Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• solieco1solieco1 Posts: 1,269Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,269Member, Premium Member
    smiliekiwi wrote: »

She sounds like a real peach.[/quote]
    She is ... just she’s never had a weight problem. ( only keeping it on ). So she has no idea :/

[/quote]

I understand, my mom is much the same way. She tries to be understanding though :)
  • BattyKnitterBattyKnitter Posts: 502Member Member Posts: 502Member Member
    That you will get cold much more easily and quickly. I went from 144 to 119 (though currently 122 and I’m working to get back to 119) and I cannot believe how much more easily I get cold. I know it’s because I lost a lot of my insulation. But still. I didn’t expect this.

And just how good you’re going to feel the first time you can fit into an extra small. I was so happy when I tried on and fit into a Banana Republic shirt that’s an extra small. I did buy it.

A lot of the cold comes from eating in a deficit rather than actual body fat (it has an impact, just not as significant). Having a "diet break" and going to maintenance always warms me right up, no matter where I am with my weight.

I guess what I'm saying is, don't worry, it might not always be this bad!

Hopefully being in deficit and 40 lbs down that happens to me this summer, I'm always so miserable in the heat!
  • RelCanonicalRelCanonical Posts: 2,450Member Member Posts: 2,450Member Member
    That you will get cold much more easily and quickly. I went from 144 to 119 (though currently 122 and I’m working to get back to 119) and I cannot believe how much more easily I get cold. I know it’s because I lost a lot of my insulation. But still. I didn’t expect this.

And just how good you’re going to feel the first time you can fit into an extra small. I was so happy when I tried on and fit into a Banana Republic shirt that’s an extra small. I did buy it.

A lot of the cold comes from eating in a deficit rather than actual body fat (it has an impact, just not as significant). Having a "diet break" and going to maintenance always warms me right up, no matter where I am with my weight.

I guess what I'm saying is, don't worry, it might not always be this bad!

Hopefully being in deficit and 40 lbs down that happens to me this summer, I'm always so miserable in the heat!

I started deficit eating around May last year and I think it helped a lot, even though I had not lost a whole lot yet! I didn't have to turn on the a/c as much except during the hottest days.