Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Confession: I gave my husband a list. It wasn't a terribly long or complicated list and I told him to get two things on it at Target, the rest at Aldi. He only went to Target and came back without Clorox wipes. He said he couldn't find them. I have spray cleaner and paper towels, but I am so disappointed not to have the convenient thing while I am sick. Also, he overpaid for bread by miles. Sigh...

What a brave woman! I hate sending hubby for a list. I will ask for 1 item of something perishable and he will buy 3, what is worse most of the time I am asking for 1 item of several perishable items and he will buy 3 of each, His answer is that he does not want to run out. I spend the next week being creative on how to store and use up all the perishables in the house.

Gotta love him though he is a great guy.
  • raymax4
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    I hate when people sit next to you and they have that heavy labored breathing at rest. It's like listening to someone chew.

I usually just hope they don't keel over and make me do CPR on them.
  • raymax4
    Options
    Confession: I have the flu. And because of the weird strain of flu we have going around, you don't test positive right away so I probably exposed my whole team.

Let's hope not! You will not be popular. :D

I am already not popular. It doesn't bother me. The amount of work two people will have to split to keep my job done bothers me. I like them both.
    Also, there have been at least 4 of us diagnosed. Three of them tested negative and were sent back to work with it, then tested positive two days later. I knew I had at least a cold so I wiped down the coffee pots and microwaves after I used them last week and I didn't get a fever until Friday night. It isn't supposed to be contagious without a fever. I have genuinely done my best not to make anyone else sick.

Id say you were very careful
  • raymax4
    Options
    My house flooded this morning -_- luckily the upstairs is fine but 6 inches of water downstairs and we spent the morning trying to push it out the door with brooms.
    FUN TIMES.
    I managed to eat like a semi-normal person yesterday, so trying for today too.

What a pain! did it bring in dirt and stuff? I bet you got your exercise for the day.
    glad to hear about the eating.
  • raymax4
    Options
    GUYS!!! I did this! 405 pounds! (183.7 kgs)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7BiOulfsGU

You just keep getting stronger and stronger. Amazing.
  • raymax4
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Weird confession/query.

I struggle to keep faces in my mind until I have known someone a good while. If your face is in your profile pic, I've probably got it, but otherwise I 'assign' you another face in my head. It can be someone I already know, or a celebrity. I don't like people to be faceless just because I have a crappy memory.

If I've not seen your face, I do this by default. If I have seen your face, it can take me several times to accept the real you in my mind.

Does anyone else do this?

Oddly I like to draw, and my favourite thing to draw is faces. So it's not like I'm oblivious to faces!

I am like Lois I can remember faces much more ready than names. If I talk to someone on the phone I will remember the voice and the name. OccasionallyI will meet that person and often say It is good to have a face to go with the name.

Do you some times assign certain personalities and looks to names. I have done that when I was young.
    It was surprising how wrong I could be when I met some one with that particular name.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    My husband is pretty good at grocery shopping (just as well since I was so housebound recently, he even knew which sanitary pads to get) unless it's meat as he doesn't eat it and had no understanding of it. He can manage chicken if I am VERY specific!

I haven't a clue how to service the car though, we each have our areas of expertise!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Confession: I have the flu. And because of the weird strain of flu we have going around, you don't test positive right away so I probably exposed my whole team.

Aww! Feel better!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    Confession: I gave my husband a list. It wasn't a terribly long or complicated list and I told him to get two things on it at Target, the rest at Aldi. He only went to Target and came back without Clorox wipes. He said he couldn't find them. I have spray cleaner and paper towels, but I am so disappointed not to have the convenient thing while I am sick. Also, he overpaid for bread by miles. Sigh...

What a brave woman! I hate sending hubby for a list. I will ask for 1 item of something perishable and he will buy 3, what is worse most of the time I am asking for 1 item of several perishable items and he will buy 3 of each, His answer is that he does not want to run out. I spend the next week being creative on how to store and use up all the perishables in the house.

Gotta love him though he is a great guy.

My husband is a great guy. I love him. But I hate to send him shopping. I just had to have the few things on that list because I went to urgent care instead of the store on Saturday morning. I have not left my house since I was diagnosed with flu. I will have to today because Tyler will need a ride home from school, but I won't get out of my truck then. I might go to the PO Box before I pick him up since I have no fever so far this morning, but no way was I going out into the "oh, my gosh, it's gonna snow!" crowd last night.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

My hubby wouldn't get this right, either.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Let's hope not! You will not be popular. :D

I am already not popular. It doesn't bother me. The amount of work two people will have to split to keep my job done bothers me. I like them both.
    Also, there have been at least 4 of us diagnosed. Three of them tested negative and were sent back to work with it, then tested positive two days later. I knew I had at least a cold so I wiped down the coffee pots and microwaves after I used them last week and I didn't get a fever until Friday night. It isn't supposed to be contagious without a fever. I have genuinely done my best not to make anyone else sick.

Id say you were very careful

It comes from my grandmother having cancer when I was a kid. She lived at our house during her chemo and her immune system was really compromised so my mom taught me to keep all my school germs away from her. I hate the idea of someone getting sick because of me.
  • quiksylver296
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Confession;
    I never met a person named Candi or a Tiffany. I must admit that I have a name prejudice. I always thought the girl having those names would be tall, skinny, beautiful women with empty heads.

I have now met a Tiffany. She is intelligent, short and, strong (a weight lifter). So much for stereotypes.

I know a Tiffany that totally meets your stereotype. LOL
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    Confession;
    I never met a person named Candi or a Tiffany. I must admit that I have a name prejudice. I always thought the girl having those names would be tall, skinny, beautiful women with empty heads.

I have now met a Tiffany. She is intelligent, short and, strong (a weight lifter). So much for stereotypes.

I have a cousin called Tiffany. She has a sister called Brittany, I never know which one is which because they both look so similar. One of them was a bit of an airhead, but she has grown out of it and become quite a successful person now.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Confession;

I went to school with a girl named Candy. She played bass drum in our marching band, definitely not tall or skinny. A redhead and not full of fluff. The one I know now is a farm girl through and through. She is blonde though.

I know two women named Tiffany. One manages my local Y and the other is a teacher. Both of them are really pretty, and really smart. But occasionally they ARE also full of fluff. The one at the Y actually blames her name.

ETA: just remembered that I know another Tiffany who totally doesn't meet the stereotype. She's so down to earth and normal I every way that I can't remember her name until someone else says it. Her sister Brittany is the same way. They are the daughters of my friend Eddie who passed away just before Christmas. Their mother has needed every ounce of their common sense. I am glad they have it.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Confession;

I have a cousin called Tiffany. She has a sister called Brittany, I never know which one is which because they both look so similar. One of them was a bit of an airhead, but she has grown out of it and become quite a successful person now.

This made me laugh. :lol:
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Confession: I had my first creme egg of the year already. For shame!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

For shame that creme eggs are out already. Why must everything be the next holiday all the time?! And why have they skipped Valentines to get to creme eggs?
  • raymax4
    Options

Not at all did you fit it into your calories. I for one do not like creamed eggs so I won't be competing for them.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    NSV/Confession: I went to a coffee shop with coworkers this morning and just ordered a drip coffee, instead of some frothy, creamy, calorific concoction. And I'm not even mad. :D