What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    jkirby0036 wrote: »
    How frustrating people can be when they say, oh its just mostly water weight or you will gain it back then more, that's what most people do. GRRRR! 16lbs is not water weight, and yes I have had good weeks and not so good weeks but I have no intentions on going back to what I was, I just want to go forward.

Being cold pretty much all of the time. I'm seriously buying thermals to wear under my clothes at work.

1st bolded: I got "The holidays are here. All your weight is going to come right back!"
    I'm sorry 50 pounds is NOT coming back in 2 months!

2nd bolded: I wear fleece lined leggings under ALL of my clothes now. :relaxed:
  • MsMaeFlowers
    MsMaeFlowers Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    kar328 wrote: »
    How, deadlifting 100 lbs, and having lost 107 (so far) makes you realize just exactly how significant the loss is. It was not easy to lift, yet I walked around with it every day.

I don't have nearly that much to lose, but I picked up a couple bags of charcoal for the BBQ one day and went "wow, this is how much extra weight I am carrying around, no wonder my back always hurts".
  • GeordieLaforge
    GeordieLaforge Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    How, deadlifting 100 lbs, and having lost 107 (so far) makes you realize just exactly how significant the loss is. It was not easy to lift, yet I walked around with it every day.

@kar328 I love this! It really puts things into perspective eh? Congrats on the loss! :)
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    curves2j wrote: »
    Had the courage to join the Parents vs Kids soccer match. Mid game I realized wow- I can do this for hours and keep up with these 10 year olds.... 6 months ago- this would not have happened.

Wow. That's brave! Good for you.

• kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Bungie01 wrote: »

@kar328 I love this! It really puts things into perspective eh? Congrats on the loss! :)

Thank you :smiley:
    bri170lb wrote: »

This summer we went on vacation. The weight limit for suitcases was 50 pounds each and we had 2, each just under the limit. They were very heavy and I couldn't carry one very far at all, let alone 2!

I've lost 111 pounds so far and when I think of how heavy those suitcases are it really puts my health into perspective. Of course I felt like crap then! No wonder I feel so awesome now!

I'm working on unpacking my 3rd and final suitcase now! :smiley:

That's another great example. And congratulations on all your "unpacking" :smiley:

• IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    MindyBruno wrote: »
    Non plus sized pants have way smaller pockets and it is much harder to fit my cell phone in my front pocket. I read that comment from someone at the beginning of my journey and it always stuck with me and now I can experience it myself!

So much yes! i love mens pants just for the pockets. i like to wear carpenter shorts just because of that! lol
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Bungie01 wrote: »

I have to remind myself of this sometimes, at my lowest, I had lost 125-130 pounds, I gained some back, but I have kept over 100 pounds off. My trainer had me do farmers carries - with 50 pounds in each hand. That was heavy...no wonder I feel so much better and can do so much more.

• believeit66
    believeit66 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    -
    -I really packed on weight after hurting my sciatic nerve at work. Taking off the weight has been a miracle cure. That physical therapist wasn't kidding when she told me losing weight would make it better.
    -Lying in bed and running your hands over your hipbones and ribs is really great
    Yes! For all the advice I sought for severe plantar fasciaitis , I don't remember anyone telling me *losing weight* would cure it. It did.

And I love lying in bed and raising my leg and running my hand over the muscles as I flex them. I haven't seen those muscles since I was in high school, and my ankles look so tiny to me... can't wait to see what they look like when I lose the rest of the weight!
  • rdrettig1
    rdrettig1 Posts: 62 Member
    Options

squeeeyk wrote: »
    Feeling guilty in the check-out line if you have processed foods or junk foods in your grocery cart. Conversely, feeling oddly good when you have fresh veggies and fruit.

Yes! I think about that all time. I never use to feel guilty about all the junk food in my cart. I just thought it was normal. Now I feel so good about putting all my veggies and fruit on the conveyor belt.
  • PhoenyxRose
    PhoenyxRose Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    yangt41 wrote: »
    That I will still hate working out! I really thought I would start to be like some of you on here who starts to actually enjoy working out. I still dread it but still drag myself to the gym 3-4 times a week.

Try finding workouts you like? Like, at first I hated working out because things like running and most cardio (I.e. Going on a treadmill or elliptical for 30-60 min) bore the ever living day lights outta me but I find that when I have a goal I can work for (touching my toes or getting into a pose I couldn't before in yoga, lifting more weights and getting closer to the bubble butt I want, and being able to swim faster and for longer) I find that I WANT to work out and LOVE seeing the gains I've made which just makes me want to work out more :) just an idea
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    How people want to know your "secret". And how disappointed when you say you just pay attention to what you eat.

How people think you are losing weight because you are exercising so much and don't believe when you say it actually isn't and 80 to 90% is actually due to paying attentiont to what you eat

And this: a bit like the water weight and you'll get it all back during the holiday comments: How although you've already lost some already, most people strongly doubt that you'll ever get to a much lower weight. If they've know me for a while they go "when have you EVER been this small" (I was like size 8, 5 years ago). And people who've always known you at a higher weight just show their very skeptical face
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    joinn68 wrote: »
    How people want to know your "secret". And how disappointed when you say you just pay attention to what you eat.

^^This! It's so funny when people mention that they've noticed I've lost weight and ask me what I've been doing, because invariably, after I say "I've been eating less and moving more," they give me this blank look like they were expecting something revolutionary. :smiley:
  • juleelee
    juleelee Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yes to collar bones!!!! After a 70+ loss mine are just beginning to show. Still have 25 lbs to go... I never knew how excited I could get about a bone in my body! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!