Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @girldownsouth nice to see you back!!

Glad you and @Tubbs216 had wonderful vacations.
    Thanks! I just posted a couple of pics in the Batcave.

• Tubbs216
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    @LBuehrle8 Ok, you're off to the UK very soon. Here's your food list! Some Harry Potter related, some just British stuff that you have to try. In no particular order. (And to the Brits: Yes, I know that nobody in the UK eats like this really! Some of these are just things I miss and enjoy when we visit. Feel free to add to Laura's list!)

Treacle Tart
    Bangers & Mash
    Cream cake from a bakery
    Curry from a proper curry house (ideally at 11pm after the pub closes)
    Sherbert lemons
    Bacon sandwich
    'Full English' breakfast
    Cornish pasty
    Trifle
    Chocolate Frog
    Spotted Dick & custard
    Pork pie
    Crumpets
    Cream Tea
    Fish and chips (ideally eaten with fingers on a beach)
    Butterbeer
    Sunday roast (pubs are good if nobody wants to cook)
    Toad In The Hole
    More curry

I screen shotted this and sent it to the SO! Thanks Tubbs!!
    :) We'll need a full recap when you get back. You know that, right?!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    I'm wearing my son's Thor t-shirt, and I kinda like it.
    (I was summoned to the garage to assist Mr Tubbs, and didn't want to get my nice top dirty. The advantage of having slovenly teenagers is their tendency to leave random items of clothing around, thus negating the need to go upstairs again for a change of shirt!)
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    If we're still all part of the bat cave in a year or so I say we make plans to take a trip to meet!! Everyone's always saying come visit o:):)

You can meet the south east based of us when you come over.

And hopefully @girldownsouth and I will be heading to Tennessee next year (training and baby permitting) so we could congregate round there?

I'd come and cheer you runners on. No way my knee would survive a marathon, or even a half.

I'll cheer with you!! My knees can't handle those distances either :(

We are up for a cheering crowd. And the Grand Ole Oprey! We are going to have a BLAST!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Random but my cats are running around like maniacs because I am awake.

This is my life x 5 (actually only 4 because Tater doesn't do much running, haha) but they usually to run like maniacs when we're sleeping. :tired_face:

It's 4 for me and usually they are asleep when I am but I think because I was awake they decided to have a party....
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Okay... Everyone appears to be asleep. I had a great day overall, exercise wise and riding wise. Can we just freeze today and never unfreeze it? Sigh. I guess not. Off to bed.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Okay... Everyone appears to be asleep. I had a great day overall, exercise wise and riding wise. Can we just freeze today and never unfreeze it? Sigh. I guess not. Off to bed.

Good night POF!

I was just waiting up for my son to get home from work so we could watch Big Brother.....at least it will last longer than 34 seconds, lol.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Welcome back @Tubbs216 and @girldownsouth

Buhler - what is the countdown? Have SOOOO much fun!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    If we're still all part of the bat cave in a year or so I say we make plans to take a trip to meet!! Everyone's always saying come visit o:):)

You can meet the south east based of us when you come over.

And hopefully @girldownsouth and I will be heading to Tennessee next year (training and baby permitting) so we could congregate round there?

I'd come and cheer you runners on. No way my knee would survive a marathon, or even a half.

I'll cheer with you!! My knees can't handle those distances either :(

We are up for a cheering crowd. And the Grand Ole Oprey! We are going to have a BLAST!

What is the date again? I may look at coming to spectate. I looked at flight costs today.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Random things I hope to do one day:

1) Kick down a door. Don't know why, it just looks fun. But based on how attempting to kick a fence board down went, I don't think I'll be very good at kicking in doors.

2) Flip a table when I'm mad. Preferably someone else's table, with their stuff on it.

Sounds to me you just secretly want to be a wrestler (the staged kind, not the olympic kind). Also jump from the top of a ladder without hurting myself!
  • spamarie
    edited August 2015
    Options
    My brother and I used to get into a lot of physical fights. After a while (since I'm the older sibling) I started phasing out of that (he also turned into a solid, broad-shouldered dude) and now when I look back I just feel stupid and confused about that whole fiasco. I'm not a violent person WHATSOEVER. I guess I had to make an exception for my brother :lol: My older sister had a bigger age difference than the two of us, so she wasn't around enough for us to fight. The one time she did pull my hair I was so shocked I just went to my room. :lol:

The rules just aren't the same when it comes to siblings. I was the perfect school student. Never got in trouble, great grades, never rude. But my brothers and I fought like cat and dog. Rarely anything serious, just stupid stuff, but must have been crap for my mother to live with. She used to get really annoyed after parent's evening because the teachers would give us glowing reports and then she'd be all, 'why can't you be like that at home!?'

We grew out of it. I grew out of it sooner (plus being the only girl my brothers cottoned on somewhat sooner it was wrong to hit a girl). But my elder brother (who was the worst offender) only really stopped bullying my younger brothers when one of them realised he was in fact bigger than him and hit him back properly. It had been brewing for some time, my elder brother really was unnecessarily mean to my younger brothers. That fixed that! They are all perfectly normal, nice men now. I wouldn't read too much into it.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    @LBuehrle8 Ok, you're off to the UK very soon. Here's your food list! Some Harry Potter related, some just British stuff that you have to try. In no particular order. (And to the Brits: Yes, I know that nobody in the UK eats like this really! Some of these are just things I miss and enjoy when we visit. Feel free to add to Laura's list!)

Treacle Tart
    Bangers & Mash
    Cream cake from a bakery
    Sherbert lemons
    Bacon sandwich
    'Full English' breakfast
    Cornish pasty
    Trifle
    Chocolate Frog
    Spotted Dick & custard
    Pork pie
    Crumpets
    Cream Tea
    Butterbeer
    Toad In The Hole
    More curry

I screen shotted this and sent it to the SO! Thanks Tubbs!!
    :) We'll need a full recap when you get back. You know that, right?!

Don't worry, I'm already preparing for that!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Welcome back @Tubbs216 and @girldownsouth

Buhler - what is the countdown? Have SOOOO much fun!

I leave on Friday woo hoo!! Thank you!!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    My brother and I used to get into a lot of physical fights. After a while (since I'm the older sibling) I started phasing out of that (he also turned into a solid, broad-shouldered dude) and now when I look back I just feel stupid and confused about that whole fiasco. I'm not a violent person WHATSOEVER. I guess I had to make an exception for my brother :lol: My older sister had a bigger age difference than the two of us, so she wasn't around enough for us to fight. The one time she did pull my hair I was so shocked I just went to my room. :lol:

The rules just aren't the same when it comes to siblings. I was the perfect school student. Never got in trouble, great grades, never rude. But my brothers and I fought like cat and dog. Rarely anything serious, just stupid stuff, but must have been crap for my mother to live with. She used to get really annoyed after parent's evening because the teachers would give us glowing reports and then she'd be all, 'why can't you be like that at home!?'

We grew out of it. I grew out of it sooner (plus being the only girl my brothers cottoned on somewhat sooner it was wrong to hit a girl). But my elder brother (who was the worst offender) only really stopped bullying my younger brothers when one of them realised he was in fact bigger than him and hit him back properly. It had been brewing for some time, my elder brother really was unnecessarily mean to my younger brothers. That fixed that! They are all perfectly normal, nice men now. I wouldn't read too much into it.

This is hilarious- and reminds me exactly of my sister, my 3 brothers, and me :) Aw memories!
  • spamarie
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I am known at work for making really good cakes, usually from scratch. Today one of the guys is leaving to take a job out of state, so they asked me to make him a German chocolate cake. I made it- box mix, can of frosting. Everyone is raving about how good it is. I don't know whether I should be flattered or disappointed.

ETA: Yay me, I can follow directions!

German Choc cake is the one I'm the most tempted to do this with. I never make anything out of a box (My kitchen would have to be on fire first lol) but German Choc Cake from scratch tastes almost exactly like a box mix. If anything, scratch made is less sweet and mild chocolate flavor. The cake is a cinch to make, but the frosting is a PITA. Making the caramel base and throwing in the pecans and stirring til your arms hate you on extremely low heat drives me nuts... My mom asks for a GC Cake every year for her birthday and I do it but every year I swear I'm substituting Duncan Hines...Then no matter how cold/cooled off the cake is, even if you do a crumb coat, frosting it is HARD.

This is the mix I used:

It is delicious! It has a separate packet of coconut pecan mix to add in before baking. It is super moist! I baked it in a 9 x 13 pan and frosted it with whatever brand of coconut pecan frosting I grabbed first. (Betty Crocker, I think?)
    Edit: because spelling is hard.

Would I be driven out of the thread if I admitted that I'd most likely HATE German Chocolate cake? I hate nuts in everything (they can only be eaten alone, unless we're talking nut butter), and I really hate coconut in desserts--and in everything else. I can only eat it plain and fresh.
    German chocolate cake has a special place in my heart. My dad used to buy one for everyone on their birthday, thinking it was our favorite cake. The truth is it wasn't the favorite cake of any of us... except for my dad. I think he convinced himself everyone loved it as much as him. Now it always makes me think about him <3

I also do like German chocolate cake, and I'm not a big cake person. I love coconut!

Apparently I loved licorice allsorts as a kid. I have no independent recollection of this.

My father buys me a HUGE tin of them every Christmas as a result.

I don't much care for them any more. Next tin is going to the office for the vultures to devour.

When I was just discovering alcohol and getting smashed with my mates on a regular basis (I'm British, it's what we do) I was somewhat fond of a very strong shot called Aftershock, especially the red cinnamon flavour one. This stuff clears your sinuses and blows your brains out. Paired with me being a total lightweight, it's not something I did often. My dad somehow cottoned on to the fact I quite like the stuff though. When I was about 20 (and drinking like a grown up instead of a teenager) we were out for a family dinner and he buys me a shot of red aftershock to go with dinner. Umm, thanks Papa? Not quite going to compliment the fish course, is it? I saved it till after and downed it in one (the only way to enjoy these things) anyway. I don't drink at all nowadays, but if I did, I bet he'd still buy me red aftershock.
  • spamarie
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    No time to read and catch up right now, but here are some pics of the new grandbaby, Lily Kay!hbbetwvo8su1.jpg
    p62qbks28dkf.jpg

Oh my so precious. I melted a little! I am currently obsessed over tiny little baby fingers and how they cling on to your pinkie. This is one of the things I'm looking forward to most!
  • spamarie
    Options
    I confess it always baffles me when someone brings up that I am left handed as it is some rare disease. Any other lefties here?

Me... or mostly. I was in an accident as a kid and never reliably got my left hand fine motor control back so I can write lefty but it's easier to read my right-handed writing. (Could someone saint my 2nd grade teacher for teaching me to write again?) I "mouse" with my left hand and open doors with my left hand so on, but I am afraid to use knives or scissors left handed. I have broken more coffee mugs than I can count because my left hand just stops responding. It's a very weird feeling.
    But, I digress, it's really odd the way people treat me because my mouse is on the left side of my desk and I sprang for a lefty keyboard. It's like I'm from Mars or something.

My youngest is also a lefty.

i am right handed however my dad and elder brother are lefties, so the computer at home was always set up for a lefty. As a result I mouse with my left hand and write with my right. I am super efficient at writing notes while searching online!
  • spamarie
    Options

Treacle Tart
    Bangers & Mash
    Cream cake from a bakery
    Sherbert lemons
    Bacon sandwich
    'Full English' breakfast
    Cornish pasty
    Trifle
    Chocolate Frog
    Spotted Dick & custard
    Pork pie
    Crumpets
    Cream Tea
    Butterbeer
    Toad In The Hole
    More curry

Your forgot MARMITE! I love it myself.
  • spamarie
    Options
    This is MY page.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »

Treacle Tart
    Bangers & Mash
    Cream cake from a bakery
    Sherbert lemons
    Bacon sandwich
    'Full English' breakfast
    Cornish pasty
    Trifle
    Chocolate Frog
    Spotted Dick & custard
    Pork pie
    Crumpets
    Cream Tea
    Butterbeer
    Toad In The Hole
    More curry

Your forgot MARMITE! I love it myself.
    Ah. I'm a hater myself, so....