What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    arditarose wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Nobody told my wife that she'd just have to wear her panties down around her knees once her husband lost weight and got all fit and stuff...

Dude. Ha.

I'm sort of hoping this happens for me lol! (except I'm the one losing weight, hubby is just fine, I don't know why his comment got kicked. There's nothing wrong with wanting to be wanted by your spouse, I mean get real)
  • Lacey0903
    Lacey0903 Posts: 40 Member
    Candylou11 wrote: »
    Having to deal with too large of rings. I lost my engagement ring that goes with my wedding band but luckily I found it. have these ugly silicone covers on the back so they don't fall off. Don't want to size them till I am where I want to be.

I had this issue. I didn't want to wear wear those covers so I got a correctly sized, stackable, anniversary band that I wear in front of my engagement and wedding rings. That way I can resize them when I am ready and feel good about it.

I just put hot glue on the inside of my band. It took me a few tries to get it right. You can't see it & I can't feel it. I'm curious how long it will last before it peels out but I figured it was worth a try. I hate those ring snuggie/noodle things.
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    G33K_G1RL wrote: »
    kuwick1230 wrote: »
    That moment when you pull out your drivers license and realize that for the first time in years you actually weigh less than what's printed on the card!!

They put your weight on your licence really that bloody invasive

They don't put your weight on your licence? Where are you from? I'm Canadian, and that's standard. No sarcasm intended, just curious?

I'm also Canadian and no weight on my licence, only height. It's provincial so I guess different provinces, different standards :)

Huh. Albertan, and it's right there below my hair colour. Fortunately it's in Kilo's!!

Speaking of my license, now that I'm looking at it. . . . I need a new picture. Holy Cow!! Nobody told me I'd look forward to getting a new license picture!!
  • christina135
    christina135 Posts: 8 Member
    That losing weight and being thinner won't make you instantly happier.

That losing weight makes you a LOT colder in the winter!
  • GabinkaP
    GabinkaP Posts: 188 Member
    When we have to do fast food (yeah, sometimes we do because we're on the road), I insist on Taco Bell. Relatively simple ingredients, lower calories, and yummy taste (Dorito Loco Nacho Taco for me) and fairly low cost. Not great but not as bad as some. I definitely stay away from Burger King. I once looked at their nutrition information back during my first diet. They were horrendously high in calories, higher than McDonald's by a LOT. Never ate another Whopper Jr, etc, from there again.
  • sybabe35
    sybabe35 Posts: 99 Member
    That losing weight and being thinner won't make you instantly happier.

That losing weight makes you a LOT colder in the winter!

Both are so true! The first comment is definitely harder to fix! I had to work on a lot of emotional issues that caused me to gain the weight in the first place...and then un-learn the bad habits since it got ingrained in me of eating unhealthy! Double the work! But I think it will be worth it!
  • sybabe35
    I love this thread it has made me aware of things I was in denial about: the knees, rings, seeing yourself and not realizing its you, realizing none of your clothes fit and your work "friends" have let you walk around for weeks like a little girl playing dress up in her mother's clothes, not knowing your clothing size or your eye/mind not seeing the change so you buy the wrong size, the cost of alterations, the amazement when you realize you have gone from a really tight size 20W to size 10 and wondering when that happened.... But most of all being thankful to find you under all the weight

I'm glad there is someone else out there that ends up wearing baggy clothes without realizing! Some of my shorts made my rear look flat or have none at all! I didn't even notice it until it started falling off of me!
  • ckfox95
    ckfox95 Posts: 73 Member
    When Hubby found himself laughing at me because my underwear was litterally falling down. Until that point I hadn't even realized. Then just the other day while trying to find some new clothing automatically going to my old size which of course, are too large. I didn't know what size I should even be looking in anymore haha. It's all good!
  • rhianna818 wrote: »
    kuwick1230 wrote: »
    That moment when you pull out your drivers license and realize that for the first time in years you actually weigh less than what's printed on the card!!

They put your weight on your licence really that bloody invasive

They don't put your weight on your licence? Where are you from? I'm Canadian, and that's standard. No sarcasm intended, just curious?

TX here. And no weight listed. But I did live in Louisiana and they put it on there.

Ontario, Canada here...only height, no weight on my licence! My passport yes..but not licence.
  • sybabe35
    North Carolina here, and no weight on my license! My old picture is still on there though, but my license expires next year so I'll have something to look forward to (kind of).
  • chaos2k
    chaos2k Posts: 33 Member
    I feel better than I have in 20 years. I just hit my 60lbs goal yesterday. only complaint is I'm alot more cold these days especially frozen fingers.
    I put up a blog post with some before and after pics and more info
    http://brianboudreauphotography.com/in-the-news/day-200-and-60lbs-lighter/
  • justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    chaos2k wrote: »
    I feel better than I have in 20 years. I just hit my 60lbs goal yesterday. only complaint is I'm alot more cold these days especially frozen fingers.
    I put up a blog post with some before and after pics and more info
    http://brianboudreauphotography.com/in-the-news/day-200-and-60lbs-lighter/

Fantastic! Great job. :)
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    GabinkaP wrote: »
    I definitely stay away from Burger King. I once looked at their nutrition information back during my first diet. They were horrendously high in calories, higher than McDonald's by a LOT. Never ate another Whopper Jr, etc, from there again.

When I get fast food, I almost always get Burger King. A Whopper Jr. w/o cheese or mayo is 240 calories, whereas a McDonald's hamburger, the little one, is 250, and every other sandwich at McDonald's has a lot more calories. On the Whopper Jr., you get tomato, lettuce and sliced onion, too, and, though it is small and was a bit hard to get used to after eating full-size Whoppers all my life, I have found this to be a satisfying, low-calorie meal when I am out and about and need to eat something. Pair it with an unsweetened iced tea and I am all set. :)

• CherieQ72
    CherieQ72 Posts: 14 Member
    [/quote]Huh. Albertan, and it's right there below my hair colour. Fortunately it's in Kilo's!!

Speaking of my license, now that I'm looking at it. . . . I need a new picture. Holy Cow!! Nobody told me I'd look forward to getting a new license picture!![/quote]

Me too! I'm getting a new picture in August!! Totally resonable amount of time to reach my goal. Woot!
  • ljparsons08
    ljparsons08 Posts: 28 Member
    Most of these (if not all) have probably been mentioned before, but:

- Cold. So very very cold all of the time. Just the other day I was wondering why I was so cold compared to last year and then I realised ''oh yeah, I lost >25lbs since then!''
    - All my rings are too big. And not just mine but my late mum's (and nan's) as well, which makes me a little sad. I don't want to have them resized because some are quite fragile and they remind me of my mum's hands, but I wish I could wear them at times.
    - lying on my side my knees touching is very uncomfortable. Who'd have thought I'd ever have knobbly knees!
    - Sitting on hard surfaces. Ouch.
    - Went down a shoe size. That was weird.
    - My bf likes picking me up and the first time I was like ''noooo you'll break your back!'' but he didn't of course as I was a lot lighter irl than I was in my mind. I've lost more weight since then and he still likes picking me up and I still have that initial reaction.
    - I clasp my hands all the time because my hands/fingers are so much thinner. I probably look like an evil genius/like I'm praying all the time but it just feels so funny!

You should put the rings on a necklace so you can still keep them with you. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!