Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Lt_Happy wrote: »
    If I'm over by just a few calories at the end of the day, I'll add in more of my exercise to keep the number green.

I'm also done updating my weight on MFP, because it keeps dropping my calories and I'm too lazy to set it manually.

I quick add calories to avoid diary entries like "Pringles, one tube."

I like to use the barcode scanner and then adjust the serving amount.

Pretty sure the poster meant that he/she doesn't want anyone to realize that they ate an entire tube of Pringles... ;)
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

Can't click that right now, I have to go do stuff. Don't get it shut down til I get back :p
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Oh crap, I desperately need to study more for my exam (in an hour and thirty minutes). AGH. Bye MyFitnessPal, semi-bye to Youtube (listening to music while studying).
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options

all I can say is "oh god" :eye roll:
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    I went to the doctor's today and I am not happy. She has put me on methylprednisolone and said I can't lift weights or do anything that requires waving my arms around for at least three weeks. At the same time my thyroid function has been going down so she ordered more blood work. She also wants me to eat maintenance for the three weeks where I essentially can't exercise. My confession: I know it is illogical, but I'm terrified that I will gain back tons of weight while doing this or at the very least I'll completely derail the habits I've developed and it'll be too hard to start again.

Why did she say this? I mean, health is a personal thing so if you don't want to answer that is fine. Just curious. Strange that a doctor would advise NO exercise for 3 weeks.
  • LH85DC
    LH85DC Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Finally time for my confession! I've been following this thread for ages, but telling myself I wouldn't post mine until I got to the end. Took a while!

Often I'll eat under my goal for a few days telling myself that I'm saving up calories for an event or something I'm looking forward to, like the baseball game I went to last night. But then when that day rolls around I have a hard time getting myself to actually use them because I hate to see the numbers go into the red. Last night I was planning to go all out at the baseball game, but ended up sharing what I got with my fiancee, and actually ended up roughly 300 calories under my normal goal (which is 1700, so don't worry - I'm not doing any real harm). But WTF ? It's all mental... gotta work on that! I need that energy for my workouts
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    [quote="ythannah;
    Talkradio wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I confess that I am irritated by an individual in another thread that thinks it's disgusting when women swear. I asked this individual to explain why, because obviously I need some educating on how to act f****** ladylike.

As soon as people tell me a woman "shouldn't" do something I immediately want to run out and do it.

Agree 100%. I'm a woman working in a "man's" field (Engineering).
    I can do anything a man can do, only better. That includes swearing and drinking beer.

I think it's awesome you are an engineer! I think I remember you saying that you were a young, single mom as well. You definitely can do anything :)

Definitely! I had my kids at 19 and 20, then got divorced and finished my engineering degree as a single mother of 2 babies.

I'm all about empowering women. We are strong. We are invincible. :)

Love it! Yes women are strong and smart and capable. Go you!!

(Earned my PhD in Chem after my kids were born, single mom of two teens, one special needs, fixing up my own fixer-upper and I'm really really happy with the people my kids are growing up to be and really happy with the person I am -- as I continue to improve myself. )
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    That thread about breast milk is hilarious. The scary thing is there are people who actually slip their bodily fluids into things. Back in my hometown there was a mom who used to make baked goods for her child to bring to class. A teacher asked her to give the recipe because they were so good, and the woman wrote down the recipe, which included A CUP OF BREAST MILK. :fearful:

So, schools can ban peanuts, but they don't ban breast milk? Sounds logical. (NOT)

Well, honestly, they probably would ban breast milk if it wasn't common sense...
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I went to the doctor's today and I am not happy. She has put me on methylprednisolone and said I can't lift weights or do anything that requires waving my arms around for at least three weeks. At the same time my thyroid function has been going down so she ordered more blood work. She also wants me to eat maintenance for the three weeks where I essentially can't exercise. My confession: I know it is illogical, but I'm terrified that I will gain back tons of weight while doing this or at the very least I'll completely derail the habits I've developed and it'll be too hard to start again.

Why did she say this? I mean, health is a personal thing so if you don't want to answer that is fine. Just curious. Strange that a doctor would advise NO exercise for 3 weeks.

I've managed to injure myself somehow and it is severely inflamed (apparently). It has been like this for awhile and I've probably made it worse by not getting it checked out sooner. So it is all my fault and I can't blame anyone else for it, but that said I'm still not happy about it. I was going to the doctor anyway to get the blood work done and I decided it would probably be time to mention that I've been having problems with my arm. This is the result of being honest!

To be clear I can still exercise - I just can't do my preferred methods of exercise. So I'm trying to figure out substitutions.

E.T.A. I injured my arm somehow. I just noticed I didn't actually say what I injured. I'm sure everything was as clear as mud before hand!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options

I've managed to injure myself somehow and it is severely inflamed (apparently). It has been like this for awhile and I've probably made it worse by not getting it checked out sooner. So it is all my fault and I can't blame anyone else for it, but that said I'm still not happy about it. I was going to the doctor anyway to get the blood work done and I decided it would probably be time to mention that I've been having problems with my arm. This is the result of being honest!

To be clear I can still exercise - I just can't do my preferred methods of exercise. So I'm trying to figure out substitutions.

Ah, got it. Well, at least you can heal properly now. Just give it some time. I have a terrible time NOT being active so I'm very careful to change up my routine and avoid over-use injuries. Hopefully you will be able to find alternate exercises and activities.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    So, I went to make a salad for lunch, but apparently my dear mother used up the rest of my ranch dressing the other day while she was babysitting (Grr). I tried to make my own little vinaigrette, but it was gross, so now my lunch is half of a leftover cream of mushroom pork chop and three caramel apple oreos that mom left here yesterday. I think a trip to the store is in order in a little while....MUST. HAVE. RANCH! :lol:
    Update: Kiddo came into the kitchen asking for a cheese sandwich, so obviously she didn't want a nap after all...

I've never bought salad dressing in my life. I just use 2/3 red wine vinegar and 1/3 olive oil (although it's meant to be the other way around I find that too greasy). Plus a little salt and pepper if you feel the need, dijon mustard is nice too. Love me some french dressing!

My dressings now are just red wine vinegar and Dijon mustard. Realized the oil made no difference whatsoever so I'll save the calories!

Going to assume she's trolling because if not I fear for the future of humanity if people like that keep reproducing.

Too late in her case. Not sure how many kids she already has, but she did say this "may" be their last baby. Oh dear lord. Those poor children. Wonder if the father is sane? Doesn't sound like the MIL or BIL are, however.

There's a movie called "Idiocracy." Check it out.

Love that movie, it was made in Austin Tx (where I am) and I knew a few people in the movie ("the Ow my Balls" guy worked with me at the time)
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Last night all I ate for dinner was a donut. Wasn't planned that way. After I got home from work & the gym, did the dishes and walked the dog I sat visiting with my mom until almost 10:00 and then it was bedtime.

So yay! I was under my calorie goal, but whoops! That wasn't healthy lol.

Also, can someone tell me the correct spelling: is it donut or doughnut? Or are both acceptable?

From grammarist.com: Doughnut vs. donut. The dictionary-approved spelling for the ring-shaped cake made of dough and fried in fat is doughnut. The shortened donut has been around since the late 1800s, but it wasn't popularized until the late 20th century, when the successful American doughnut chain Dunkin' Donuts made it ubiquitous.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options

E.T.A. I injured my arm somehow. I just noticed I didn't actually say what I injured. I'm sure everything was as clear as mud before hand!

That stinks! Hope it gets better soon!

I was at the doctor on Monday because of a strained rotator cuff, so not allowed to do @BZAH10 famous arm workout for awhile. I did go to the gym last night and did the AMT machine and treadmill while holding onto the machine, but no weights.
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    This morning the battery died in my food scale - I felt lost and utterly confused. I feel perplexed b/c I don't know how much my grapes are - I guess I will need to just guesstimate.

the anxiety I felt this morning was the same feeling I get when I forget my HR monitor when going to the gym!

When my battery died I took my bag and went to buy a new one right away. Can't live without it...

Batteries are one thing that I hoard. I know they have expiry dates, but they are usually several years in advance. I have batteries of every size and I change the batteries in my smoke detectors/carbon monoxide detector every six months, whether they are dying or not. I am super paranoid. I may just have three sets of food scale batteries on hand, in case of emergency.
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Double post *sigh* Every time now!
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options

I have no words. I only read page 1. She actually had her 13 year old BIL taste. Nope. Can't.

I'm really hoping she was just trolling, but as a mother of an almost 2 year old, I can confirm that there really are moms just as crazy as her out there. I generally avoid mom groups because of the high level of insanity.

I couldn't get past the BIL.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

I have no words. I only read page 1. She actually had her 13 year old BIL taste. Nope. Can't.

I'm really hoping she was just trolling, but as a mother of an almost 2 year old, I can confirm that there really are moms just as crazy as her out there. I generally avoid mom groups because of the high level of insanity.

That's the point where I bailed too. Because I was starting to wonder how, and that raised questions of legality due to BIL's age... and I just wasn't going there.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options

I'm sorry you are going through some difficulties. Maybe try to look at it like this: you are just practicing for when you reach your goal weight. When you are really maintaining, you'll still be practicing some of the discipline you use now for weight loss. No need to go off the rails!
  • Talkradio
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

That's the point where I bailed too. Because I was starting to wonder how, and that raised questions of legality due to BIL's age... and I just wasn't going there.

*shudders*
  • Talkradio
    Options

That new profile picture IS SO CUTE. And I don't even like dogs! ;)

Thanks! I didn't really love dogs until I got one :smiley: