I need clean eating motivation and friends!

Options

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »
    I'm trying to follow along with this thread... I really am. But...

giphy.gif

... is that a seizure?
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    dumpster-garbage-fire-gif.gif

Too soon?

Too late!!! page one, second response!

seh6p.gif
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »
    Femisfit wrote: »
    runner475 wrote: »
    snikkins wrote: »
    runner475 wrote: »
    J72FIT wrote: »
    Just think how pissed off the "clean eaters" are going to be 20 - 40 years from now (or whatever number gets them to the golden years) when they realize, it was all for nothing...

Actually you are wrong here. I'll explain why - once we leave certain foods from our diet we pretty much don't care about them.

I stopped eating ice cream when I was I think 14 - 15 years old. I would get severe chest congestion. The doc asked me to stop eating it for some time because they wanted to pin point the cause of these flares. Ice cream was the reason.

Anyway fast forward to 2015, I don't miss it one bit. It's been 28 years I haven't eaten ice cream.

I think most people would argue that giving up something for a medical reason isn't quite the same as giving up something because of the arbitrary "bad" label applied.

In any event, glad you figured out what the problem was!

Please refer to my response above. The question here is not about "bad food", "medical reasons", "clean whaatever". My response was to this statement
    Just think how pissed off the "clean eaters" are going to be 20 - 40 years from now (or whatever number gets them to the golden years) when they realize, it was all for nothing...

EDTA : Just to be clear where I stand w.r.t this thread. I don't think it was nice on OP's part to come to public forum and judge their friend's food diary to the world.

It was a made up situation actually. No friend has done that regularly. Sooo

Epic backpedal attempt.
    And I don't believe you.

I swear I have gotten bingo like 5 times in this dumpster fire of a thread, and I can't believe it hasn't been shut down yet.
    But I have also got some awesome gifs and a recipe for diabeetus cups, so that's a win.

Well. .. My job here is done.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I swear, this thread is proof that some of ya'll on mfp are bullies. SMH.

I got bingo!

Me too! I swear this is the only community (IRL and on the interwebz) in which I've (occasionally) been branded a "bully". I'm a straight shooter, plain and straightfoward in my delivery as to not be misunderstood. That is NOT bullying--that's no BS talking, something of which people (mostly, except for a few here, apparently) find refreshing and empowering.
  • coffeegirl
    coffeegirl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Right now I am struggling with recipies but continue to make the same boring recipies over and over again when cooking. Help!!
  • Eudoxy
    Eudoxy Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »
    Eudoxy wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    The thing is, everyone's standard for food is not the same, and I think that's why people on both sides aren't going to understand. What someone may think of as being fine to eat someone else may consider "bad" to eat. I mean, there were a couple instances I had 70% dark chocolate at breakfast. It wasn't even that much (less than an ounce), but a couple people (not on MFP) that knew I ate that thought that I shouldn't be doing that at breakfast.

i guess you still don't get it..

food is not good or bad, so there is no need to assign a moralistic value to it.

food is just energy that fuels your body, period, end of story.

Trans fats are bad.

Correction, artificial trans fats are bad, natural occurring ones are not...

what's the difference between artificial and natural? I thought trans fat was just trans fat, in any form.

There are naturally occurring trans fats in meat and dairy, they're fine. But when people refer to trans fats they're generally talking about the artificial ones (hydrogenated oils) that are in packaged pastries and fast foods, etc...
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    ah ok. Thanks :)
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    bw_conway wrote: »
    Clean eating / healthy eating, as I define it, is having high food quality standards and an absence of artificial food additives that exist primarily to prolong the shelf life of the food or make it taste/smell/feel/appear more like food “should be” (as determined by corporate marketing executives). No, this doesn't mean that I don’t consume preservatives, I eat a lot of them, and no, it doesn't mean that I exclusively eat clean, I don’t have the time or discipline required to do that even 60-70% of the time.

I’m not sure why this would offend anyone – it is my body, I will fuel it as I see fit. If your standards are different, great, eat the way you want – if you feel that you are being “judged”, perhaps it is time to reevaluate your standards.

Maybe read the whole thread, this was not her being judged because she wanted to eat clean. But that she could judge those she added as her friends because they choose to eat differently.

Plus as an added bonus we have the do as I say, not as I do person - valiantly defending something she doesn't do.
    Clean eating / healthy eating, as I define it, is having high food quality standards and an absence of artificial food additives that exist primarily to prolong the shelf life of the food or make it taste/smell/feel/appear more like food “should be” (as determined by corporate marketing executives). No, this doesn't mean that I don’t consume preservatives, I eat a lot of them, and no, it doesn't mean that I exclusively eat clean, I don’t have the time or discipline required to do that even 60-70% of the time.

I’m not sure why this would offend anyone – it is my body, I will fuel it as I see fit. If your standards are different, great, eat the way you want – if you feel that you are being “judged”, perhaps it is time to reevaluate your standards.

Maybe read the whole thread, this was not her being judged because she wanted to eat clean. But that she could judge those she added as her friends because they choose to eat differently.

Requesting “clean eating only” friends is offensive ? Do you get offended by threads where people are looking for maintenance friends, friends that want to lose 50lbs in 2015, crossfit friends, IIFYM friends, Christian friends, fit mommies, Canadians friends, etc? Each of those is also exclusionary.

pretty sure that asking for only christian friends is against the forum rules. canadians might be too.
  • Aviva92
    Options
    This thread earns and official lolcats.

tumblr_lo44g7GdjO1qklrlso1_500.gif

that is mean. why are they making the kittens do that?
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Aviva92 wrote: »

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

giphy.gif
  • Aviva92
    Options
    Daiako wrote: »
    Daiako wrote: »
    I had cookie dough for breakfast.

It was delicious.

Just wanted to share.

you have been judged a dirty eater...yield, and accept the consequences...

...spankings?

No?

Oh.

Awkward. Never mind me then. *whistles*

Nope, you get banned to Cleanatoria, where all there is to eat is chicken, rice, and vegetables...forever...

LOL

chicken sucks
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I swear, this thread is proof that some of ya'll on mfp are bullies. SMH.

I got bingo!

Me too! I swear this is the only community (IRL and on the interwebz) in which I've (occasionally) been branded a "bully". I'm a straight shooter, plain and straightfoward in my delivery as to not be misunderstood. That is NOT bullying--that's no BS talking, something of which people (mostly, except for a few here, apparently) find refreshing and empowering.

People call me a troll because I don't validate.

It's just a lot of QQ. This community is a mess, and there's too much validating, but you know. This is what people want.
  • Aviva92
    edited February 2015
    Options
    snikkins wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    So I know I'm pages behind on this, but after snooping through @lemurcat12 's food diary, what on earth is a veggie chili protein bar, and does it really weigh 16oz??

Heh, I kind of want to make something up (new Quest flavor, super dense!), but yeah, just a restaurant. Sometimes I'm good about bringing lunch, not always.

For the record, today was kind of a disaster (but an enjoyable one)! Hope no one is starting a thread about my Giordano's work lunch.

I've never had Chicago pizza but several friends are from there and love Giordano's... and then I found out my mom had 2 shipped here (CA), and I didn't know! I feel sorta betrayed. The way everyone goes on about it, I NEED this pizza!

There is something about Giordano's pizza that makes me extremely ill. I thought it was a fluke the first time i visited chicago and ate it. My stomach blew up to 5 times it's size and I had horrific gass all weekend. Then I went to chicago again 3 years later and had one teeny tiny slice of Giordano's pizza and the SAME DAMN THING happened again. I will never eat that devil food again. I don't know what's in it, but it really disagrees with me.

I'm fine with all new york pizza and any other pizza I've ever eaten though, just not giordanos. Don't know about deep dish from other chicago places, but I'm not chancing that either. Proceed with caution.
  • Aviva92
    Options

giphy.gif

:cry: why???????????? i hope that looks worse than it is.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

giphy.gif

some people find horrible things amusing...

• ljallen2000
    ljallen2000 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Take a look at the frozen tamales from a company called "Amy's Kitchen". They have a long list of ingredients and your grandma would recognize all of them. And, they taste good!
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

giphy.gif

some people find horrible things amusing...

Haha, I wouldn't worry too much. Like herrspoons said, cats have very flexible spines. Plus this kitty is sleeping through this torture, so it can't be too bad.