Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »

I have no words. I only read page 1. She actually had her 13 year old BIL taste. Nope. Can't.

And she has 1200+ posts. Anyone else wonder what those have been about?! Or, maybe we don't want to know.

I'm going to hazard a guess that they've been in Chit Chat section.

I would imagine you are correct! Love the new doggie photo!

Thanks! She just turned 3 on Monday :)
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Also, can someone tell me the correct spelling: is it donut or doughnut? Or are both acceptable?

I think the original "proper" spelling was doughnut, and donut has just become popular through common usage. And I base this entirely on the fact that my very proper parents spelled it doughnut.
    I confess that I am irritated by an individual in another thread that thinks it's disgusting when women swear. I asked this individual to explain why, because obviously I need some educating on how to act f****** ladylike.

As soon as people tell me a woman "shouldn't" do something I immediately want to run out and do it.

Same here. I get overly pissy when people throw out comments like "women should have curves" and "real women have boobs" etc.

My SO is fond of saying that boobs are what make a female a woman (despite not being a "boob guy"). As a woman who is rather underendowed in the boob department, I immediately jump on this and counter, "So if I end up losing my breasts to cancer I'd no longer be a woman??" I'm a tad defensive when it comes to proclamations about body parts that are supposedly required for femininity, since I'm already down one uterus.

And don't get me started on allegedly appropriate behaviours.... >:)
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

I have no words. I only read page 1. She actually had her 13 year old BIL taste. Nope. Can't.

I'm really hoping she was just trolling, but as a mother of an almost 2 year old, I can confirm that there really are moms just as crazy as her out there. I generally avoid mom groups because of the high level of insanity.

That new profile picture IS SO CUTE. And I don't even like dogs! ;)
  • KaidensMom13
    KaidensMom13 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I ALWAYS leave enough calories for a York Peppermint Patty or some form of sweets every night. I refuse to let that go!!!
  • ddrhellbunny
    ddrhellbunny Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I confess that I am irritated by an individual in another thread that thinks it's disgusting when women swear. I asked this individual to explain why, because obviously I need some educating on how to act f****** ladylike.

As soon as people tell me a woman "shouldn't" do something I immediately want to run out and do it.

Hah, I'm pretty much like that with everything.

Don't tell me what to do or else I'll do the opposite!

Besides, swearing is the ultimate ladylike behavior, because, F**K ME right?? hahaha

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    So jealous. I've never even HEARD of these flavors. The ones we can buy here in Saudi Arabia are: Unfrosted Strawberry, Unfrosted Blueberry, The End. :'(
    Dang, that sucks. I got so sick of unfrosted strawberry growing up.

It really does! I don't even like the unfrosted strawberry. -_-
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

Agree 100%. I'm a woman working in a "man's" field (Engineering).
    I can do anything a man can do, only better. That includes swearing and drinking beer.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options

I can do anything a man can do, only better. That includes swearing and drinking beer.

I think it's awesome you are an engineer! I think I remember you saying that you were a young, single mom as well. You definitely can do anything :)
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    So, I went to make a salad for lunch, but apparently my dear mother used up the rest of my ranch dressing the other day while she was babysitting (Grr). I tried to make my own little vinaigrette, but it was gross, so now my lunch is half of a leftover cream of mushroom pork chop and three caramel apple oreos that mom left here yesterday. I think a trip to the store is in order in a little while....MUST. HAVE. RANCH! :lol:
    Update: Kiddo came into the kitchen asking for a cheese sandwich, so obviously she didn't want a nap after all...

I've never bought salad dressing in my life. I just use 2/3 red wine vinegar and 1/3 olive oil (although it's meant to be the other way around I find that too greasy).

This is one of my favorites too (same proportions). I also like just balsamic and red wine vinegar plus spicy mustard or dijon if I want to save calories for the cheese and olives on the salad!

I waiver back and forth between store-bought and making my own CONSTANTLY. Sometimes I just don't feel like putting in the work to measure AND stir. ;)

The 20oz Blender Bottles are nice for this! They have measurements on the side and you can mix and transport all in one.

Love my 20oz BB, I'm going to upgrade to the 32oz soon!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

I think it's awesome you are an engineer! I think I remember you saying that you were a young, single mom as well. You definitely can do anything :)

Definitely! I had my kids at 19 and 20, then got divorced and finished my engineering degree as a single mother of 2 babies.

I'm all about empowering women. We are strong. We are invincible. :)
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    So, I went to make a salad for lunch, but apparently my dear mother used up the rest of my ranch dressing the other day while she was babysitting (Grr). I tried to make my own little vinaigrette, but it was gross, so now my lunch is half of a leftover cream of mushroom pork chop and three caramel apple oreos that mom left here yesterday. I think a trip to the store is in order in a little while....MUST. HAVE. RANCH! :lol:
    Update: Kiddo came into the kitchen asking for a cheese sandwich, so obviously she didn't want a nap after all...

I've never bought salad dressing in my life. I just use 2/3 red wine vinegar and 1/3 olive oil (although it's meant to be the other way around I find that too greasy). Plus a little salt and pepper if you feel the need, dijon mustard is nice too. Love me some french dressing!

My dressings now are just red wine vinegar and Dijon mustard. Realized the oil made no difference whatsoever so I'll save the calories!

Going to assume she's trolling because if not I fear for the future of humanity if people like that keep reproducing.

Too late in her case. Not sure how many kids she already has, but she did say this "may" be their last baby. Oh dear lord. Those poor children. Wonder if the father is sane? Doesn't sound like the MIL or BIL are, however.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    That thread about breast milk is hilarious. The scary thing is there are people who actually slip their bodily fluids into things. Back in my hometown there was a mom who used to make baked goods for her child to bring to class. A teacher asked her to give the recipe because they were so good, and the woman wrote down the recipe, which included A CUP OF BREAST MILK. :fearful:
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    Options

I've never bought salad dressing in my life. I just use 2/3 red wine vinegar and 1/3 olive oil (although it's meant to be the other way around I find that too greasy). Plus a little salt and pepper if you feel the need, dijon mustard is nice too. Love me some french dressing!

My dressings now are just red wine vinegar and Dijon mustard. Realized the oil made no difference whatsoever so I'll save the calories!

Going to assume she's trolling because if not I fear for the future of humanity if people like that keep reproducing.

Too late in her case. Not sure how many kids she already has, but she did say this "may" be their last baby. Oh dear lord. Those poor children. Wonder if the father is sane? Doesn't sound like the MIL or BIL are, however.

There's a movie called "Idiocracy." Check it out.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    Options
    That thread about breast milk is hilarious. The scary thing is there are people who actually slip their bodily fluids into things. Back in my hometown there was a mom who used to make baked goods for her child to bring to class. A teacher asked her to give the recipe because they were so good, and the woman wrote down the recipe, which included A CUP OF BREAST MILK. :fearful:

A woman shouldn't make me a sandwich with one slice of white bread and one slice of wheat bread, miracle whip, and a slice of jersey tomato.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Well, the BIL is 13, so he may become saner as he gets older.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options

So, schools can ban peanuts, but they don't ban breast milk? Sounds logical. (NOT)
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I went to the doctor's today and I am not happy. She has put me on methylprednisolone and said I can't lift weights or do anything that requires waving my arms around for at least three weeks. At the same time my thyroid function has been going down so she ordered more blood work. She also wants me to eat maintenance for the three weeks where I essentially can't exercise. My confession: I know it is illogical, but I'm terrified that I will gain back tons of weight while doing this or at the very least I'll completely derail the habits I've developed and it'll be too hard to start again.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

There's a movie called "Idiocracy." Check it out.

Love it. Although it's frightening because I can see things heading that way.
  • Lt_Happy
    Lt_Happy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I had "breakfast" for supper last week and I coated my entire plate with maple syrup.
  • Lt_Happy
    Lt_Happy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    If I'm over by just a few calories at the end of the day, I'll add in more of my exercise to keep the number green.

I'm also done updating my weight on MFP, because it keeps dropping my calories and I'm too lazy to set it manually.

I quick add calories to avoid diary entries like "Pringles, one tube."

I like to use the barcode scanner and then adjust the serving amount.