Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Woah, flashback to 2015! :o

Good 'ole 2015!

It's one of the best things about this thread. "oh, yeah, u remember that..."

YES!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    I managed to put away the San Diego suitcases last night! Only eight days after we got back. I think this is a new record! Christmas decorations are still up though. That's next.

That is impressive. I've been known to leave a suitcase unpacked for a month or more. The first year I had my own apartment I decorated for Halloween. A year later I took down the decorations. I just decorated again.

:D

That's awesome!

Does anyone leave their Christmas lights up year round?

I do not decorate at all, ever, for anything, and I love it :tongue:
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    I managed to put away the San Diego suitcases last night! Only eight days after we got back. I think this is a new record! Christmas decorations are still up though. That's next.

That is impressive. I've been known to leave a suitcase unpacked for a month or more. The first year I had my own apartment I decorated for Halloween. A year later I took down the decorations. I just decorated again.

That's awesome!

There is one set of lights we decided to keep up year round. Just multi-coloured fairy lights.
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

That's awesome!

There is one set of lights we decided to keep up year round. Just multi-coloured fairy lights.

I have neighbors who leave white lights all year. I would bet today they add the red for Valentines Day. Then they add Green for St. Patrick. Then yellow and orange for Cinco de Mayo. Then red and blue for the whole summer (Memorial, Flag, Independence and Labor Days) then orange and purple for Halloween, then only orange for Thanksgiving. Then all the colors for Christmas.
  • melissafeagins
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Here among friends I will say that I don't believe That's Not Fair Girl didn't know that was my soup mug. I have let her use it too many times for that. I even let her use it yesterday, but made it known and understood that I want it back. And said so in front of other people. I do believe that she talked herself into believing that I did not want it anymore because she's like that.
    She's the person whose house got foreclosed because she buys purses and toys for her grandkids instead of paying the mortgage, who complains about her diabetic neuropathy while eating more carbs in a meal than she should have in day and who complained when I got a promotion because she's been here longer. I work 4x as hard as she does, but it's not fair that she did not get my job. I want to like her, but she makes it very very hard.

She probably thought I would just go buy another mug, but Tamara gave me that one. I may go buy her one of her own, but she's not keeping that one.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Ugh I hope I am not coming down with anything. I have felt a pressure in my head for half of the day.

Tonight I was going to eat a pizza but ended up just eating some cheesy crackers I bought at Aldis & a whole bag of rice cakes (fit into my overall calories for the week) & some Aldis knockoff Laughing Cow cheese wedges. I have to recommend these since they're only 25 calories & probably cheaper than buying Laughing Cow.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I've had a poorly baby all day who's just wanted to be cuddled and sleep in my arms. Very unlike her! And as I sit in the dark in the kids' room, it sounds like Andrew is coming down with it too. At least it's not an office day tomorrow!
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I've had a poorly baby all day who's just wanted to be cuddled and sleep in my arms. Very unlike her! And as I sit in the dark in the kids' room, it sounds like Andrew is coming down with it too. At least it's not an office day tomorrow!

Awww poor kiddies! I hope they are both ok in the morning.
  • melissafeagins
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Ugh I hope I am not coming down with anything. I have felt a pressure in my head for half of the day.

Tonight I was going to eat a pizza but ended up just eating some cheesy crackers I bought at Aldis & a whole bag of rice cakes (fit into my overall calories for the week) & some Aldis knockoff Laughing Cow cheese wedges. I have to recommend these since they're only 25 calories & probably cheaper than buying Laughing Cow.

Zinc up!!!

ETA: I like the Aldi brand cheese wedges better than laughing cow. They seem creamier to me.
  • melissafeagins
    Options

Feel better, kiddos.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    That cake is beautiful and your parents look lovely too!
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    That cake is beautiful and your parents look lovely too!

Ditto
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    Confession:

I forgot to order the cake... I went to the local grocery and asked if they would add yellow roses to the stock vanilla. She smoothed the frosting and DID THAT and didn’t charge extra. I tipped her $10.

Wow that was really nice of her! The cake looks beautiful, she did a great job! And you did a great job, they look like they enjoyed themselves.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Confession:

I forgot to order the cake... I went to the local grocery and asked if they would add yellow roses to the stock vanilla. She smoothed the frosting and DID THAT and didn’t charge extra. I tipped her $10.

That cake is gorgeous & congrats to your parents on 50 years of marriage.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Confession:

Wow nice!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Confession:

It was lovely and I'm sure your parents appreciated it so much. 50 is impressive!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Andrew! did catch it and now I've got it. It seems to be a short lived but fierce cold. I have an unreal pressure in my head! Poor Andrew didn't eat a bite of his tea despite it being his birthday tea at Grandma's. The child must have felt terrible to turn down cake. Ellie is over the worst of it so hopefully he will be tomorrow and I will be by Tuesday (when I'm at work).

Bummer! Feeling better! To all of you!