What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• Speziface
    Speziface Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Worst thing finding out when you lose a bunch of weight: the number of people who try to tell you that what you did or are doing is completely wrong.

Haven't had that happen to me. I have had a few folks ask me what I did and how I did it. I explained my approach and everybody said, "I'll give it a shot." But only one has actually lost any weight (that I've noticed).
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    DamieBird wrote: »
    The more you lose, the more people notice (or at least comment). No one noticed anything until I was 25 pounds down, and now that I've lost nearly 40, I'm getting comments at least a couple times a week!
    Also, I thought all y'all were exageratting the shrinking foot thing, but this week I've noticed that my shoes are a lot roomier and when I walk, you can actually see the bones in my feet moving! Now, if only my hands would start to slim up..... (I've always admired women with thin, elegant hands like I've never had!)

Remember, you can't pick or choose where you lose fat, so your body doesn't think your fingers is where to pull it from at the moment. Be patient, and don't be so upset. My body decided that my chest would be the first thing to go.

Oh, I know, and I'm not upset at all, lol. I guess my original post could've used an emoji or something ;)
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    The more you lose, the more people notice (or at least comment). No one noticed anything until I was 25 pounds down, and now that I've lost nearly 40, I'm getting comments at least a couple times a week!
    Also, I thought all y'all were exageratting the shrinking foot thing, but this week I've noticed that my shoes are a lot roomier and when I walk, you can actually see the bones in my feet moving! Now, if only my hands would start to slim up..... (I've always admired women with thin, elegant hands like I've never had!)

Remember, you can't pick or choose where you lose fat, so your body doesn't think your fingers is where to pull it from at the moment. Be patient, and don't be so upset. My body decided that my chest would be the first thing to go.

Oh, I know, and I'm not upset at all, lol. I guess my original post could've used an emoji or something ;)

LOL, okay.
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    Speziface wrote: »
    I know what you mean. I'd lost 25 pounds but none of it from my face. But when I lost the next five people started noticing I'd been losing weight because that's when it came off my face. At the 50 pounds lost mark I'm still waiting for the love handles to go....

There are love handles in that profile pic???
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!