Options
1581582583584585587»

Replies

• mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,223 Member
    edited May 23
    Options
    mkksemail wrote: »
    No one told me about the huge amount of conflicting advice that is available online regarding weightloss.

LOL ... but, right!?! *no* joke on that score!! What did you choose?
    Hi fat, or low fat?
    High protein, or low protein?
    Carnivore, or Vegan?
    Snacks every 2 hours, or Time Restricted Eating?
    Mediterranean, or Pescatarian?
    I can't even think of the other choices right now. lol

Oh, track WW points, carbs, fibers, protein grabs, ounces of water, mg of sodium, something else?

There are experts that says that the key to weightloss is CICO (Calories in Calories Out) but there are also experts (I think the most famous now is Dr Jason Fung) that says that it is not feasible because our body will get used to the calorie deficit and then cancel it out eventually. He recommends intermittent fasting instead.

I tried the 16/8 intermittent fasting but I couldn't do it. While others reported higher energy levels, more focus and whatnot. My body started shaking due to low blood sugar at around the 12-hour mark. I couldn't focus on doing anything.

My diet at the current moment is protein (50%), carbs (30%) and Fats (20%) and at about 500 caloric deficit (I do not track religiously though). More natural food and less processed food. I didn't follow any specific diet such as keto, carnivore etc.

I eat about 3 times a day. (Again some experts says to eat 5-6 times but some experts say our bodies are not meant to be eating so many times a day. ) hahaha

I walk at least 5000 steps 4 times a week. Light resistance training 3 times a week.

Started at about 88kg in April. Now I am at 81kg. I used to have many health-related problems such as heat rash, heartburn, mild hypertension and snoring. After changing my diet, surprisingly most of it is gone. My BP has gone down from 145 to 130.

Honestly, I just follow the advice that I am comfortable with. Things that I know I can do long-term and on a consistent basis. I know I cannot avoid carbs because I am Asian. I need my rice and noodles. lol

Ultimately, I just try to listen to my body because everybody is built different.

Inspiring ! Congratulations, and good luck. I laughed with all the experts' competing advice. It really is amazing, the opposite advices you get. BTW, just to throw more 'advice' into the mix ;-), I read recently that 16:8 or 14:10 IF was not recommended other than as a short-term 'reboot', as it could have negative cardiovascular outcomes after awhile. But Circadian 12:12 Time Restricted Eating IF was recommended :).
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,789 Member
    Options
    --

Hi @windsorlisa welcome to the boards!

Doing this won’t bookmark a thread for you on MFP.

To bookmark a thread, scroll to the top and click the flag to turn it blue. Then any new posts will show up when you click your profile pic while in the community area.

o8313ggvc936.jpeg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!