What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• iamsoveryrich
    iamsoveryrich Posts: 12 Member
    palwithme wrote: »
    + You realize you don't need to go into the handicap stall in the bathroom any more to feel like you have enough room. Strange things like that.

Wow!! I didn't realize that's why I go on the handicapped stall.

This too ^^^

Omg. I do this as well.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    MaxT370 wrote: »
    that people will straight up ask if you are starving yourself.... wtf (my dad, and I am 30 haha)

Yes! I had someone ask me if I was sick because of the weight loss....when I said "excuse me?", she said "well some people drop a lot of weight when they're sick." :(

My Dad would always tell me not to get "Too skinny", pretty sure that will never happen. The sick thing happened too, after not going to a monthly poker game for a while, I showed up and my brother's friend pulled him to the side to ask him if I was sick, he was worried about me.
  • mazarasltm
    mazarasltm Posts: 205 Member
    Its really weird when the opposite sex gives you a second look or Grandmas (my patients) tend to point their granddaughters at me (one mother pointed her gay son at me). It must be my imagination (the only people who would be interested in me are girls who like guys that look like Stone Cold Steve Austin or like Bulldogs/ Shar-Peis). I have never attracted a second look even when I was skinny. But my wife says I'm oblivious. Maybe I should take my wedding ring off my gold chain and put it on my finger again (do I look like a widower?). But I wash my hands at werk all the time (skin irritation).
  • iamsoveryrich
    iamsoveryrich Posts: 12 Member
    mazarasltm wrote: »
    Its really weird when the opposite sex gives you a second look or Grandmas (my patients) tend to point their granddaughters at me (one mother pointed her gay son at me). It must be my imagination (the only people who would be interested in me are girls who like guys that look like Stone Cold Steve Austin or like Bulldogs/ Shar-Peis). I have never attracted a second look even when I was skinny. But my wife says I'm oblivious. Maybe I should take my wedding ring off my gold chain and put it on my finger again (do I look like a widower?). But I wash my hands at werk all the time (skin irritation).

I understand about the rung thing. I'm a hairstylist by trade and know the constant water can give you "ring rot" I don't know what it's call but all the water and soap under the ring gives you a rash. There is a product called liquid glove I believe that helps with the water. I think that your not comfortable with the new attention and that is very normal. Just start to look into how you feel around self worth. When someone compliments you how do you feel? Can you receive it or do you deflect it. There is so much tied up in how we feel about being attractive.
  • bhanvi
    bhanvi Posts: 133 Member
    cblue315 wrote: »
    My legs would look worse after loosing 120 pounds. I can't wear shorts in public. The skin on my thighs is atrocious. I do wear them just above the knee, but won't show any more leg than that. When swimming I wear trishorts.

Do you mean loose skin or stretch marks? Just curious.
  • surajd1987
    surajd1987 Posts: 1 Member
    I just wanted to say, thank you for this thread. I was going through a rough transition and this is great to see that I am not alone!

We all are in one boat
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!