What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Agree with lots of these (and LOVE reading them). I've lost 26 lbs since June 2016, and at 5ft 1in tall, I would like to lose at least 10 more; however, I have received so many compliments from friends and family - for the most part it is good. Hubby actually hasn't said much about it, but he has known me to be up and down. He has said "Good for you babe." HOWEVER, (maybe TMI), our physical relationship has gotten better/more frequent. It's in what he doesn't have to say - it's in how he looks at me. The confidence I have in myself is attractive. It's flattering to get compliments from strangers, but I absolutely love that my hubby and I are still going strong after 13 years together. Ha cha cha! AND, I've motivated him to get into shape too!

Cracks me up. and I agree.
  • MissMaggieMuffin
    MissMaggieMuffin Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    maybe1pe wrote: »
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    that I would develop a clothes buying addiction :/

Now my biggest problems are my shoes. I've gone from a 42/43 wide (12-13W in the US I think) to a 41/42 NARROW (somewhere between 10 and 11 US?). None of my shoes fit right anymore. I slip and slide around in them, making my feet hurt. So I've been walking around in a pair of converse (with a bit of cotton stuffed in the toes to prevent the sliding) and gym shoes I can lace tight for the past 3 weeks. I find it really odd that the length of my foot has also seems to have gone down (My toes used to be at just the right spot in the gym shoes, and they're now a good 1cm back from that spot). It's a bit annoying as I have some really nice leather boots that I can pretty much trash now.

And it's freaking expensive. There's no way I can replace all the shoes. So I'll just get a boring basic black shoe for work, one pair for the gym and one pair for casual (I'm thinking a basic high-heel in a neutral color to fit with the pretty dresses I've been buying...). Just adding all of that together is making my head spin... Can't even order online as I have no freaking idea what size I really need now (and I hate the hassle of sending back a million pairs). :angry:

I have had a lot of luck finding shoes at thrift shops. Granted there are lots that are in rough shape and you have to take the time to sort through everything, but I've found excellent quality shoes and boots in never-worn condition.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!