Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Also checking in as another lefty! True story, when I was in elementary school, being left handed was apparently not acceptable and my teachers actually tried to force me to write right handed. Needless to say, it didn't go well, and eventually they gave up. Raelynn hasn't completely shown which hand is more dominant, but she does tend to use her left hand quite a bit. It must be a family thing since my mom and I are left handed and SIL is left handed too lol!

My brother is left-handed, and oddly he had that issue in school as well. Is it a crime to write with your left hand? That said, his handwriting was so terrible that when I did his homework for him (Ooh, a confession!) I wrote with MY left hand so it would be just as bad... :p (I'm a righty)
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    ulc3z59xy56v.jpg
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Ok. Here is what I have made so far. Brownies! The empty spaces are where I ran out of batter.

Is there actually a picture here? Because I can't see anything... :o

Whoops!! I was trying to post from my phone. I usually get a huge image from that. May have to try again.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Somehow the image is here on my computer. I'll have to look back and see what happened.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    If we're still all part of the bat cave in a year or so I say we make plans to take a trip to meet!! Everyone's always saying come visit o:):)

You can meet the south east based of us when you come over.

And hopefully @girldownsouth and I will be heading to Tennessee next year (training and baby permitting) so we could congregate round there?

You better be coming south!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Somehow the image is here on my computer. I'll have to look back and see what happened.

I can see it now--yum! What's the caramel looking stuff on the top? And did you really bake them in ice cube containers? :p
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    @LBuehrle8 Ok, you're off to the UK very soon. Here's your food list! Some Harry Potter related, some just British stuff that you have to try. In no particular order. (And to the Brits: Yes, I know that nobody in the UK eats like this really! Some of these are just things I miss and enjoy when we visit. Feel free to add to Laura's list!)

Treacle Tart
    Bangers & Mash - Yes
    Cream cake from a bakery -yes
    Curry from a proper curry house (ideally at 11pm after the pub closes) - definitely!
    Sherbert lemons -yes or rhubarb and custard
    Bacon sandwich - every morning
    'Full English' breakfast
    Cornish pasty
    Trifle - yes
    Chocolate Frog
    Spotted Dick & custard - of course!
    Pork pie - in a picnic!
    Crumpets
    Cream Tea - oh my golly yes!
    Fish and chips (ideally eaten with fingers on a beach) - with tomato sauce & mayo
    Butterbeer
    Sunday roast (pubs are good if nobody wants to cook)
    Toad In The Hole - yup
    More curry - naturally

• girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Thank you everyone for the cheers.

These are the two sets I got:

v1epxfh1iumi.jpg
    ryhn5o0po9p1.jpg

Satisfies my jewellery needs while being practical.

Are these fitbit covers?

Yes. For my flex.

Congrats on hitting 30lbs!
    FroggyBug wrote: »

I want to see your pictures. :)

I finally watched the trailer and I'm really excited for this movie as well. It looks like it'll be awesome. I was sad to find out that it isn't coming out soon. :(
    I'm sad too :( And they're nothing special or creative :tongue: I'm terribly jealous of people who can actually draw well. Sometimes I like to draw what is in front of me... I just looked at stills from the animated series on my computer and drew them on paper. Like so:
    qjbr3t1sc6a5.jpg
    kecmw25 wrote: »

My face gets red for everything! Hot, embarrassed, stressed, you name it. I had a guy once tell me I should get my blood pressure checked. It made me even more embarrassed.
    Me too! My face turns red at the slightest amount of awkwardness. Makes everything even more awkward. Then I start stammering. My feet also get red easily for some reason, which has led to people asking me "What's wrong with your feet?!"

Thank you. :smiley:
    You're back! I'm glad- your posts always make me smile :smiley:

I eat them like apples. YUM. Except that then the rash around my mouth gets 100 times worse when the tomato juice actually TOUCHES it, so now I'm sensible and chop it into chunks and carefully fork it into my mouth like a delicate young tomato monster. o:)
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE tomatoes. My grandparents used to keep a tomato garden and I was always excited to go over there to eat them. I love them with a little salt and pepper, but I can eat them like apples too. Your rash sounds like what I get when the skin around my mouth touches the peel of a mango. :( And I love mango.

Oh no, that's terrible when you've just been to the Dominican Republic. I ate mango 3 times a day. It tasted so much better than any mango I'd ever had before. Literally melted in the mouth.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,369 Member
    Options
    ljmorgi wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    ljmorgi wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    So TMI alert but here's a thought (you've been warned).

As previously bemoaned, a lovely side effect of pregnancy is the slowing down of one's bowel and all the delightful consequences associated therewith.

While I finally managed to 'lighten my load' earlier today after a few days of stalling, it occurred to me that perhaps this is nature's way of readying the body for birth. I swear I had to do breathing exercises to get through it!

I feel better now...

As I don't have children and therefore have never given birth, this scares me :#

Aaah I didn't mean to put anyone off. Pregnancy has thus far not been too bad. I haven't puked once! Also now I'm at the stage where people officially know, I feel I can stick my gut out as far as I like (even if it is primarily due to too much lunch rather than baby). There are positives too!

I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end.

I'm just waiting for the clock to run out and hoping my health conditions mean early menopause!

Eeek. Be careful what you wish for...

Well, the tubal ligation thing didn't work out (lots of scar tissue in my abdominal cavity due to earlier things...) so that's my best hope. I have a couple of coworkers who said that honestly, aside from the hot flashes, theirs wasn't so bad, so I'm hoping it works out that way for me too.

Ah, sorry to hear you've got major problems. I had massive gynie issues for years and eventually a hysterectomy at age 33 was the only solution (and very welcome at that point).

Here are my menopause complaints:
    Insomnia (this one is the worst)
    Hot flashes (I wouldn't care so much if I only got hot but I get woozy and lightheaded too)
    Sudden violent intolerance to caffeine (major coffee lover)
    Rapid loss of muscle tissue
    Probable loss of bone density (can't say for certain as I haven't been tested recently)
    Periodic cognitive impairments -- memory, concentration -- I occasionally lose my extensive vocabulary and have been known to make weird word substitutions, like saying "chrysanthemum" instead of "cucumber"

But it seems that every woman experiences menopause a little differently, and I have known women who sailed through it with few issues.
    Whoops!! I was trying to post from my phone. I usually get a huge image from that. May have to try again.

Now those look tasty!

And you made lots. Good. Enough to share with all of us ;)
  • girldownsouth
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    How does that even stay up?!

They're allegedly self-adhesive.

I've picked up the packages and they seem to be heavier than the appendages (mine anyway) they're supposed to support.

The sales clerk in La Senza swore they stayed on securely, but of course she IS paid to say stuff like that.

I don't want them lifted per se, just want them supported in a position north of my waistline and to avoid that dead giveaway braless jiggle & sway. (they're small but very mobile)

Same goes for mine. I don't understand how something heavier than the things they're supposed to support would work. Plus, I sweat really badly in that region so it would probably just slide right off in mid stride. I'm not sure I'm brave enough to try it. Maybe around the house or something, but most definitely NOT in public.

Can I just cast a vote for the wonderbra ultimate strapless. Genuine feat of engineering. I'll stick a picture in the batcave tomorrow of me with it on (and a top!)
  • girldownsouth
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I am known at work for making really good cakes, usually from scratch. Today one of the guys is leaving to take a job out of state, so they asked me to make him a German chocolate cake. I made it- box mix, can of frosting. Everyone is raving about how good it is. I don't know whether I should be flattered or disappointed.

ETA: Yay me, I can follow directions!

German Choc cake is the one I'm the most tempted to do this with. I never make anything out of a box (My kitchen would have to be on fire first lol) but German Choc Cake from scratch tastes almost exactly like a box mix. If anything, scratch made is less sweet and mild chocolate flavor. The cake is a cinch to make, but the frosting is a PITA. Making the caramel base and throwing in the pecans and stirring til your arms hate you on extremely low heat drives me nuts... My mom asks for a GC Cake every year for her birthday and I do it but every year I swear I'm substituting Duncan Hines...Then no matter how cold/cooled off the cake is, even if you do a crumb coat, frosting it is HARD.

This is the mix I used:

It is delicious! It has a separate packet of coconut pecan mix to add in before baking. It is super moist! I baked it in a 9 x 13 pan and frosted it with whatever brand of coconut pecan frosting I grabbed first. (Betty Crocker, I think?)
    Edit: because spelling is hard.

Would I be driven out of the thread if I admitted that I'd most likely HATE German Chocolate cake? I hate nuts in everything (they can only be eaten alone, unless we're talking nut butter), and I really hate coconut in desserts--and in everything else. I can only eat it plain and fresh.
    German chocolate cake has a special place in my heart. My dad used to buy one for everyone on their birthday, thinking it was our favorite cake. The truth is it wasn't the favorite cake of any of us... except for my dad. I think he convinced himself everyone loved it as much as him. Now it always makes me think about him <3

I also do like German chocolate cake, and I'm not a big cake person. I love coconut!

<3
  • girldownsouth
    Options
    @girldownsouth nice to see you back!!

Glad you and @Tubbs216 had wonderful vacations.

Thank you :) I've finally caught myself up. Will have to sleep soon and finish catching up tomorrow at work.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Also checking in as another lefty! True story, when I was in elementary school, being left handed was apparently not acceptable and my teachers actually tried to force me to write right handed. Needless to say, it didn't go well, and eventually they gave up. Raelynn hasn't completely shown which hand is more dominant, but she does tend to use her left hand quite a bit. It must be a family thing since my mom and I are left handed and SIL is left handed too lol!

My brother is left-handed, and oddly he had that issue in school as well. Is it a crime to write with your left hand? That said, his handwriting was so terrible that when I did his homework for him (Ooh, a confession!) I wrote with MY left hand so it would be just as bad... :p (I'm a righty)

My handwriting is atrocious too! I always had N.I.s in handwriting in elementary school.
  • girldownsouth
    Options
    Speaking of bad endings... Dexter, anyone? The whole show was pretty bad (my boyfriend and I watched it pretty much just so we could laugh at it), in my opinion, but the ending was just HILARIOUS. I don't know what they were thinking.

EDIT: Breaking Bad was always amazing and ended amazing!
    EDIT 2: Seasons 1-4 (or 3?) of Dexter weren't nearly as bad as the last few seasons. I just hated the main character because he was dull and boring. Deb was my favorite.

Dexter started well, but it was terrible for the last few series.

I'm currently binge watching castle and criminal minds. Not seen breaking bad, am really not that interested but everyone always says it's so good. Same goes for game of thrones.

ETA: lost had the most disappointing ending ever. And how I met your mother needed 2 fewer seasons.

Is Castle on Netflix?

Over here it used to be on amazon, but now only one series is. We download it from sky (which is a satellite TV provider here), but there's loads more available on US Netflix than we get, so it might be.
  • girldownsouth
    Options
    @LBuehrle8 Ok, you're off to the UK very soon. Here's your food list! Some Harry Potter related, some just British stuff that you have to try. In no particular order. (And to the Brits: Yes, I know that nobody in the UK eats like this really! Some of these are just things I miss and enjoy when we visit. Feel free to add to Laura's list!)

Treacle Tart
    Bangers & Mash
    Cream cake from a bakery
    Curry from a proper curry house (ideally at 11pm after the pub closes)
    Sherbert lemons
    Bacon sandwich
    'Full English' breakfast
    Cornish pasty
    Trifle
    Chocolate Frog
    Spotted Dick & custard
    Pork pie
    Crumpets
    Cream Tea
    Fish and chips (ideally eaten with fingers on a beach)
    Butterbeer
    Toad In The Hole
    More curry

I have a bag of sherbert lemons by my bed! Not sure why, I bought them and some rhubarb and custards for the plane and only took the others. They're unopened, I don't lie in bed and eat them!

Also, irrelevant to this, but I am right handed, but do a lot with my left hand, and can write legibly with it. I also do my eyeliner on each eye with the corresponding hand. My friends find this really weird.
  • girldownsouth
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Okay, as another word comparison, how do you say batteries?

Bat-trees or (the correct way lol) batter-ees ?

Batter-ees! Pet peeve here, people who can't say espresso correctly...

For me it is nuclear. People who can't pronounce it correctly.

What really winds me up is the number of people who work in the industry and still don't say it right!
    George W style 'noo-cou-ler'?

Yep! Our managing director says it like that!!!!!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Treacle Tart
    Bangers & Mash
    Cream cake from a bakery
    Curry from a proper curry house (ideally at 11pm after the pub closes)
    Sherbert lemons
    Bacon sandwich
    'Full English' breakfast
    Cornish pasty
    Trifle
    Chocolate Frog
    Spotted Dick & custard
    Pork pie
    Crumpets
    Cream Tea
    Fish and chips (ideally eaten with fingers on a beach)
    Butterbeer
    Toad In The Hole
    More curry

I have a bag of sherbert lemons by my bed! Not sure why, I bought them and some rhubarb and custards for the plane and only took the others. They're unopened, I don't lie in bed and eat them!

Also, irrelevant to this, but I am right handed, but do a lot with my left hand, and can write legibly with it. I also do my eyeliner on each eye with the corresponding hand. My friends find this really weird.

Lucky I've always wanted to be ambidextrous when it comes to make up!!! My right eye always looks better than my left :s
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    I bought coffee today after not having it since being in Punta Cana. Drank two big cups of it and now I'm wide awake despite it being past 1 AM. It was delicious goodness in a mug, but I kind of want to sleep now.
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Ok... I have a fun question for you guys: What do you call soda? Do you call it pop, soda, soft drink, or coke (for all drinks)? I grew up in South Carolina and down there, as far as I'm concerned, pretty much all of us call it soda. I've never heard anyone actually say ''pop.'' And why would you call every soda ''Coke?" Coke is a specific drink!!!

I took a quiz to see where in the US I sound like I'm from. Florida, Maine, and Boston were high up there (Boston, really?). Here's the quiz if you guys want something to do: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/12/20/sunday-review/dialect-quiz-map.html

:lol:

EDIT: Apparently I sound absolutely nothing like people from Detroit.
    EDIT2: Took the quiz again and got three cities in California. No matter what it says Detroit is least similar.

Apparently the use of the word sneakers isolated me to Yonkers, Newark and New York... Guess since I have lived most of my life in that area, except for 15 years between WI and IL, I would say that makes sense!
    On the shoe question I initially put "sneakers" and noticed that one of the options was tennis shoes right after I clicked NEXT. I think that's why it put me as sounding like I'm from Boston... I definitely say tennis shoes way more than sneakers.

I say it like "tenna shoes," even. I suppose that's more southern :tongue:

@FluffySandwich Where did you stay in Punta Cana?? Mr. NY and I are planning to go in October or December!

I know you didn't actually ask me, but I got back on Thursday. We stayed in the Riu Palace Macau, which is an adults only all inclusive, and it was really nice.

Thanks! I am actually just not catching up on posts from the weekend...I saw you went to DR and I was going to ask you about it! How was the food there?? And the beaches? We are definitely wanting an adults only place.

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    If we're still all part of the bat cave in a year or so I say we make plans to take a trip to meet!! Everyone's always saying come visit o:):)

And hopefully @girldownsouth and I will be heading to Tennessee next year (training and baby permitting) so we could congregate round there?

I'd come and cheer you runners on. No way my knee would survive a marathon, or even a half.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

I'd come and cheer you runners on. No way my knee would survive a marathon, or even a half.

I'll cheer with you!! My knees can't handle those distances either :(
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

I'm going to try! My knees aren't the greatest but I'm at least going to try to do the half! I guess we'll see how well they take C25K first before I decide that for sure!