Options

Replies

• GabinkaP
    GabinkaP Posts: 188 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    angelxsss wrote: »
    GabinkaP wrote: »

I'm glad your family is coming around. My husband has gotten FATTER since I started losing in April 2014. So it's been a long while. I hit my goal last October. Been going further down since then. No evidence that he's starting to care. He's obese and fine with it at the present. I worry that I'll lose him earlier because of this.

As for my daughter, I did have a talk with her about her weight a couple weeks ago. Trying the "It's easier to keep it off than to take it off" route. But she still put away a pound of M&M's (all but 1/4 cup) in about 2 days after she got just a little bit of money to buy it. Even trying to keep either of them to portion control has not worked yet. She still gives me the "you're the one on the diet, not me" comments.

I dont know how old your daughter is or what all you said to her, but maybe try emphasizing just being healthy first and foremost, and then the weight will just follow? But I do feel like a lot of starting out on this journey is really just a lightswitch moment, and I'm not sure that other people can trigger that- it might just have to start with oneself.

She's 15. She doesn't care about healthy. She cares about looking good before she goes to bed. She puts on makeup BEFORE she goes to bed. Sigh. Teenagers are ridiculous! Anyway, she thinks a thigh gap is gross and that I have no "booty." In fact, I get so many compliments when I dress up. I'm beautiful and while my stomach is not perfectly flat, I'm thinner than I've been in 10 years! (Was on a diet 10 years ago and got down to 110, now 115-116). Part of the issue with her though, may be beyond her control. She had a broken ankle this summer. Seriously curtailed her activity. Now she's back in school, gonna play volleyball. Maybe all that activity will bring her weight down while she's not looking.

As for my husband, I got him a Fitbit, hoping that would get him moving more. Now he manages to get 10k far before I do even when we're walking together and as I said before, he's going up, not down.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!