Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Kiyomoo wrote: »
    I tell myself that celebrities I like would find me disgusting if I eat that cookie or drink that shake.

There's nothing disgusting about food (unless you put it in the bin and douse it in washing liquid 😉) and certainly you are not disgusting for eating something, but I guess if you feel it helps you that's your call. No judgement, I just don't like to see folk be mean to themselves. Good luck to you.

Anne-Marie, I almost spit out my coffee. 😂😂😂😂
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    When I was doing Medifast, I was so hungry that I would lick the blade on my Ninja blender in order to get ALL of the shake. Yes, I risked severing my tongue to satisfy my hunger and I still didn't realize that it was a bad diet plan.....
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    When I was doing Medifast, I was so hungry that I would lick the blade on my Ninja blender in order to get ALL of the shake. Yes, I risked severing my tongue to satisfy my hunger and I still didn't realize that it was a bad diet plan.....

This made me :laugh:. Sorry.
  • melissafeagins
    Options

You win. That Is a bad diet plan.
  • quiksylver296
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Happy Fri-YAY!!!

I confess: I ate ice cream, chocolate and peanut butter for dinner last night. And I didn't log it. New low on the scale this morning. ;)
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options

Well done, that is a proper confessions thread post! The important thing is you realised eventually, and at least you didn't cut off your tongue!
  • spamarie
    Options
    I'm officially back up to my starting mfp weight from October 2014. What a bummer.

I don't actually feel too bad about it. In that time I've created two children, put on 54lbs first time, lost it all, then put on 40lbs and lost all but 15lbs of it. I've found it much harder to lose second time around, and in fact have put on 5lbs in the past couple of months since quitting breastfeeding. I don't want it to keep creeping (I cannot afford new clothes!) so I'm going to try logging for a bit.

I know what to do, I've done it before, just never with two small people around who take up all my time! If I could lose 10lbs over the next 3-4 months I'd be content with that. It's not crazy ambitious but hopefully it's doable.
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    I'm officially back up to my starting mfp weight from October 2014. What a bummer.

I don't actually feel too bad about it. In that time I've created two children, put on 54lbs first time, lost it all, then put on 40lbs and lost all but 15lbs of it. I've found it much harder to lose second time around, and in fact have put on 5lbs in the past couple of months since quitting breastfeeding. I don't want it to keep creeping (I cannot afford new clothes!) so I'm going to try logging for a bit.

I know what to do, I've done it before, just never with two small people around who take up all my time! If I could lose 10lbs over the next 3-4 months I'd be content with that. It's not crazy ambitious but hopefully it's doable.

It's doable. It's harder at Ellie's age because she really does require eyes on care to keep her out of danger from electrical outlets and all of the things to climb on and "if Andrew can do it, I can do it" attitude.

Anything I can do, you can do. And I did that. My real weight problem came with having Tyler immediately followed by the drastically life changing onset of autoimmune disease. :)
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    You totally can do it, Spammy.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    So I had a successful garage sale. Now that it isn't taking up the rest of my mental energy normally dedicated to working out, I suppose it's time to get back to trying to work out. Day 1 of garage sale was one of my most active days in a long time though! 16K Steps, and 34 flights of stairs according to my fit bit. Which I can believe. I spent the WHOLE day running box after box of crap up from the basement. As soon as an empty space would clear up I had it filled. I could probably purge my house AGAIN and have enough to have another. :lol: BUT at this point the basement no longer looks like an episode of Hoarders, and I cleared my storage unit out, so I'm pretty happy with that. Feels like a load of (of junk) has lifted off my shoulders. :tongue:
  • spamarie
    Options
    I don't like the word lazy as it is usually masking something deeper. Motivation is a difficult thing when you're down on yourself. How are you feeling in general @MoHousdon ?
  • melissafeagins
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Confession: I made a 3 yo cry today at Vacation Bible School and I am not sorry.

I would not allow him to play with the blocks before it was his turn and wouldn't allow him to push another 3 yo who was quietly waiting for his turn to play.

I try to be fun, but there are limits. I cannot allow any kid to do whatever they want to do whenever they want to do it in a room of 20 of kids. Someone would get hurt. This child actually had tears rolling down his face for five minutes because I made the rules stick.

ETA: I was totally judging his parents for not teaching him how to behave well around other kids.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    I don't like the word lazy as it is usually masking something deeper. Motivation is a difficult thing when you're down on yourself. How are you feeling in general @MoHousdon ?

In a word...lonely.
  • spamarie
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »

In a word...lonely.

That makes more sense. I don't really have any solutions, I'm assuming Mike stills works away a lot? Are there any real life groups you could join doing something you enjoy? The pot is calling the kettle black here, I've been meaning to join a dance class for MONTHS.
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    I am so sorry, Mo!! Prayers up for you.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Confession: I made a 3 yo cry today at Vacation Bible School and I am not sorry.

I would not allow him to play with the blocks before it was his turn and wouldn't allow him to push another 3 yo who was quietly waiting for his turn to play.

I try to be fun, but there are limits. I cannot allow any kid to do whatever they want to do whenever they want to do it in a room of 20 of kids. Someone would get hurt. This child actually had tears rolling down his face for five minutes because I made the rules stick.

ETA: I was totally judging his parents for not teaching him how to behave well around other kids.

Thank you Mel. That kid will thank you for it later.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »

In a word...lonely.

Is Mike still working away mostly?
  • spamarie
    Options

I rarely judge these days just cos I know we discipline the kids and I do my best but Andrew is an epic threenager and throws a great public tantrum! I'm just glad he's not a fighter! That being said, nobody from nursery or preschool has ever mentioned bad behaviour to me, so here's hoping it's a normal level for his age!