• lustergirl
    lustergirl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have hip bones and kneecaps!!
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    juleelee wrote: »
    Yes to collar bones!!!! After a 70+ loss mine are just beginning to show. Still have 25 lbs to go... I never knew how excited I could get about a bone in my body! :)
    lustergirl wrote: »

My xiphoid process is visible. Not liking it, it's too bony. My collar bones were first visible if I hunched my shoulders, now they stay visible and I swear I spend too much time looking at them in the mirror. I also noticed this week, if I move my arms up and down I can see a faint outline of my ribs on my upper chest. And I've become acquainted with my coccyx.

Apparently, I now spend too much time feeling myself :wink: :blush:
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    That I have acquired so many countering strategies to keep myself on track. I use them all but I still slip through the fence sometimes. I catch my self and start it all again. lol No one thing is going to get me through this and beyond!
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    No one thing is going to get me through this and beyond!

This is a very profound thought. It isn't just one thing, is it? It's so many things, one built on the next that add up to success.

When things aren't going well you have to go back and figure out what piece you are missing.

• KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    kar328 wrote: »
    Yes to collar bones!!!! After a 70+ loss mine are just beginning to show. Still have 25 lbs to go... I never knew how excited I could get about a bone in my body! :)

My xiphoid process is visible. Not liking it, it's too bony. My collar bones were first visible if I hunched my shoulders, now they stay visible and I swear I spend too much time looking at them in the mirror. I also noticed this week, if I move my arms up and down I can see a faint outline of my ribs on my upper chest. And I've become acquainted with my coccyx.

I am glad this is normal. I almost freaked out when I was doing my hair yesterday morning. I have never seen those bones before! :wink:
  • gemdiver00
    gemdiver00 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    All this talk about touching yourself and this song pops into my head, http://youtu.be/wv-34w8kGPM
  • MindyBruno
    MindyBruno Posts: 535 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

I am sitting at my desk right now tapping my fingers on my newly found collar bone.
  • AllAboutThatPace
    AllAboutThatPace Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    kgb6days wrote: »
    How cold you get without a thick pad of insulation

This. I am normally so hot, but lately, I am walking around the house is a sweater or my robe. Haha.
  • Eri0515
    Eri0515 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Luvzy wrote: »
    Just lost 40 lbs (196 to 156) in a few months grocery shopping 3 times a week at 3 different stores, in the kitchen for 2 hours a day (cooking, meal prepping, dishes, etc.), and going to the gym 5 days a week, and all the ladies be like "it's so easy for men to lose weight." :|
    Men have different metabolism rates than most women, but no, I would never say it's easy for them. It's not easy for *any* of us.
  • veggieerp
    veggieerp Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Layers are your friend! I heard that once you lose weight you are cold all the time but I also heard that you re-acclimate. Two years and 100+ pounds down, I am still cold all the time!
    Also, buying clothes size small clothes NEVER gets old.
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options

So...many...jokes...

That's what she said?
  • BrandNewMan1970
    BrandNewMan1970 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Small things like having a tailbone that makes sitting in a car or Ina plane for long periods of time quite painful.

I know it's been said but my knobby knees knocking together when I lay down.

Being very comfortable with no shirt on (my wife laughs about that one)

I have ribs for gods sake

One major one is patients and friends asking behind my back if I have cancer or something. And yes people don't always believe it's as easy as counting calories and exercise.

• kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    veggieerp wrote: »
    Also, buying clothes size small clothes NEVER gets old.

This is new for me but picking up a small sized piece of clothing makes me giggle every time. I was a 3X when I started this weight loss journey and it never occurred to me that "small" was possible. I was aiming for medium and didn't think that was going to happen until I hit my goal (still not there yet). I work in scrubs and recently was able to fit into extra smalls (they aren't made well, putting on the same size two days in a row will fit so differently like you gained ten pounds that day). They're color coded with the drawstrings and I make sure an inch or two is visible under the shirt :smiley:

• bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    They're color coded with the drawstrings and I make sure an inch or two is visible under the shirt :smiley:

Heck, yeah! If you've got it (or don't got it in this case) flaunt it!

I started at a 3x also. I just bought medium leggings. They are so cute and tiny, they make me giggle also!

• skirtonbear
    skirtonbear Posts: 1 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    That after losing 5-7 lbs. each time your hormones and hormone meds will react: my OBGYN said, '...less mass, but same amount of chemicals in your dosage.'

I need pain medication less often for hormonal or tension headaches.

I found FiberOne bars supply my dessert desires.

My kids are a great help: serving me proper portions, complimenting me and getting me to exercise when I'm tired, & inventing snacks my restricted diet can accept!

Restaurants are getting better about offering healthy and great tasting alternatives, though dairy plagues me everywhere. ;)

Exercise is not as easy in your 40s, and it is a necessity, but it doesn't have to be a long or heavy workout either.

YouTube has fun, Christian music Zumba videos!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!