Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Success Stories
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• springlering62springlering62 Member, Premium Posts: 3,195 Member Member, Premium Posts: 3,195 Member
    TMI but I need a rash guard lower down, if ya know what I mean. Shaving has always been nightmarishly painful. Nice to know my ugly old Lycra shorts might actually be fashionable at the pool this year, although now that I’m down weightwise, it would be lovely to be able to show it off in a “normal” swimsuit. *sigh*
  • MsBaz2018MsBaz2018 Member Posts: 361 Member Member Posts: 361 Member
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    ...the amount of money you will spend on new clothes.

I calculate I bought about six whole new wardrobes during the course of my weight loss. Even with charity shops, that got expensive.

But what I didn't anticipate is how much I'm still spending on clothes now I'm at my final size.

First there was the 'this is my final size, I can buy good clothes that will last' splurge. Then there was the 'hey, I don't have to hide my tummy anymore, I can buy styles I never even looked at before' splurge. Then there was the 'holy *kitten* what is this "cold" malarkey, now I understand why people have a separate winter wardrobe' splurge. Then there was the 'wait, I can wear designer clothes now' splurge.

Help, help, I think I've become a fashion victim... :s
    Same!!! lol I need a bigger closet :blush:

Thredup.com for some of your least favorite new items to make space in your closet.
    edited March 2019