What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• KatFru
    KatFru Posts: 18 Member
    These are all so great! I can't wait to add my own!
  • jlturner386
    jlturner386 Posts: 65 Member
    I have gone down to a size 4 in the last year and I am having a hard time finding clothes that fit. Either they do not stock that size, or it gets picked clean as soon as new clothes go in . . . I am not sure. But I've been trying to find new pants for months, and I haven't yet found one that fits.

Speaking of pants and how they fit, apparently women's pants are not currently made for someone with a 10" difference between hips and waist. Anything I find that fits my hips gaps at the waist by several inches. I wish I knew what the manufacturers were using as standards.

I have always had this peoblem. Even at 200lbs I had a 12 inch hip to waist difference. I found the brand amethyst and ariya are made just for this problem.
  • sybabe35
    sybabe35 Posts: 99 Member
    Most of these (if not all) have probably been mentioned before, but:

- Cold. So very very cold all of the time. Just the other day I was wondering why I was so cold compared to last year and then I realised ''oh yeah, I lost >25lbs since then!''
    - All my rings are too big. And not just mine but my late mum's (and nan's) as well, which makes me a little sad. I don't want to have them resized because some are quite fragile and they remind me of my mum's hands, but I wish I could wear them at times.
    - lying on my side my knees touching is very uncomfortable. Who'd have thought I'd ever have knobbly knees!
    - Sitting on hard surfaces. Ouch.
    - Went down a shoe size. That was weird.
    - My bf likes picking me up and the first time I was like ''noooo you'll break your back!'' but he didn't of course as I was a lot lighter irl than I was in my mind. I've lost more weight since then and he still likes picking me up and I still have that initial reaction.
    - I clasp my hands all the time because my hands/fingers are so much thinner. I probably look like an evil genius/like I'm praying all the time but it just feels so funny!

I recently noticed me clapping my hands and rubbing them, especially at excited moments. Then I catch myself and I'm aware of what I'm doing...and I think to myself that I look like an evil villain coming up with an evil plan!

• Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    KaiUneeda wrote: »
    At the time I was happy I got to renew my drivers license with my old photo. I thought it would be a good conversation starter. It was...years and years of the same conversation. You might not believe it, but telling people your weight loss story can get old. I did leave my wallet on the counter at a restaurant once. The worker could not find me using my photo so she just called out my name. When I responded the look on her face was priceless.

Telling the weight loss story does get old sometimes, especially when my one friend likes to tell everyone and ask me to show them my before and after picture. I know she does it because she is proud of me, but it doesn't define me. Everyone I meet now does not need to know everything about me.

Then there are times that I enjoy talking about it, when I feel someone is truly interest because they are trying to change their life.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    anbrdr wrote: »
    Holy crap... I thought the first time I ran a non-stop mile was a pretty good high.
    Then I ran (with no slow-downs) my first 5k this week. I was on a high for a few hours from that!

Recently been there and did both of these things! I know that feeling! Congratulations!

• bushy_brownies
    bushy_brownies Posts: 6 Member
    Most of these (if not all) have probably been mentioned before, but:

- Cold. So very very cold all of the time. Just the other day I was wondering why I was so cold compared to last year and then I realised ''oh yeah, I lost >25lbs since then!''

So much this. I was freezing the other day and couldn't believe it was only 75.

• LoreA1960
    LoreA1960 Posts: 107 Member
    I'm having issues being uncomfortable sitting. Since I've lost 77 pounds for some reason my butt irritates me. I don't know how to explain it.

• ScrAgnX
    ScrAgnX Posts: 368 Member
    LoreA1960 wrote: »
    I'm having issues being uncomfortable sitting. Since I've lost 77 pounds for some reason my butt irritates me. I don't know how to explain it.

I switched to a standing desk because sitting was uncomfortable.
  • katekams
    katekams Posts: 22 Member
    Morgaen73 wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Nobody told my wife that she'd just have to wear her panties down around her knees once her husband lost weight and got all fit and stuff...

whaahahahaaaa awesome

I love it too :)
  • katekams
    stealthq wrote: »
    The way your goals change - from just wanting to lose enough to get in an acceptable range, to wanting what left of you to look fit and not soft, to wanting to see if you can squat more than your body weight or run a half marathon. Just 'cause.

One thing I'm not thrilled about is how lean my arms have gotten. If I'm cold, you can't really tell, but if I'm warm at all, the veins start a-poppin'. When I do upper body lifts, they look like an anatomy drawing of the vascular system.

And when you've maintained your success for a while ... having the people that spouted the popular diet nonsense at you come back and ask for advice. Taking you seriously this time.

As for the second one (veins) just so you know - some people find it really, really, REALLY sexy :smile: Let's take me for an example :wink:
  • dusjujr
    dusjujr Posts: 160 Member
    aarar wrote: »
    There is no finish line. I'm 3 years in (2 years maintenance) and know that I can go back to my old self at any time. I still have to wake up with the same drive and motivation that I had in those first couple weeks of weight loss.

I totally agree with you on that!!
  • katekams
    The fact that eating all this wonderful healthy food gives you GAS! All I do is FART and it smells HORRIBLE!....Cmon I cant be the only one LOL

You are not :smiley:
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,148 Member

I'm currently sitting on a pillow on my computer chair. Less shifting that way. And being able to actually feel my tailbone weirds me out. I always knew it was there, but it took 51 years to get acquainted with it.
  • Amfw
    Amfw Posts: 3 Member
    No one tells you that hats that did not fit before will fit now. I ain't makin this ish up!! Apparently I carried weight from the top of my head to the tips of my toes!
  • peoplegreet1
    peoplegreet1 Posts: 69 Member
    The satisfaction I get when I go to the store and can fit in regular clothes. Size 16P but it's more normal than size 24 close when nothing fits and have to go to speciality stores.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!