Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    NSV/Confession: I went to a coffee shop with coworkers this morning and just ordered a drip coffee, instead of some frothy, creamy, calorific concoction. And I'm not even mad. :D
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Today I am sporting the "I think I can get one more day out of my hair because I'm not mentally prepared to wash it" bun.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Today I am sporting the "I think I can get one more day out of my hair because I'm not mentally prepared to wash it" bun.

That is the one problem with short hair. Can't get away with that.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    NSV/Confession: I went to a coffee shop with coworkers this morning and just ordered a drip coffee, instead of some frothy, creamy, calorific concoction. And I'm not even mad. :D

Really good drip coffee is all you need. :)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

I washed mine on Saturday because the NP said a steamy shower would help my cough. I had to wash it this morning. But I do love the bun option.
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I don't leave the house without a girdle on. I can't remember the last time I went anywhere without one since I was 19. I'm 32.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    I don't leave the house without a girdle on. I can't remember the last time I went anywhere without one since I was 19. I'm 32.

Even going to the gym??? I would be SO sweaty and uncomfortable.

Nice confession though.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    Confession;
    I never met a person named Candi or a Tiffany. I must admit that I have a name prejudice. I always thought the girl having those names would be tall, skinny, beautiful women with empty heads.

I have now met a Tiffany. She is intelligent, short and, strong (a weight lifter). So much for stereotypes.

The only Candi I know is short and very overweight. My name prejudices are for stripper names honestly. If I ever meet a Bambi who isn't a peeler I will be so pleasantly surprised

You're like Dolly Parton's character in Steel Magnolias! "I haven't left the house without lycra on these thighs since I was 14." "That's because you were raised right!" :D Oh Olympia Dukakis
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

I love this confession. My grandmother wore one everywhere.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Confession: I had my first creme egg of the year already. For shame!

Ha ha Danny confessed to having one the other day. I had a Reece’s egg. For protein of course.
  • sandy_taylor13
    sandy_taylor13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    Confession;
    I never met a person named Candi or a Tiffany. I must admit that I have a name prejudice. I always thought the girl having those names would be tall, skinny, beautiful women with empty heads.

I have now met a Tiffany. She is intelligent, short and, strong (a weight lifter). So much for stereotypes.

The only Candi I know is short and very overweight. My name prejudices are for stripper names honestly. If I ever meet a Bambi who isn't a peeler I will be so pleasantly surprised

You're like Dolly Parton's character in Steel Magnolias! "I haven't left the house without lycra on these thighs since I was 14." "That's because you were raised right!" :D Oh Olympia Dukakis

I was thinking the same thing!!!
  • sandy_taylor13
    sandy_taylor13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    Confession;

Looks like two pigs fightin under a blanket. :smiley:
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Confession: I gave my husband a list. It wasn't a terribly long or complicated list and I told him to get two things on it at Target, the rest at Aldi. He only went to Target and came back without Clorox wipes. He said he couldn't find them. I have spray cleaner and paper towels, but I am so disappointed not to have the convenient thing while I am sick. Also, he overpaid for bread by miles. Sigh...

What a brave woman! I hate sending hubby for a list. I will ask for 1 item of something perishable and he will buy 3, what is worse most of the time I am asking for 1 item of several perishable items and he will buy 3 of each, His answer is that he does not want to run out. I spend the next week being creative on how to store and use up all the perishables in the house.

Gotta love him though he is a great guy.

My husband is a great guy. I love him. But I hate to send him shopping. I just had to have the few things on that list because I went to urgent care instead of the store on Saturday morning. I have not left my house since I was diagnosed with flu. I will have to today because Tyler will need a ride home from school, but I won't get out of my truck then. I might go to the PO Box before I pick him up since I have no fever so far this morning, but no way was I going out into the "oh, my gosh, it's gonna snow!" crowd last night.

Don't blame you on not wanting to brave the snow crowd! I always laugh at the way people freak out over most of the storms with the exception of the blizzards. Half of the people at least where I'm from are out the same day if not the second day.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Confession: I gave my husband a list. It wasn't a terribly long or complicated list and I told him to get two things on it at Target, the rest at Aldi. He only went to Target and came back without Clorox wipes. He said he couldn't find them. I have spray cleaner and paper towels, but I am so disappointed not to have the convenient thing while I am sick. Also, he overpaid for bread by miles. Sigh...

What a brave woman! I hate sending hubby for a list. I will ask for 1 item of something perishable and he will buy 3, what is worse most of the time I am asking for 1 item of several perishable items and he will buy 3 of each, His answer is that he does not want to run out. I spend the next week being creative on how to store and use up all the perishables in the house.

My husband is a great guy. I love him. But I hate to send him shopping. I just had to have the few things on that list because I went to urgent care instead of the store on Saturday morning. I have not left my house since I was diagnosed with flu. I will have to today because Tyler will need a ride home from school, but I won't get out of my truck then. I might go to the PO Box before I pick him up since I have no fever so far this morning, but no way was I going out into the "oh, my gosh, it's gonna snow!" crowd last night.

Don't blame you on not wanting to brave the snow crowd! I always laugh at the way people freak out over most of the storms with the exception of the blizzards. Half of the people at least where I'm from are out the same day if not the second day.

As for driving after a storm in the south, It’s not the ice I am worried about. It’s all the people not use to driving in it. Unfortunately in the south they don’t invest in equiptment to clear the streets.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options

As for driving after a storm in the south, It’s not the ice I am worried about. It’s all the people not use to driving in it. Unfortunately in the south they don’t invest in equiptment to clear the streets.

After centuries of rubbish weather our government still hasn't invested in the equipment to deal with snow and ice. I think we just enjoy our snow-days too much. NO WORK, YEAH!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options

Ha I do this all the time in ponytail form.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited January 2018
    Options

We have the equipment here in Northeast TN. We also have mountains and foothills and hollers that are hard to keep ice free. My kids were on a 2 hour delay today. I didn't need it here in the valley near the river, but my friend Missy lives up on the ridge and I know her kid's bus would have trouble when it was 4 degrees at 6 am.

Edited to remove double quote and add that five years ago, we were without power for 4 days because a tree limb broke and took out a transformer. We all slept in the same room and used my oil lamps to see by. I cooked on the deck with my Coleman stove. I know why people run to get the basics if they don't have them, I just don't get why they don't keep them.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I think I need to follow Spamarie's example and just work on the veg portion of my healthy eating. I am good at protein consumption, but suck at the veg part. Baby steps.
    I managed to push myself on my first work out back and set myself back a week with DOMS. Ever have it so bad that your muscles all feel bruised and hurt when people touch you? Just now getting to the point I can walk with out pain.

*hugs*

Hoping your pain has subsided!

I know I need to get back on track with my eating!

Like you I need to try to incorporate more veggies in my diet & cut back on the mindless snacking/binging around my period.

Today so far I had a protein bar for Breakfast & four servings of cereal with Greek yogurt for lunch.

Cereal is a killer for me, I can't eat just one serving. It's the box or none~!