I need clean eating motivation and friends!

Options

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    The thing is, everyone's standard for food is not the same, and I think that's why people on both sides aren't going to understand. What someone may think of as being fine to eat someone else may consider "bad" to eat. I mean, there were a couple instances I had 70% dark chocolate at breakfast. It wasn't even that much (less than an ounce), but a couple people (not on MFP) that knew I ate that thought that I shouldn't be doing that at breakfast.
    The only food that is bad, is rotten food.

I like sauerkraut... basically fermented, rotten cabbage.

:)
    This made me laugh!
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    CignaSi wrote: »
    Look people..she stated she needed inspirational clean eating friends since that is her goal. Insulting her for not being like you says more about you, then her. Let's lift up, and not knock down. We are all in this together with different goals. If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all. It is counterproductive to this site's goal, which is to help one another.

i guess you missed the part where she blasted someones food diary for having cookie dough in it...

Right? I ate cheesecake for breakfast yesterday. I'm totally a failure, and sabotaging everyone with my choices ;)

Oh no cheesecake! (What kind and where's the pictures??)!

It was a tiramisu/cheesecake fusion thing. It was INCREDIBLE. It was one slice of this, (stashed in the freezer to hide it from hubby) leftover from Valentine's Day:
    yuvkvycsynrz.jpg
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    The thing is, everyone's standard for food is not the same, and I think that's why people on both sides aren't going to understand. What someone may think of as being fine to eat someone else may consider "bad" to eat. I mean, there were a couple instances I had 70% dark chocolate at breakfast. It wasn't even that much (less than an ounce), but a couple people (not on MFP) that knew I ate that thought that I shouldn't be doing that at breakfast.

I like salami
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

i guess you still don't get it..

food is not good or bad, so there is no need to assign a moralistic value to it.

food is just energy that fuels your body, period, end of story.

But all food is not created equally and some is more healthier than other.

Food choice has everything to do with a healthy diet.

Now weight loss and body comp, that has less to do with food choice.

Weight loss - purely calories.

Body comp - macros.

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Look people..she stated she needed inspirational clean eating friends since that is her goal. Insulting her for not being like you says more about you, then her. Let's lift up, and not knock down. We are all in this together with different goals. If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all. It is counterproductive to this site's goal, which is to help one another.

i guess you missed the part where she blasted someones food diary for having cookie dough in it...

Right? I ate cheesecake for breakfast yesterday. I'm totally a failure, and sabotaging everyone with my choices ;)

It was a tiramisu/cheesecake fusion thing. It was INCREDIBLE. It was one slice of this, (stashed in the freezer to hide it from hubby) leftover from Valentine's Day:
    yuvkvycsynrz.jpg

Oh if that's a failure, I will gladly fail!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

I like salami
    I like the salami too!!! :wink:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

food is not good or bad, so there is no need to assign a moralistic value to it.

Body comp - macros.

so you are saying that 100 calories of twinkies does not equal 100 calories of green beans?

I have never once argued against the bolded part.
  • ndj1979
    Options

yuvkvycsynrz.jpg

banned for posting dirty food pictures….!
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options

Body comp - macros.
    I think you and I are on the same page here.

• GiveMeCoffee
    Options

Body comp - macros.

You two make a good match!
  • tennisdude2004
    Options

Body comp - macros.

Thanks! I'm sure we will be very happy together!

• ndj1979
    Options

Body comp - macros.

maybe they will get married and we can have an MFP wedding...
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options

Body comp - macros.

Just please no breeding :) I wish you both well
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options

Body comp - macros.

maybe they will get married and we can have an MFP wedding...

THAT falls under TMI!
  • tennisdude2004
    Options

Body comp - macros.

so you are saying that 100 calories of twinkies does not equal 100 calories of green beans?

I'm saying a hundred calories from green beans is healthier than 100 calories from twinkies.

I thought it was quite clear what I was saying?

• tennisdude2004
    Options

Body comp - macros.

Hey what we choose to get up to is of no business of yours.

I'm sure whatever we get up to will be defined as 'clean'

• ndj1979
    Options

Body comp - macros.

I'm saying a hundred calories from green beans is healthier than 100 calories from twinkies.

define "healthy"

if I eat both and hit my calorie/micro/macro target for the day then what does it matter?

no, you are never clear; or you are just being intentionally unclear…my guess is the later...
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Body comp - macros.

And I say...absent context...your statement is wrong...or at least not necessarily true.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options

Body comp - macros.

Here's my gift for the happy couple:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1zXrXSCmIrMDOJIRr6xZcMDo2W_kYrcdf8wdMfvKA-32Atj85
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options

Body comp - macros.

i0lgg2124s56.gif