I need clean eating motivation and friends!

Options

Replies

• Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Aviva92 wrote: »
    This thread earns and official lolcats.

tumblr_lo44g7GdjO1qklrlso1_500.gif

that is mean. why are they making the kittens do that?

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

giphy.gif

:cry: why???????????? i hope that looks worse than it is.

some people find horrible things amusing...

Haha, I wouldn't worry too much. Like herrspoons said, cats have very flexible spines. Plus this kitty is sleeping through this torture, so it can't be too bad.

It's fine, that kitten will get plenty of revenge as soon as the owner leaves the bathroom door open and the toilet paper dangling low enough.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Jolinia wrote: »
    This thread earns and official lolcats.

tumblr_lo44g7GdjO1qklrlso1_500.gif

that is mean. why are they making the kittens do that?

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

giphy.gif

:cry: why???????????? i hope that looks worse than it is.

some people find horrible things amusing...

Haha, I wouldn't worry too much. Like herrspoons said, cats have very flexible spines. Plus this kitty is sleeping through this torture, so it can't be too bad.

It's fine, that kitten will get plenty of revenge as soon as the owner leaves the bathroom door open and the toilet paper dangling low enough.

This is correct.

Source: am owner of two cats.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    bw_conway wrote: »
    Clean eating / healthy eating, as I define it, is having high food quality standards and an absence of artificial food additives that exist primarily to prolong the shelf life of the food or make it taste/smell/feel/appear more like food “should be” (as determined by corporate marketing executives). No, this doesn't mean that I don’t consume preservatives, I eat a lot of them, and no, it doesn't mean that I exclusively eat clean, I don’t have the time or discipline required to do that even 60-70% of the time.

I’m not sure why this would offend anyone – it is my body, I will fuel it as I see fit. If your standards are different, great, eat the way you want – if you feel that you are being “judged”, perhaps it is time to reevaluate your standards.

Maybe read the whole thread, this was not her being judged because she wanted to eat clean. But that she could judge those she added as her friends because they choose to eat differently.

Plus as an added bonus we have the do as I say, not as I do person - valiantly defending something she doesn't do.
    Clean eating / healthy eating, as I define it, is having high food quality standards and an absence of artificial food additives that exist primarily to prolong the shelf life of the food or make it taste/smell/feel/appear more like food “should be” (as determined by corporate marketing executives). No, this doesn't mean that I don’t consume preservatives, I eat a lot of them, and no, it doesn't mean that I exclusively eat clean, I don’t have the time or discipline required to do that even 60-70% of the time.

I’m not sure why this would offend anyone – it is my body, I will fuel it as I see fit. If your standards are different, great, eat the way you want – if you feel that you are being “judged”, perhaps it is time to reevaluate your standards.

Maybe read the whole thread, this was not her being judged because she wanted to eat clean. But that she could judge those she added as her friends because they choose to eat differently.

Requesting “clean eating only” friends is offensive ? Do you get offended by threads where people are looking for maintenance friends, friends that want to lose 50lbs in 2015, crossfit friends, IIFYM friends, Christian friends, fit mommies, Canadians friends, etc? Each of those is also exclusionary.

pretty sure that asking for only christian friends is against the forum rules. canadians might be too.

Yeah, maybe the religious one, but I see all kinds of regional ones (looking for English, Ohio, Chicago friends, etc) on MFP. If one isn't from that region, but dislikes that region, it would be a hack move to post a bunch of derogatory comments about the OP.
  • SkinnyJeans31
    SkinnyJeans31 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    OMG I do it all the time. Not every day, but sometimes I just feel like eating junk the whole day...so i do that and then get back on track of healthy food. Nothing wrong with that. I used to do weighwatchers and hated when people gave me looks when i walked into the weekly meeting with a cup of iced latte from Starbucks. I think everyone can allow themselves some slack and they can make their choice on what they can splurge and what they can give up.
  • dragthewaters
    dragthewaters Posts: 62 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Collectively, this is the dumbest thread I have ever seen on any forum.

Who cares if she didn't literally have a friend on MFP who ate cookie dough for lunch? Are people really unfamiliar with the concept of a hypothetical example?
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I had foie gras ice cream last night, and it was amazing.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    I had foie gras ice cream last night, and it was amazing.

This is definitely on my bucket list.
  • dbmata
    Options
    I want more. So, I'll have to figure out how to make it. I have a solid idea already.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    I want more. So, I'll have to figure out how to make it. I have a solid idea already.

I've never actually had foie gras, except I think it was involved on a hot dog I had in Chicago once.

I've always wanted to try it. Not sure if my Publix would have it, haha!
  • dbmata
    Options
    Probably wouldn't have it.

Worth hunting up though.
  • dbmata
    Options
    BTW, does anyone know how much you would have to earn to be granted a Barony?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

I've never actually had foie gras, except I think it was involved on a hot dog I had in Chicago once.

I have at some higher end restaurants..it was good ..
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    BTW, does anyone know how much you would have to earn to be granted a Barony?

Dr_-Evil-One-Million-Dollars.png
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

Closest thing we get here in the south is fried chicken livers.

Now I kind of want some of those...
  • dbmata
    Options
    dat it?

challenge-accepted-barney-5619.jpeg
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options

I went to a French Culinary School. We made quite a few things with foie gras and each of those things were stupidly delicious. Would love to hear your ideas on how to make the ice cream. :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

there are a couple of French restaurants in the area where I live that have it...
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options

there are a couple of French restaurants in the area where I live that have it...

Interdasting...I really should get out and explore more.

I feel like I need foie gras in my life.
  • dbmata
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »

I went to a French Culinary School. We made quite a few things with foie gras and each of those things were stupidly delicious. Would love to hear your ideas on how to make the ice cream. :)
    I wanted to go to a french one... I just had a french chef at the one I went to who liked to yell at people and punch you in the head while you were working. lol.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »

I wanted to go to a french one... I just had a french chef at the one I went to who liked to yell at people and punch you in the head while you were working. lol.

Hahaha... that sounds about right actually. :)