter weren't nearly as bad as the last few seasons. I just hated the main character because he was dull and boring. Deb was my favorite.

Dexter started well, but it was terrible for the last few series.

I'm currently binge watching castle and criminal minds. Not seen breaking bad, am really not that interested but everyone always says it's so good. Same goes for game of thrones.

ETA: lost had the most disappointing ending ever. And how I met your mother needed 2 fewer seasons.
  • girldownsouth
    Options
    OK! I think @Italian_Buju and @lilaclovebird and I are competing for binge posting tonight. But I am caught up or close enough. Its 2 am and I accomplished all my goals in the motivation thread. Good night folks!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA I actually forgot I didn't make the appointments I planned to make so change this to I accomplished MOST of my goals.

I'm not actually huge on the binge posting, usually.
    I confess: I love reading the binge postings of others because I can just smile and nod in agreement with most everything. :smiley:

It's not 'lazy', it is 'energy conservative.'

I do the same thing lol. I feel like I should be responding to more, but someone else usually has it covered lol

I'm the same as this (despite currently doing what is probably looking like binge posting many pages from where I'm currently reading) but if you've done something awesome, or something terrible has happened, I do read it all, and am pleased/sad for you, but I either don't know what to say, or feel loads of people will have offered the suitable response by the time I'm replying in my time zone.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @girldownsouth nice to see you back!!

Glad you and @Tubbs216 had wonderful vacations.
  • girldownsouth
    Options
    You guys were busy, busy while I was gone! I'm checking in from page 1279, and don't seem to be gaining any ground. Happy to report that my Girl's Weekend was a blast! Many drinks and laughs and even some tears! It was awesome to get away for awhile! The family and I are leaving on Friday, heading to Illinois to visit my dad, step-mom, and grandmother. If you remember, dad was in a car accident back in May, step-mom doesn't drive, and grandmother (93) doesn't get around very well anymore. Heard from my dad the other day that his hospital bed is in my grandmother's living room...so please say a prayer or think good thoughts for my sanity and patience on this trip. I should be able to catch up on the thread while on "vacation", but will probably refrain from commenting since I am so far behind. Please know as I read your posts to get caught up; I'm thinking of all of you that are struggling and celebrating with all of you that are celebrating.

ETA: I'm still checking the Batcave because that isn't as busy and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all the pictures!

Glad you had a fun girl's weekend. Thinking about you on your trip, and was sorry to hear about your dad in your earlier post.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    My son just bummed a Quest bar off me. Guess I will have to try s'mores next round......

Did you get him hooked too?
  • girldownsouth
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Confession
    I ruin songs for my teenage daughter. I sign along in a nasal voice when I feel the song is whiny. I ask too many questions about the meaning of the song or point out how sexist (or whatever it may be) the lyrics are of a particular song. I know he is talented but I change the station when I hear one popular Grammy winning singer whining about someone not being faithful. I don't mean to ruin songs for my daughter, it just happens when I point out something she stops liking the song.

For example the GDFR song that sounds like it has an oboe in it. Then it does not quite sound like and oboe but a sax. Then I go back and forth pondering what musical instrument is making that sound. It drives her nuts. But, we have a lot of similar musical tastes so when she broke her ipod and I gave her mine she didn't complain. :)

Then I think about songs I like and I could be called hypocritical. My kids knew the lyrics and sang along to Violent Femmes Blister in the Sun (for example, there are others) in early elementary school.

Confession #2
    In general I don't like violent movies but I find Grosse Point Blank hilarious.

I over-analyse song lyrics to the point of hating them. There was an admittedly crap song by a boyband over here a couple of summers ago called 'she walks like Rihanna' and it basically explained that this girl was rubbish at everything, but at least she could strut and was hot. Everyone at work would listen to it and it would wind me up so much. I kept hearing the message, 'young girls, don't worry about putting any effort into anything or developing any talents, you're hot so you'll be fine.'

Or that song about the girl who doesn't know she's beautiful . . . and that's what makes her beautiful. I get that conceited isn't an attractive trait, but IME a person who knows they're beautiful attracts a better class of mate than someone with low self-esteem, which makes you wonder about the person who wrote the lyrics. Goodness knows the guys who have encouraged me to have low self-esteem (and other women I've known) have all had serious issues of their own.

And don't even get me started on "Blurred Lines," which has been discussed ad nauseum elsewhere.

But I also enjoy analyzing some songs. When you know how Rihanna's accountant screwed her over, "B---- Better Have My Money" becomes a million times better.

Another song that everyone thinks is so poppy & upbeat but is the exact opposite is Semi Charmed Life by Third Eye Blind.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semi-Charmed_Life#Content

The lead singer said it's about drug addiction.
    Or the Barry Manilow one about liking Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain, which is about hooking up with a woman from the personal ads.

But doesn't it turn out that the woman is actually his wife after all? But they're still both checking out the personal ads!
  • girldownsouth
    Options
    Speaking of bad endings... Dexter, anyone? The whole show was pretty bad (my boyfriend and I watched it pretty much just so we could laugh at it), in my opinion, but the ending was just HILARIOUS. I don't know what they were thinking.

EDIT: Breaking Bad was always amazing and ended amazing!
    EDIT 2: Seasons 1-4 (or 3?) of Dexter weren't nearly as bad as the last few seasons. I just hated the main character because he was dull and boring. Deb was my favorite.
    We watched the first few series of Dexter and bailed before it got really bad. I was always a bit weirded out by the fact that his sister in the show was his wife in real life (at the time, anyway). When I heard how bad the ending was, I felt quite pleased that I hadn't invested any more time in it!

Agree about BB - I'm re-watching right now and it totally delivers on all fronts, right to the very end.
    I never liked Dexter much... the show or the guy. There were some characters that had some life to them but Dexter did not. I probably should have done what you did, but I felt obligated to stick it out until the end. :confounded: My favorite thing about the show was the opening, which I thought was pretty stylish!

But it was so, so long!! We always spun through it to save about 5 minutes.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! ❤️
    She's so excited for school this year! She's been talking about how much she wants to go to preschool, and it's so adorable!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Finally got caught up. Sad to say for the next couple months reading this thread at work is going to be next to impossible.

@orangesmarties love those pictures a lot!

Glad you caught up!
    I just wanted to point out that the orangesmarties person you mentioned is not the person from this thread. She is orangemsartie with no "s"....just for future mentioning. :)

Goodness thanks @kelly_c_77 wonder how many times I have done that. Eek

Haha, not sure...but now you know! :)

And count me as another who hates the taste of black licorice!

And... EXIT...do you say "eggzit" or "eksit"??
    I say eggzit.

I say x-it.

Ditto
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    My sweet dog passed away this morning and I couldn't be any more miserable.v39ckqj9u38n.jpg

I am so sorry. She is beautiful.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    No time to read and catch up right now, but here are some pics of the new grandbaby, Lily Kay!hbbetwvo8su1.jpg
    p62qbks28dkf.jpg