5'6 - 5'7 before and after pics please!

Options

Replies

• DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I won't share pics now but I have some after ones in my profile pics. I was 220 after my 2nd baby and got down to 154 and a US size 6/8, but then I got pregnant again so I'm working my way back.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,121 Member
    Options
    365andstillalive - great transformation! keep up the good work you look fantastic!
  • fitbit8
    fitbit8 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Such a great thread!! Much respect you all...keep kicking *kitten*!!!!!
  • melanie_a_h
    melanie_a_h Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I was probably 175 on the left & I am 149 now. I am about 5'6 & 3/4!

Amazing! I am at 180 now trying to get back to 140. What did you do for results? How long did it take? Great job you look fantastic!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Dawnna - good job! you look fantastic! Keep up the good work. can you give us an idea of how you did it.
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Dawnna - good job! you look fantastic! Keep up the good work. can you give us an idea of how you did it.

just eating right and exercise. I dont diet. I still eat pizza every friday (like 3-4 pieces) and ice cream and hamburgers. I am a hobby baker/decorator so i like my sweets to. i just learned its everthing in moderation. its taken me two years, so its not fast at all but slow and steady is winning my race. i started eating 1800 calories a day and eating my exercise calories back. now i eat 1700 and dont except on days i do long runs .

• fanncy0626
    Options
    what type of exercises do you do besides running? I can't seem to lose weight if I eat over 1260 calories. I also do 2 to 3 hours cardio everyday, and I just started stronglifts 5x5 Monday of this week. I'm hoping that my metabolism will eventually turn itself on. ever since menopause was over anything I looked at turn to fat on my body.
  • dawnna76
    Options
    I do 45 minutes of running 3 days a week and one long run on saturdays (training for first marathon in june) I lift the other 2 days a week. once finish the marathon I will go back to 30- 60 minutes of cardio 3 days a aweek and lifting 3-4 days. my cardio is anything from zumba to step to HIIT training. I cant imagaine doing 2-3 hours of cardio a day.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    I live in Minnesota and have nowhere to walk because of ice. so it was either Sitting on the couch or get up and do something. I do Kenpo X kickboxing to make my joint and body feel good, then I either do Zumba activate or exhilarate, on MWF I hula hoop for an hour, and I swim at the pool on T th. I don't do them all at one time I spread them out during the day. I am recently retired so very bored. I tried to get a job here up north and I am very over qualified. my husband also travel a lot for his job so I do not want to get a job that would prevent me from being with him. I also did buns guns and AB everyday for strength training until this week when I decided to do the strong lift 5 X 5. now I only do the buns guns and abs when I don't do the 5 X 5. I never eat back my exercise calories except for possibly 25 to 30 calories over 1260. if I go over and have a free day which I do on occasion but not by more than 100 to 200 calories I will gain usually two or more pounds and it takes me 3 to 4 days sometimes even a week, to get back down to where I was before that. if I want to have treat like you do I have to count them in with my 1260 calorie amount in order to lose one half To 1 pound each weeks. I also drink 8 to 10 cups of water each day. I will even switch my exercises up and do them at different times of the day to try to trick my body into becoming more efficient. I just cannot get my metabolism to kick in. any advice would be helpful
  • dawnna76
    Options
    I wish I had some advice, but i am definatly not an expert. I just tried everything. I tried really low calorie and that didnt work for how active i was so i started eating more and that seemed to be the ticket for me. there was an innitial weight gain when i upped but then it started coming off no problem. maybe try something new. if the old way isnt working anymore, shake it up.

my husband travels for work too. he is gone 20 days a month with the railroad. i have two young sons and work full time, so being bored isnt something i have time for yet :)

happy retirement!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Thanks for your advice!
  • cherissepatnode182
    cherissepatnode182 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I was probably 175 on the left & I am 149 now. I am about 5'6 & 3/4!

Amazing! I am at 180 now trying to get back to 140. What did you do for results? How long did it take? Great job you look fantastic!

Thanks! I started in 2013 with Zumba and just elliptical and I never really saw any results. So in August 2014 I started to do circuit training which the exercises always vary. Usually we do focused muscle groups. Like today for me is chest a tricep day. A lot of bootcamps will do the circuit/HIIT training which really helps burn the fat and muscle. I only saw results when I was able to do this at least 4-6 times a week.

I only recently been dieting with this which I usually just try to aim for low sugar and more protein. Also, I now try to run for 15 before the circuits! So I say it took 8 months to see results with toning and it took about 2 months to have the weight drop fast.
  • alisonmarie85
    alisonmarie85 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm honestly afraid to take another progress pic. I am stuck in my journey not losing weight at all. I have 2 months until my trip and I want to drop 10lbs-15lbs. I'm afraid if I take a pic and compare it before my trip I won't see a difference :( I see all of you with your successes and it gives me hope. You all are an inspiration.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Samiad - great results! Do you follow a program for heavy lifting?
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'm honestly afraid to take another progress pic. I am stuck in my journey not losing weight at all. I have 2 months until my trip and I want to drop 10lbs-15lbs. I'm afraid if I take a pic and compare it before my trip I won't see a difference :( I see all of you with your successes and it gives me hope. You all are an inspiration.

Don't be afraid to take a pic! Sometimes the scale stays the same, but your body is still changing. It's easier to see those changes in a picture, than in the mirror - at least it's easier for me. Don't give up, you've got this!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!