What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    brenn24179 wrote: »
    try being 62 and finding friends to be active with. I go to to the gym, that is the only place I find them, my other friends just want to sit and eat and are not concerned and of course they have health problems.

Find friends with interests like yours no matter what the age! I'm shocked at people my age using the rolly carts at local stores!
  • NewMEEE2016
    NewMEEE2016 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    How much I touch myself. (Not like that, pervs!) But I just find the new contours of my body fascinating. My collarbone, knuckles, my legs look/feel completely different, I can feel my ribs and hipbones when I lie down. It's crazy.

I touched myself even before I started losing weight lol. I don't know why I just like to rub my hip bones when I'm falling asleep.

I've only dropped about 25 pounds, and I dropped 1-2 pants sizes depending on the style but nothing too huge. The most annoying thing those is that my expensive bras no longer fit. I went from a 44 to a 42. The band is too big and because of it they rub and stab me in my under arm fat :'(. It leaves sore red bumps under my arms. Luckily I work at a store that sells bras so I get a discount, but they're still expensive!

I have a lot of expensive bras that are too big, too. The owner of the local "big bra specialty store" offered to alter a couple of them to fit me. Maybe you could find someone to do this for you?
  • birdiegirl73
    birdiegirl73 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    DAM5412 wrote: »
    Your shoes may no longer fit.
    Don't be too quick to resize your wedding bands, most jewelers won't do it more than twice.
    Find and make friends with your local consignment shop, don't splurge too much on clothes until you reach (and have stayed for a while at) goal.
    Some of your friends and family members will not be supportive.
    It's not a linear process (especially for us girls)! Some days/weeks you will not lose anything and that's okay. Stick to your plan.
    Beanogirl wrote: »
    You will lose some friends who see you as a threat! Just let them go.....
    -People suddenly think it's okay to comment on your body/weight loss/food
    -How much more fun it is to focus on fitness (which you can control) versus the scale (which you truly cannot control)
    -Some "friends" get weirdly competitive or passive aggressive
    -How you can look in the mirror and not see that you're not obese anymore
    -I really packed on weight after hurting my sciatic nerve at work. Taking off the weight has been a miracle cure. That physical therapist wasn't kidding when she told me losing weight would make it better.
    -Lying in bed and running your hands over your hipbones and ribs is really great

*how good it feels tobe supportive of others weight loss goals. I love cheering others on, it inspires me to stay healthy!
    *how addictive working out can be
    *that u may have some loose skin, depending on amount of weight loss
    *how fun it is to find a variety of clothes in your size!
    - That eating healthy, veggies & low fat, lean meats) can mean eating a lot of food - some days I am just tired of eating, and still don't reach my calorie goal.
    - Those who have seen me go up and down over the years are not saying anything about my weight loss (and they never say anything about the gains either)
    - Working out makes you smaller even when the weight loss is not so great.
    - Sometimes your friends need to change to enable your goals (aka no more drinking night out with the girls.)
    palwithme wrote: »
    kgb6days wrote: »
    How cold you get without a thick pad of insulation

You too? I thought I was the only one. I am freezing all. the. time. I just hope my body gets used to it.

• smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    brenn24179 wrote: »
    try being 62 and finding friends to be active with. I go to to the gym, that is the only place I find them, my other friends just want to sit and eat and are not concerned and of course they have health problems.

Same with dating. Guys my age only want to go sit at dinner or sit at the movies.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!