Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    dearmrsowl wrote: »
    Confession: No idea who Ron Swanson is.

This makes me sad, @quiksylver296

I know, @MoHousdon . I thought we were complete twinsies. My excuse is that I don't watch much TV.

I don't either, but Parks & Rec was one of my favorites. I'm sad it's over and I will rewatch all episodes on Netflix and cry all over again.

I felt embarrassed about crying as much as I did when Leslie and Ben got married.

I never, and I mean NEVER, apologize for how emotionally involved I get with fictitious characters. I bawled like an infant when Parenthood ended. My husband was concerned. I can't help it. I feel like I personally know these people and I'm personally invested in EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEIR LIVES.

Oh gosh. I was a wreck for days after that finale. I cried like a baby too... and so sad that it was over. Never felt that strongly about a TV show either.

But I'm the same way when I finish books. I finished my last one almost 3 weeks ago and still can't pick up another one, as I still have those characters in my mind (it's the third of fourth though, but the next one won't be out for over a year). That's why I don't read that much... I need to emotionally recover between each book, lol (well, the ones I really love).

My confession - it's KILLING me not to know the menu for Easter. I know I'm probably end up eating at maintenance this week because of it (I have a deficit of 1200 so far at least), but still... I want to know. And dessert. I'm dying to know what we're having for dessert, and I hope I figure it out before dinner so I know how much room to save for it... I know, I have issues.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    My willpower has been crap lately, so I'm trying to right the ship. The rest of my family is having pizza for dinner and I'm having something else. I did have a piece of cheezy bread, though.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Confession #1 I wanted to go to bed an hour ago but couldn't because I wanted to finish reading all the comments in this thread.
    Confession #2 When I get paid next week I will spend way too much on that White Chocolate Peanut Butter due to me living in Germany and having to order it online. Even though I don't know what it tastes like I'm craving it.
    Confession #3 I'm afraid to jump in on this thread because this is my first post ever on MFP and an English speaking community.

I've stayed up later than I intended because of this thread.

You're in good company, I'll also be spending way too much to get a jar of that stuff. I've had white chocolate Reese's PB cups and LOVE them, I'm sure I'll love White Chocolate Wonderful too. Oh, and I'll be getting pumpkin Pop Tarts as well, which just compounds the madness.

Welcome to the warmest, fuzziest, most therapeutic thread on MFP!
  • dearmrsowl
    dearmrsowl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @dearmrsowl -your English is great! Probably a lot better than some where English is their first language :neutral:

Thank you (: I can totally relate to all the confessions early in this thread about the massive amount of grammar/spelling mistakes you find in some posts like too/to because it makes me cringe when I see those. I have to admit though that my spoken English is a lot better than my written English and most of the time I prefer to speak English over German. I guess that's the reason why I'm only reading the English posts on MFP. All my months abroad and being an English major made me love the language. I guess with this comes another confession: I feel more confident when I speak English probably because when I do make mistakes or say something stupid I can always blame it on the fact that it isn't my first language.
  • fitnisinis
    fitnisinis Posts: 6 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

thats not the craziest thing ive heard. When my mom was training for a competition she started sneaking baby food as her sweet cheat.

and I have a popcorn problem if i buy a bag I have the most difficult time portioning it out and have even woke up in the middle of the night to find myself eating it in my sleep. I no longer leave snacks in my room overnight.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options

I know, @MoHousdon . I thought we were complete twinsies. My excuse is that I don't watch much TV.

I don't either, but Parks & Rec was one of my favorites. I'm sad it's over and I will rewatch all episodes on Netflix and cry all over again.

I felt embarrassed about crying as much as I did when Leslie and Ben got married.

I never, and I mean NEVER, apologize for how emotionally involved I get with fictitious characters. I bawled like an infant when Parenthood ended. My husband was concerned. I can't help it. I feel like I personally know these people and I'm personally invested in EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEIR LIVES.

Yes. I cry at TV and books all the time haha.
    Parks and Rec SPOILER*******

When Bill Murray guest starred as the mayor, I almost burst into tears because he looks so old. If we find a way to make people immortal, I want to start with Bill Murray.

• dearmrsowl
    dearmrsowl Posts: 151 Member
    Options

When Bill Murray guest starred as the mayor, I almost burst into tears because he looks so old. If we find a way to make people immortal, I want to start with Bill Murray.

Oh boy how much did I cry when I watched this, some happy and some sad tears. https://youtube.com/watch?v=0ZQQfkJ7hZY
  • losingles
    losingles Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    losingles wrote: »
    I also do not have any idea what Minecraft is, I have never played CandyCrush or any of those other games, I am paranoid about putting apps on my phone, and I do not have a Facebook page. Joining MFP was a big deal for me. I am a technological dinosaur.

Minecraft is originally a computer game, now they have it for consoles, and a stripped down version for mobile. The computer version can be modded to do just about anything. It's a giant sandbox where you can go wherever you want, do whatever you want, build whatever you want. My son and his friends all play on servers that have minigames built on them. All of us, along with other family and friends around the world, sometimes play together on a server set up with huge modpack. That lets the ones who like to do crafting focus on growing and cooking all different kinds of food and building different things, the ones who like elaborate builds can make giant computers that build things for them and power them with manually built and maintained nuclear reactors, and the ones who just like to build giant, neat looking houses have tons of options to build with.

This was done in Minecraft:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qja096wW-bw

Wow! Thanks for enlightening me. I understand why my little nephew loves it so much. ☺
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Quote removed

I am you, I am going to be 26 this year. My cholesterol is all screwy, I have PCOS (yay hormones) and all my doctors basically told me losing weight will fix everything.

I had HUGE amounts of support in the beginning, enough to jump start my progress and keep my afloat, though sometimes I still binge on stuff.

We can do it! We have to!

My confession: I ate half a can of Grab N Go Pringles that had been sitting on the break room table since yesterday... I feel no shame.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options

Oh boy how much did I cry when I watched this, some happy and some sad tears. https://youtube.com/watch?v=0ZQQfkJ7hZY

Oh my gosh. I had somehow not seen that, and I couldn't stop laughing at Aubrey and Jim long enough to feel sad. So funny. I will miss them. <3
  • JulieAnneFIU
    JulieAnneFIU Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    My husband told me he thinks I'm so hot I could gain twenty pounds and he would still want me. He also said if I want a tummy tuck he will get me one. I feel like I need to put out more.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    My husband told me he thinks I'm so hot I could gain twenty pounds and he would still want me. He also said if I want a tummy tuck he will get me one. I feel like I need to put out more.

You certainly have a keeper, there! :P
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Confession: I suspect I might have a mild case of agoraphobia. It is miserable trying to go to the grocery store when it is packed with people. Panic sneaks up on me, and it's the worst when I get in line with people in front and behind me. I feel like I don't have anywhere to go, and I've had a panic attack in class (and passed out) before and it was embarrassing enough for me to fear having another one out in public!

Before I moved here I lived in a city and I would literally go grocery shopping at three in the morning to avoid other people. Unfortunately, I now live in an area where they roll up the sidewalks at six in the evening so I'm forced to make due with less people at seven in the morning. The grocery store here seems to the town gathering place so it is never empty.

• qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    I have never seen a single episode of Sex in the City, Friends or Seinfeld.

I feel as though I've just experienced a remarkable moment of wonder, in learning that there is a wondrous soul out there who has experienced something I previously hadn't imagined... in not being able to 'unsee' what I've viewed, I cannot fathom what it would be like not to know of the various shenanigans each of those show's respective characters have become known for, let alone not being able to imagine what it would be like not to have experienced the hours of giggled-like-a-kid laughter I enjoyed in watching Seinfeld during its original broadcasts, and subsequently involve various moments in modern-day life being peppered with occasional Seinfeld references, and 'lingo'...

...then again... there are so many popular shows that I haven't seen a moment of, but which many others have, and results in -- upon their discovery of my unicornian-esque viewing 'abstinence' -- various others seeming utterly flabbergasted that anyone could somehow function as a member of modern society without having invested hours in some show which they deem to be 'essential' viewing... ;)

xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Today I walked into a conversation between 2 of our upper-level managers. They were discussing Ted Cruz and how great they think he is. Eric asked what I thought. (umm...MISTAKE)

I poured a cup of coffee & said "He looks like he should be sitting in an ice cream truck and staking out an elementary school" and walked out.

I am relieved to report that I was not ingesting any liquids when I read this, what with the laughter-triggered 'spew-fest' that would have resulted, and the potential associated nontrivial consequence to computing equipment 'in the line of fire'... ;)
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I didn't workout yesterday or today :( but will be hitting it hard tomorrow!
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    Confession: I suspect I might have a mild case of agoraphobia. It is miserable trying to go to the grocery store when it is packed with people. Panic sneaks up on me, and it's the worst when I get in line with people in front and behind me. I feel like I don't have anywhere to go, and I've had a panic attack in class (and passed out) before and it was embarrassing enough for me to fear having another one out in public!

Before I moved here I lived in a city and I would literally go grocery shopping at three in the morning to avoid other people. Unfortunately, I now live in an area where they roll up the sidewalks at six in the evening so I'm forced to make due with less people at seven in the morning. The grocery store here seems to the town gathering place so it is never empty.
    Yeah, I try to go during times where most people are at work. Today a lot of people were off work and I forgot! :(

Confession: I had so much sugar today... and I'm not gonna lie, I feel really sick. I'm going to make it my goal to stay in the green for sugar tomorrow. That seems to be my biggest issue. Blegh.
  • ilovemypeekapug
    ilovemypeekapug Posts: 106 Member
    Options

I am the office manager for a Redi-Mix cement plant and I wear jeans and a bunnyhug to work every day. It is very dusty and someone is always managing to get grease everywhere, so I am not going to wear nice clothes, just to get them ruined. [/quote]

Confession #1: I don't know what a bunnyhug is. :)
    Confession #2: I had Easy Cheese ( can of cheese you squirt out ) and potato chips for lunch today.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I just ate four triple chocolate chips deluxe Keebler cookies instead of two because I put them in a ziploc bag and they all wouldn't fit. Then I ate double chocolate cookie dough. Totally ruined my whole day of good eating.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

I am STILL upset that Parenthood is over! I didn't cry at the finale though.

On a semi related note, I will not watch a show casually. I will go back and watch something from the beginning online to catch up to something I want to start watching, but I will never ever just watch a random episode of something. Either from the pilot or not at all!
  • InCHarmsWay
    InCHarmsWay Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I had about 500 calories left for dinner tonight. I proceeded to drink 3 IPAs, shared some baked brie, ate fish and chips, and then shared some bread pudding. I'm in pain.