5'6 - 5'7 before and after pics please!

Options

Replies

• fabulousmomma
    fabulousmomma Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    hsnicholls wrote: »
    19akla4g6v2q.jpg

I have two kids, and the shot in the pink tankini was taken about 5 months after my last baby, some where around 180lbs. In February of this year I had gotten down to 160ish but hadn't really buckled down. I cut out a lot of sugar, bread and began exercising more. I lost ten pounds doing that. In March, eager to do better, I downloaded MFP, and began to do some exercises at home. I do about 20-45 minutes depending on how I feel, and it's usually variations of sit-ups, push-ups, planks, lunges and squats.
    At the end of April I started running. I go about 3-4 times a week, while pushing my toddler in the jogging stroller and currently do about 4-5mile runs. I'm currently 130lbs, and still looking to loose a bit more but no set goal.
    32/5'6/SW: 180lbs CW: 130.4lbs GW:?

Amazing!
  • AshleyDR
    AshleyDR Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    19akla4g6v2q.jpg

I have two kids, and the shot in the pink tankini was taken about 5 months after my last baby, some where around 180lbs. In February of this year I had gotten down to 160ish but hadn't really buckled down. I cut out a lot of sugar, bread and began exercising more. I lost ten pounds doing that. In March, eager to do better, I downloaded MFP, and began to do some exercises at home. I do about 20-45 minutes depending on how I feel, and it's usually variations of sit-ups, push-ups, planks, lunges and squats.
    At the end of April I started running. I go about 3-4 times a week, while pushing my toddler in the jogging stroller and currently do about 4-5mile runs. I'm currently 130lbs, and still looking to loose a bit more but no set goal.

Wow you are doing awesome! Can I ask if you are Brest feeding? And how you set your macros? My son is almost 4 months old, I am breastfeeding, so I set my goals to 1lb a week, and I add back in 400-500 calories for Brest feeding. I have also been doing Crossfit for a month and a half but the scale isn't budging. It's super frustrating
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    AshleyDR wrote: »
    19akla4g6v2q.jpg

Wow you are doing awesome! Can I ask if you are Brest feeding? And how you set your macros? My son is almost 4 months old, I am breastfeeding, so I set my goals to 1lb a week, and I add back in 400-500 calories for Brest feeding. I have also been doing Crossfit for a month and a half but the scale isn't budging. It's super frustrating

Her baby was 6 months old in 2013 so over 2 now probably, so if she's breastfeeding still it won't be the same as bf a 4 month old in terms of calories burned.

Maybe you don't need to add back the entire 400-500 for bf? Try only adding back say 250 and if it doesn't affect your supply then it should be fine.
  • AshleyDR
    Options
    19akla4g6v2q.jpg

Her baby was 6 months old in 2013 so over 2 now probably, so if she's breastfeeding still it won't be the same as bf a 4 month old in terms of calories burned.

Maybe you don't need to add back the entire 400-500 for bf? Try only adding back say 250 and if it doesn't affect your supply then it should be fine.

I also burn any where between 300-600 calories doing Crossfit 3-4 days a week, according to my heart rate monitor, so I'm struggling with how much I should actual be eating? My appetite is crazy especially the days I work out.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    19akla4g6v2q.jpg

I also burn any where between 300-600 calories doing Crossfit 3-4 days a week, according to my heart rate monitor, so I'm struggling with how much I should actual be eating? My appetite is crazy especially the days I work out.

How much weight do you need to lose? How much have you lost already? I've had 3 babies and my weight loss was incredibly slow after each one until about 6 months, and even then it wasn't great. Now my third baby is 1 it's starting to speed up properly, and I'm able to eat more.
  • AshleyDR
    Options
    19akla4g6v2q.jpg

How much weight do you need to lose? How much have you lost already? I've had 3 babies and my weight loss was incredibly slow after each one until about 6 months, and even then it wasn't great. Now my third baby is 1 it's starting to speed up properly, and I'm able to eat more.

I have not Lost any weight since my son was about 6 weeks old. I have about 20lbs to be pre baby and about 10 more for my ultimate goal. I want to make sure I have enough milk for my little guy, but I was hoping to be back to pre baby in another 3 months. I have tried different calculators, mfp sets my goal at 1400, before taking into consideration bf and exercise. If ate back all of those calories it would be around 2200 a day. So I was going to aim for 1800 the next few weeks and see what happens... I've read other Brest feeding threads and a lot of the moms say you do t need to count your calories if you are active and Brest feeding... "It just falls off" that's not the case for me lol
  • hsnicholls
    hsnicholls Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    19akla4g6v2q.jpg

I was breastfeeding but stopped when the youngest was about 1.5 years (he's almost 2.5 now). When I was breastfeeding I didn't count calories or anything, just focused on staying active and eating when I was hungry (not out of boredom). Right now I do 40% carbs, and 30% for protein and fat. I'm personally struggling to get enough protein.
    I honestly found the biggest change in not just weight, but how I looked, occurred when I started running. I just found the lbs peeled off with high intensity cardio, plus I have the extra resistance from pushing the stroller.
    Now I know a lot of people have a hard time losing weight while they breastfeed, so try not to put too much pressure on yourself. Keep doing cross fit, as you build more muscle, it will help you burn more calories.
  • CupcakeQueen86
    CupcakeQueen86 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    you all look so good, I'm 5'7,
    st 13, cw 12, can't wait to hit 11 then 10 >:)
    Sorry no pics yet
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    ddmusica wrote: »
    5'5", 46 years old, weighed 173 lbs September 1, 2014. Now weigh 133 lbs and have moved into maintenance.
    pink top - 173 lbs
    purple top - 135 lbs
    green top - 133 lbs

kf0254mw9pzr.jpg
    4ugu9s4exebv.jpg
    4z4nsm0rlo70.jpg

You're looking great! We've had a very similar journey, 5'7, started Aug. 7 at 169, entered maintenance in February at 133. Was the purple top from a marathon?
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    lori4277 wrote: »
    I've lost the weight before and am back to lose what I've gained over the winter, so these pictures are a bit dated. Still, my height hasn't changed. :) I'm 5'6, in the first picture I was hovering around 180 (and that was before my two kids!). Second picture is after both of my kids, around 145 - I'm in the blue. Good luck to you!
    - 2g1c0mogv072.jpg
    9t9n9ig0p5bg.jpg

I'm trying to figure out which on you are on the bottom. LOL the eyes match the girl on the right, but the hair color the girl on the left. Either way awesome! @lori4277
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    erojoy wrote: »
    I've lost the weight before and am back to lose what I've gained over the winter, so these pictures are a bit dated. Still, my height hasn't changed. :) I'm 5'6, in the first picture I was hovering around 180 (and that was before my two kids!). Second picture is after both of my kids, around 145 - I'm in the blue. Good luck to you!
    - 2g1c0mogv072.jpg
    9t9n9ig0p5bg.jpg

I'm trying to figure out which on you are on the bottom. LOL the eyes match the girl on the right, but the hair color the girl on the left. Either way awesome! @lori4277

I think the one in plaid based on the nose @erojoy
    Also, she said she's the one in blue lol
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    erojoy wrote: »
    - 2g1c0mogv072.jpg
    9t9n9ig0p5bg.jpg

I think the one in plaid based on the nose @erojoy
    Also, she said she's the one in blue lol

That's what I thought!
    Ok I'm not crazy. It was the hair color that threw me off. What a cute hair cut.
  • sweetjess195
    sweetjess195 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I wanted to share my progress pics but wasn't sure what was "appropriate". I take all my photos naked but I put hearts over my girl parts :) Just wanted to check to make sure that was ok before I shared!
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    pretty sure you need to be wearing clothes, or swim suit.
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Still got awhile to go but this is from 65 days of working out

8dcaa975-cb1b-4dce-803b-f11531e47d9f_zpsoyfnawsk.jpg

ee3ae5c0-6928-4bba-8372-9d49551154e5_zpsgt2jrwxv.jpg

Great progress!!
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    pretty sure you need to be wearing clothes, or swim suit.

Yes, I believe the rules are clothed or swimsuit, no underwear shots.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!