Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Hang in there!! You know what you need to do. Just get that training in before the backpacking trip! Worry about the weight after. Enjoy that trip!
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Hang in there!! You know what you need to do. Just get that training in before the backpacking trip! Worry about the weight after. Enjoy that trip!

Getting in the training will help with the weight. #VoiceOfExperience
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Rant-fession: (Rant + confession)
    2 months to go before summer vacation. And I'm having a hard time gathering my give-a-craps to try and slim down a bit more before hand. 4 months to go to train for a backpacking trip- and I'm feeling very "meh" about getting ready for it. Even though I know if I don't put in some stair master time I will have a very miserable backpacking trip. Ugh. Heck, I even have the added motivation of possibly getting off my birth control next year or so to lose that last 10 lbs. And yet- I can't be bothered with it. I've even been having some pretty strong cravings that basically wash out any deficit I create with food alone. I'm at a plateau, folks. I know what I need to do to bust it. And I will...tomorrow. :lol: This last month I've been trying to get ready for a huge garage sale I've got coming in two weeks. Last month was building scrap books for my cousin and friends babies, and getting ready for my friend's baby shower I hosted.... Maybe that's where all my motivational energy is going. But man I've gotta get it together.

I know what you mean about lack of motivation, I found mine when I asked the doc about going back on the pill and got a bit of a lecture about my weight and being on the pill and the increased risk of blood clots, and my blood pressure is high. She gave me a months worth and I have to go back, if it hasn’t improved, I have to look at other options.

So I got on the bike when I got home and I’ve been good for 2 whole days now :lol:

Docs are good for that, if you get one who believes what you say and isn't afraid to tell it to you straight.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    2 months to go before summer vacation. And I'm having a hard time gathering my give-a-craps to try and slim down a bit more before hand. 4 months to go to train for a backpacking trip- and I'm feeling very "meh" about getting ready for it. Even though I know if I don't put in some stair master time I will have a very miserable backpacking trip. Ugh. Heck, I even have the added motivation of possibly getting off my birth control next year or so to lose that last 10 lbs. And yet- I can't be bothered with it. I've even been having some pretty strong cravings that basically wash out any deficit I create with food alone. I'm at a plateau, folks. I know what I need to do to bust it. And I will...tomorrow. :lol: This last month I've been trying to get ready for a huge garage sale I've got coming in two weeks. Last month was building scrap books for my cousin and friends babies, and getting ready for my friend's baby shower I hosted.... Maybe that's where all my motivational energy is going. But man I've gotta get it together.

I know what you mean about lack of motivation, I found mine when I asked the doc about going back on the pill and got a bit of a lecture about my weight and being on the pill and the increased risk of blood clots, and my blood pressure is high. She gave me a months worth and I have to go back, if it hasn’t improved, I have to look at other options.

So I got on the bike when I got home and I’ve been good for 2 whole days now :lol:

Lectures from the doc are a great motivator, lol! After I have this garage sale licked I will probably feel less stressed & more able to focus on fitness. Right now I feel like my evenings are a pick three event: Cook dinner, clean after dinner, gather & price garage sale, work out. Maybe I'll try to squeeze in a couple hours over the weekend just to say I did. Although, I suppose moving boxes of stuff is a workout in itself. Maybe I can just do a squat or lunge for every item I pick up. :lol: I have a better mindset today though. I actually gathered a protein rich breakfast this morning, so maybe the munchies will be kept at bay.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options

Lectures from the doc are a great motivator, lol! After I have this garage sale licked I will probably feel less stressed & more able to focus on fitness. Right now I feel like my evenings are a pick three event: Cook dinner, clean after dinner, gather & price garage sale, work out. Maybe I'll try to squeeze in a couple hours over the weekend just to say I did. Although, I suppose moving boxes of stuff is a workout in itself. Maybe I can just do a squat or lunge for every item I pick up. :lol: I have a better mindset today though. I actually gathered a protein rich breakfast this morning, so maybe the munchies will be kept at bay.

I’m glad you are feeling better! I would count moving boxes! I picked up a shoe storage cabinet from Ikea last weekend and I carried it to check out and then to the car parked at the back of the car park. I ached like **** the next day.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options

Firstly, rant-fession is an excellent word! Secondly, right there with you. I know if I lost about ten pounds I'd feel much better just because suddenly my clothing options would be much wider and it's not far off my comfortable weight, but can I motivate myself to do anything about it? Can I 'eck?! (Imagine that last bit in a Yorkshire accent.) How long can I keep calling it baby weight - she's 18 months!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Watching Eurovision because that's the law in this house and LOVING the ballerina dancing during the French song. I've always believed dance is for every kind of body, and that girl can fouetté spin better than I've ever managed so she gets my vote.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Is everyone going as gaga over the new royal baby as the press is over here? The baby looks adorable from the pictures they're released.

It's sad that the press keeps trying to make a feud out of Meghan & Kate. Who cares if they don't always get along no one does all the time.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    And just like that I'm down the YouTube worm hole. :D

It's easy to get sucked into Youtube. I mostly follow people who make instrumental/karaoke tracks (guitar, piano, saxophone) since I find when I'm in a bad mood singing helps me de-stress the most.

I also like to watch food reviews from time to time, the prank videos people make getting back at the scammers, & other than that just general music videos from back in the day.

Have you ever seen the 'call in sick to places you don't work videos? I love those ones.

Hey Kelly - you still watch Superstore? The end of the finale killed me!

So did Sheldon't speech on Big Bang finale! I watched it three times and teared up every single time!! And the end of the Young Sheldon finale brought everything together nicely!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Those look funny. I need to watch them when I have sound later.

I have a confession to make. I am a total cake (and frosting) snob. And I blame my mother! Baking cakes is her talent. She can make the best cake & frosting from scratch. If anyone in the family needs cake, you can bet she'll be the one to make it. It will be beautiful(mostly) and taste amazing(always). Things like chocolate Guinness cake with ganache frosting, and an old carrot cake recipe (with home made cream cheese frosting) passed down through the generations are staples. There isn't a cake that woman can't bake. She even made my wedding cake.

We had a pot luck at work today, in which someone brought cake. I wasn't really considering cake, but one of my coworkers had been cooing and going on about "Tonya's cake" all morning. "OMG you HAVE to have a piece it's SOOO good!". So I'm thinking "OK, I'll sacrifice my yum points on some cake if it's as good as you say"
    It was just a basic sheet cake, with white frosting. Cool, they don't have to be pretty to taste amazing! Took my first bite- this cake, the one that had my coworker so excited was nothing more than cake from boxed mix and canned frosting. :disappointed: I wasted my yum points on basic, run of the mill chocolate Duncan Hines, with basic canned Pillsbury vanilla frosting. Le Sigh. :lol:

I think I need to go pay my mom some love, and complain about people with low cake standards. :tongue:

Ha ha that’s funny, the cake my man-child made me for my birthday with make you curl up in horror
    sz30j3dqg6tx.jpeg

Tasted great and he made me a friggin cake from scratch so I love it :lol:

Edit to say it’s supposed to be a Victoria Sponge cake, but he made too much butter icing so he covered it and caught the jam and just kinda spread it all over.

So sweet though and it tasted great, who cares what it looks like!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I’m free from my coil! Huzzah! God I hope I don’t get cramps anymore, they were horrible!

Oh I hope it helps!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

It's easy to get sucked into Youtube. I mostly follow people who make instrumental/karaoke tracks (guitar, piano, saxophone) since I find when I'm in a bad mood singing helps me de-stress the most.

I also like to watch food reviews from time to time, the prank videos people make getting back at the scammers, & other than that just general music videos from back in the day.

Have you ever seen the 'call in sick to places you don't work videos? I love those ones.

So did Sheldon't speech on Big Bang finale! I watched it three times and teared up every single time!! And the end of the Young Sheldon finale brought everything together nicely!

I haven't watched it in awhile, but I should do a binge watch if it's on Netflix.

There was a prank video on Youtube of a lady who walked into Walmart pretending to be a CEO & firing people.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I spent the last two weeks so sick I was totally miserable.
    I went to bed fine on the Friday night....woke up Saturday burning up with fever, racing heart, unable to catch my breath. Spend 10 hours in the ER...said it was flu, started me on tamiflu that night. I was so sick all weekend, could not even eat or hardly drink...

Wake up Monday morning with stomach flu! It was awful.....my son had the stomach flu the week before, but ER docs told him it was food poisoning....

That knocked me out for an entire week.

I get brave the next Friday, and go outside my house. Go for lunch, run some errands, go to the gym.

Wake up Saturday morning with a head cold.
    By Sunday night, the pressure on the tube that connects my ear to my sinuses was so bad I could not hear at all, and my head felt like it was swollen to about 10 times its size!

Finally feel like I am getting over it....I plan to resume swimming Tuesday (Monday is a holiday and gym is closed)....in the last six months, I have not been able to exercise regularly and its driving me slowly insane.
    As it is, at this point I am only allowed to swim and not weight lift and my appointment for the second opinion on that is not until July.

I usually get one bad cold a season, or maybe even every other year. Since winter started, I have had six head colds, influenza, stomach flu and a messed up ear. Not to mention all the cardiac *kitten* that I have been dealing with and the near constant total exercise ban.

I swear, if I get sick one more time this year, I am going to have a full blown temper tantrum like a tired three year old.......

I even lost my log in streak and was way too sick most of the time to even look at a screen for more than a couple minutes at a time....

Hoping no more sickness comes to you for quite some time! Sending hugs your way.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

I haven't watched it in awhile, but I should do a binge watch if it's on Netflix.

There was a prank video on Youtube of a lady who walked into Walmart pretending to be a CEO & firing people.

That idiot got in a lot of crap for that stunt!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

I'm glad she did. Making that one lady cry & then still adding it into the video is awful. From what I know she got trespassed from Walmart.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Not sure if anyone watches Idol anymore I caught a few parts of the finale & it got me thinking about what was my favorite performances from past seasons.

I have to say this will always be one of my favorites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55tXGnIZ4LA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoG7dYb_m-A

Adam needs to go back to this look & ditch the Dave Navarro hair lol.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

I'm glad she did. Making that one lady cry & then still adding it into the video is awful. From what I know she got trespassed from Walmart.

Ditto!