What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• SapphireMoon23
    SapphireMoon23 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I was trying to tell my mom how cold I've been since losing 30 pounds, but she had no clue. And all of my T shirts are nice and loose, nothing rides up over my belly any more, I love sleeping in them now. I love the new muscles popping out of my legs and the new bones in my hips. Still mentally adjusting to this ride, figuring out how to meal plan all the time, get enough protein, and get a run or workout in. Mentally, the feeling fat days are less than the feeling thin ones, so that's good.

How meal prep has become second nature ... finally. I do it most nights or early in the morning.
  • SapphireMoon23
    SapphireMoon23 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    One of my biggest things was learning how to nest my knees for sleeping at night.

Something else that I struggle with is using up the excess energy without irritating others.

Bonus to my friends, since I'm a lightweight I offer to be DD.

Nest?

I presume that refers to not having your knees 'stacked' one on top of the other when sleeping on your side, but sort of offsetting them a bit so your bones don't press together. It's something I'm having to get accustomed to myself lately, even though I still have plenty to lose... bones are definitely becoming more noticeable (and sometimes uncomfortable!) now! :)

Thank you for explaining that. I still have thick thighs so i don't have that cool issue yet.
  • Colt1835
    Colt1835 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    aerochic42 wrote: »
    I must admit I'm somewhat jealous of those who love shopping. I hate it. No matter what size I am, I am inevitably between sizes. It's incredibly frustrating. I also have to accept the fact that due to bone structure (more bone length than bone girth, like shoulders and long arms) I will never be a small, and most likely not really a medium. I am out of plus sizes. I tried on winter coats this weekend to figure out what size I am so I don't have to deal with as much a hassle on black Friday sales. My shoulders and boobs meant that I didn't fit into a women's xl in two major brands. I ended up buying a men's coat for the size and color choices and the arms are too long even though it fits through the body. I can't win for trying.
    I feel your pain. I haven't met my goal yet, but I'm already noticing how difficult shopping is starting to be. I'm probably going to have to get most of my wardrobe tailored when I meet my goal. I'm in a medium now, but Its hard to find shirts long enough so I'm kind of stuck at large until I figure it out.
  • crystalmorrison378
    crystalmorrison378 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Going out to lunch, sitting in a booth with a table that doesn't move and having there be "space" between you and the table when there didn't used to be.

THIS!!!!

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!