Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• lleeann2001lleeann2001 Posts: 448Member Member Posts: 448Member Member
    GoodLardy wrote: »
    Teerai wrote: »
    Umm how.come when you lose weight and you look good some people come to you and the FIRST thing they say is "Are you sick?"

Probably because it takes about a year for your face to tighten back up and not have the slight sag that does look like you may just been sick.
    It is the common look after the flu or chemo skin sag.

Also, it happens to be that some people are sick and are offended when they are congratulated on looking better when they are actually dying. A coworker lost a ton Of weight, we all hoorayed for her and with her, and turns out she had major liver disease and was dead in a few months.

That's horribla
  • lleeann2001lleeann2001 Posts: 448Member Member Posts: 448Member Member
    @TheRedQueen1981 when I glanced at your picture I though of Barbara Streisand.
  • TheRedQueen1981TheRedQueen1981 Posts: 236Member, Premium Member Posts: 236Member, Premium Member
    @TheRedQueen1981 when I glanced at your picture I though of Barbara Streisand.
    Hmm, interesting haha. Not someone I’ve ever been compared to before but I’ll take it as a compliment. I am a singer so there’s that haha. :)
  • Liamsm0mLiamsm0m Posts: 102Member Member Posts: 102Member Member
    ammoes wrote: »
    Being cold all the time!! It will be nice in summer :)
    Reducing a bra-size! As a person who had a breast reduction, that was unexpected.
    Reduce my snoring, even if I only lost 10kg.
    More energy!
    Sleep better.

As someone that had a breast reduction myself, I completely relate. After it was done my doctor told me very sweetly that if I wanted to go down even lower (I did but he took me as far down as he legally could) I would just have to lose about 10lbs. I wasn’t even that overweight yet... a little fluff. But it’s true. My breasts is where I lose it first and I don’t mind at all 😂