Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I once was so obsessed with my weight loss (back in 2012-13 when I lost 60 lbs) that it was all I could concentrate on and I skipped my exams at Uni because I couldn't even focus on school (failed all 5 classes that semester obviously)...thankfully I am over that obsession and have a healthier mindset today :neutral:

:o
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Boo to the flu! Got my free shot last year due to being preggo so hoping to avoid the particularly nasty strain going round this year. I don't think I've ever actually had a real flu, just heavy colds. I don't know, maybe I'm more awesome than I give myself credit and just didn't whinge about the flu, but I doubt it!!

Lookalike as a teenager was Wednesday Adams! Pale, straight dark hair and big eyes I guess. Helped by my goth phase and dying my hair black.

Hubby looks so much like an older Chase Elliott, it's uncanny. Double weird because I have a brother and a grandfather named Bill Elliott. It's a common name, I swear hubby and I are not related!

Kelly, in my head you look like a girl I used to know at uni.

Was the flu shot only free because you were pregnant?

Yes in my case, but it is also free to the elderly, health carers, cancer patients, people with diabetes, asthma and other long term conditions I can't remember. After what's going around this year, I'm sorry tempted to pay for the flu shot next year if it's not crazy money. It's not guaranteed to work, but it's better than nothing!

Interesting
    Here they are free to everyone, you can literally just walk into a drug store and ask for one

There are other shots though, that I have had, like for pneumonia, that was only free because I am T1D
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Did I mention it was Andrew's birthday this week? My big boy is two! He's enjoying his duplo (baby Lego) and we're making a cake tomorrow.

His language is coming on every day. We went to play group today. He spent the morning gathering all the play cutlery and shouting spoooon at everyone. We get the odd 'fork' but that sounds dodgy! Very pleased with himself.

Oh that is cute! I cannot believe he is two already! I remember when you had only just found out about him and told us!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    My New Years had a bit of a rocky start. I came down with a nasty cold NYE that turned into a flu about five days later that knocked me out for a week.

Then when I finally felt well enough to head back to the gym, I fell on the pool deck and ripped a good part of my left big toenail off the nail bed. I was told no swimming again.

The DR is worried about the bone getting infected and me losing the whole toe :scream:

I went back this week to the gym again, and am just finally getting into the groove again.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    So, I had dream last night that hubby had an affair with a coworker, fathered a child, and then brought the baby home, plopped her in my lap without comment and expected me to take care of her.

I woke up really, really angry. Which was funny, but wasn't funny because I was still angry. :D

That's happened to me before. I was upset in a dream (I think someone died) and the whole of the next day I was miserable.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Did I mention it was Andrew's birthday this week? My big boy is two! He's enjoying his duplo (baby Lego) and we're making a cake tomorrow.

His language is coming on every day. We went to play group today. He spent the morning gathering all the play cutlery and shouting spoooon at everyone. We get the odd 'fork' but that sounds dodgy! Very pleased with himself.

Two already? It’s so fun to watch them grow. My oldest used to run to the duplos and say “I’m gona make sumptn’” He is now an engineer.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    This thread is almost 3 years old!! :)

Happy birthday to Andrew!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Bahahaha exactly! From a member that I don't even think has ever come back here!
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I know! I wish she'd come back just once so we could thank her for giving us the opportunity to create so many friendships/bonds!

I know! How great would that be?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, everybody! Today is going to be great. No gym this morning, planned rest day. So I "slept in" until 4:45, a whole extra hour! Date night tonight at the local MMA fights.

I'm drinking my coffee black, no milk or creamer. I finally found a coffee I can stand to do this with. Although it has to cool a bit before I can. Piping hot = needs creamer. I don't know why. A bit cooler = can drink black. :D

I got bit by a pitbull yesterday at work. I was at someone's house to interview them in reference to a case I am working. Gorgeous blue-grey pitbull. I was petting him and he was licking my hand. I went to walk away and he jumped up and bit my right tricep area. Luckily, he wasn't serious about it apparently because he didn't even break skin. I have a couple of tooth-sized bruises. Man I would have been angry if he would have caused muscle damage. I have PRs to hit in the gym! :p
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Happy Friday, everybody! Today is going to be great. No gym this morning, planned rest day. So I "slept in" until 4:45, a whole extra hour! Date night tonight at the local MMA fights.

I'm drinking my coffee black, no milk or creamer. I finally found a coffee I can stand to do this with. Although it has to cool a bit before I can. Piping hot = needs creamer. I don't know why. A bit cooler = can drink black. :D

I got bit by a pitbull yesterday at work. I was at someone's house to interview them in reference to a case I am working. Gorgeous blue-grey pitbull. I was petting him and he was licking my hand. I went to walk away and he jumped up and bit my right tricep area. Luckily, he wasn't serious about it apparently because he didn't even break skin. I have a couple of tooth-sized bruises. Man I would have been angry if he would have caused muscle damage. I have PRs to hit in the gym! :p

Yikes! Good job he didn't break the skin. I bet the owners were mortified! (I would be) I guess he didn't want you to leave.

Also, a good coffee should always be black.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options

He wasn't done playing with you!! Glad it was just a nip. Have a great night!
    I need to try to find a coffee I can drink black. I do use sweetner, not sugar and sugar free creamer, but trying to get away from those.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

Yikes! Good job he didn't break the skin. I bet the owners were mortified! (I would be) I guess he didn't want you to leave.

They weren't actually, which irritated me more than the dog biting me. Didn't even acknowledge it.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »

He wasn't done playing with you!! Glad it was just a nip. Have a great night!
    I need to try to find a coffee I can drink black. I do use sweetner, not sugar and sugar free creamer, but trying to get away from those.

This is what I found. I put it on automatic delivery in my Prime Pantry now! It's a bit more expensive, but if I don't have to buy creamer it should even out, right?

k7vob46evkz2.png
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

I thought the same thing.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

They weren't actually, which irritated me more than the dog biting me. Didn't even acknowledge it.

:confused: Had that been one of my dogs, Otis is notorious for going after people, I would have just been all over myself apologizing. I don't understand people.