Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    Confession: I have the flu. And because of the weird strain of flu we have going around, you don't test positive right away so I probably exposed my whole team.

Oh no! Hope you recover quickly! :(
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Confession: I have the flu. And because of the weird strain of flu we have going around, you don't test positive right away so I probably exposed my whole team.

Oh no! Hope you recover quickly! :(

Thanks, whether I do or don't, hospital policy is I am off for the next five days.
    ETA: I really don't feel that bad. Just like I have a chest cold.
    ETA again: I only got tested because I spiked a fever last night and that's the protocol for work. If I hadn't gone on my own, no one would have made me because it's the weekend.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Boo to the flu! Got my free shot last year due to being preggo so hoping to avoid the particularly nasty strain going round this year. I don't think I've ever actually had a real flu, just heavy colds. I don't know, maybe I'm more awesome than I give myself credit and just didn't whinge about the flu, but I doubt it!!

Lookalike as a teenager was Wednesday Adams! Pale, straight dark hair and big eyes I guess. Helped by my goth phase and dying my hair black.

Hubby looks so much like an older Chase Elliott, it's uncanny. Double weird because I have a brother and a grandfather named Bill Elliott. It's a common name, I swear hubby and I are not related!

Kelly, in my head you look like a girl I used to know at uni.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Edited for a billion typos. That's what you get at 5am after feeding the baby for an hour. She's growing like a weed!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Edited for a billion typos. That's what you get at 5am after feeding the baby for an hour. She's growing like a weed!

Sunflower... She's growing like a sunflower. Way too cute to be a weed. (I will now picture her fat little cheeks surrounded by sunflower petals.)
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Well well, look what has made it over the pond!

Dangerous times.

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

Let's hope not! You will not be popular. :D
  • Oberon21
    Options
    So quik, I've more or less got your face in my head, but at first you were Catherine zeta Jones, which ain't bad!

Patricia looks like my aunt Genevieve, who is also a runner. She doesn't actually of course!

Soul looks like Hermione! Not Emma Watson, my own imagined version when I read the books. There is a whole hp association going on from our joint pretend efforts at language revision.

Mo, I can remember you cos of profile pics, but at first you were a bit like Annie Lennox, also not bad!

Mel is also easy because profile pic.

That is funny.. i don't look like or resemble anyone famous. I don't even look like anyone in my family really. All anyone ever says is that I look Irish.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    So quik, I've more or less got your face in my head, but at first you were Catherine zeta Jones, which ain't bad!

Patricia looks like my aunt Genevieve, who is also a runner. She doesn't actually of course!

Soul looks like Hermione! Not Emma Watson, my own imagined version when I read the books. There is a whole hp association going on from our joint pretend efforts at language revision.

Mo, I can remember you cos of profile pics, but at first you were a bit like Annie Lennox, also not bad!

Mel is also easy because profile pic.

when I was a kid, people always said I looked like hermoine! I think it was probably the crazy amount of wavy hair. possibly also the fact that I walked around with my head in a book literally all the time.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »

I am already not popular. It doesn't bother me. The amount of work two people will have to split to keep my job done bothers me. I like them both.
    Also, there have been at least 4 of us diagnosed. Three of them tested negative and were sent back to work with it, then tested positive two days later. I knew I had at least a cold so I wiped down the coffee pots and microwaves after I used them last week and I didn't get a fever until Friday night. It isn't supposed to be contagious without a fever. I have genuinely done my best not to make anyone else sick.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Well well, look what has made it over the pond!

Dangerous times.

Halo Top is less dangerous than cookie butter.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Is it terrible that I asked the tire place to get 2 tires just in case I had more that one flat (I've had that happen before) and wow. Guess what... I need 2 tires. Am I wrong to be suspicious?
  • Oberon21
    Options

I am already not popular. It doesn't bother me. The amount of work two people will have to split to keep my job done bothers me. I like them both.
    Also, there have been at least 4 of us diagnosed. Three of them tested negative and were sent back to work with it, then tested positive two days later. I knew I had at least a cold so I wiped down the coffee pots and microwaves after I used them last week and I didn't get a fever until Friday night. It isn't supposed to be contagious without a fever. I have genuinely done my best not to make anyone else sick.

Oh I can imagine... I was just teasing you!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I hate when people sit next to you and they have that heavy labored breathing at rest. It's like listening to someone chew.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    I hate when people sit next to you and they have that heavy labored breathing at rest. It's like listening to someone chew.

Same. My husband is a mouth-breather and I've contemplated his murder on more than one occasion.
  • Lois_1989
    Options

Well, seems like you did everything to avoid it. Couldn’t ask for a better coworker.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Well, seems like you did everything to avoid it. Couldn’t ask for a better coworker.

The reason I am not popular is because I am that kind of coworker. The kind who does the right thing when no one is looking and who gets her work done without a babysitter.
    I may have exposed them to the flu, but I can virtually guarantee that they didn't catch it from me. No one who lives in my house is sick. I am perilously close to out of Clorox wipes though. Sending Denni to the store for more tonight.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »

Same. My husband is a mouth-breather and I've contemplated his murder on more than one occasion.

Yeah that would be tough. :p
  • Oberon21
    Options

The reason I am not popular is because I am that kind of coworker. The kind who does the right thing when no one is looking and who gets her work done without a babysitter.
    I may have exposed them to the flu, but I can virtually guarantee that they didn't catch it from me. No one who lives in my house is sick. I am perilously close to out of Clorox wipes though. Sending Denni to the store for more tonight.

I'm not popular either. Too blunt
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Confession: I gave my husband a list. It wasn't a terribly long or complicated list and I told him to get two things on it at Target, the rest at Aldi. He only went to Target and came back without Clorox wipes. He said he couldn't find them. I have spray cleaner and paper towels, but I am so disappointed not to have the convenient thing while I am sick. Also, he overpaid for bread by miles. Sigh...