I need clean eating motivation and friends!

Options

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    yup. lol.

So the thought is to make a custard base, no vanilla, just a basic cream base, and then add 15% rendered foie gras fat. I think that's probably a safe place to start from.

Let sit 24 hours in the fridge, then hit it with an ice cream maker or liquid nitrogen. Pretty basic, but that cream base is the challenge. The texture was nearer a thick chantilly.

It can't have be that challenge, just need to get my dewar filled.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    Probably just a demonstration of the flexion in a cat's spine, which is pretty awesome and why they are so bloody quick.

oh, okay. i was thinking it probably wasn't as bad as it looks.
  • Aviva92
    Options
    I stayed up until 2 am last night just to read this thread. So not worth it. I'm so tired right now!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Aviva92 wrote: »
    This thread earns and official lolcats.

tumblr_lo44g7GdjO1qklrlso1_500.gif

that is mean. why are they making the kittens do that?

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

giphy.gif

:cry: why???????????? i hope that looks worse than it is.

But how else would you be able to fit that kitten in your pocket if you didn't fold it in half first?
  • laurahickman14
    laurahickman14 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    One step at a time - looking to make more friends and share lots of motivation and tips with you all - the more friends the happier!
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    This thread earns and official lolcats.

tumblr_lo44g7GdjO1qklrlso1_500.gif

that is mean. why are they making the kittens do that?

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

giphy.gif

:cry: why???????????? i hope that looks worse than it is.

But how else would you be able to fit that kitten in your pocket if you didn't fold it in half first?

This is the most important question in this thread and needs to be answered by someone with more kitten knowledge than I.
  • jessupbrady
    jessupbrady Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Just don't sit down....
    enhanced-buzz-31843-1383057978-46.jpg
  • CherylynBen
    CherylynBen Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    People are accountable for their own actions. Some lose weight one way, others do it another. Whatever works for you is your choice. I decided to eat healthier for, well, my health. But I indulge. I have bad days. Sometimes, I have a bad week. I'm human. Everyone here is. Deprivation will only lead to failure. I try and eat more fruits and veggies and I have succeeded in that. Now, I'm trying to cut down on my salt intake. Maybe next, I'll try with carbs. I adjust and see what works for me. I still eat pizza. I still have a donut sometimes. We are all here because we have a love/hate relationship with food. It's awesome to eat clean and it's awesome if you want a bowl of cocoa pebbles for dinner. I don't think the original intent of the message was to belittle, even if it sounded that way. Losing weight is important and being healthy is important. I wouldn't recommend cookie dough or pizza for lunch every day, but hey, if the mood strikes once in a while, I say, go for it!!
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    BTW, does anyone know how much you would have to earn to be granted a Barony?

Dr_-Evil-One-Million-Dollars.png

I shot Diet Coke out my nose!

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    People are accountable for their own actions. Some lose weight one way, others do it another. Whatever works for you is your choice. I decided to eat healthier for, well, my health. But I indulge. I have bad days. Sometimes, I have a bad week. I'm human. Everyone here is. Deprivation will only lead to failure. I try and eat more fruits and veggies and I have succeeded in that. Now, I'm trying to cut down on my salt intake. Maybe next, I'll try with carbs. I adjust and see what works for me. I still eat pizza. I still have a donut sometimes. We are all here because we have a love/hate relationship with food. It's awesome to eat clean and it's awesome if you want a bowl of cocoa pebbles for dinner. I don't think the original intent of the message was to belittle, even if it sounded that way. Losing weight is important and being healthy is important. I wouldn't recommend cookie dough or pizza for lunch every day, but hey, if the mood strikes once in a while, I say, go for it!!

See I think the chief difference is that people who aim to eat "clean" (whatever that means to them) often talk about having cheats or bad days or bad weeks. The people who strive for moderation, likely eat the same amount of fruits, vegetables, and lean protein but plan to work in indulgences like wine, ice cream, or whatever they love once their other nutritional needs are met. They don't call it cheating or being bad and as such, I think the food diaries are fairly similar but one group has a healthier, more positive mindset about it.

Also we are not all here because of a love/hate relationship with food. I've never hated food. Well, other than cauliflower and arctic zero ice cream... But those are just vile...

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,951 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »

See I think the chief difference is that people who aim to eat "clean" (whatever that means to them) often talk about having cheats or bad days or bad weeks. The people who strive for moderation, likely eat the same amount of fruits, vegetables, and lean protein but plan to work in indulgences like wine, ice cream, or whatever they love once their other nutritional needs are met. They don't call it cheating or being bad and as such, I think the food diaries are fairly similar but one group has a healthier, more positive mindset about it.

Also we are not all here because of a love/hate relationship with food. I've never hated food. Well, other than cauliflower and arctic zero ice cream... But those are just vile...

Yes yes yes!!!

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »
    Kruggeri wrote: »

You hit the nail on the head once again, my dear.
    I've done the "clean eating/cheat day" thing many times over. Too many rounds of anxiety over food choices and guilt when I would eat something I felt was "bad." I am so much happier this time because I feel like I've finally found balance-because I changed my mindset. And educated myself more about nutrition and calories. And observed some of the successes of a lot of people here, many of whom are now my friends. I'm still a work in progress and always will be.

tumblr_m80dp405kM1qlyw8ro1_500.gif
  • Aviva92
    Options
    We are all here because we have a love/hate relationship with food.

No, not really. I just needed to learn to eat more in moderation. It was easy after I did that. I don't have a love/hate relationship with food and it was never viewed as an addiction for me.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

No, we are not.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options

No, not really. I just needed to learn to eat more in moderation. It was easy after I did that. I don't have a love/hate relationship with food and it was never viewed as an addiction for me.

No, we are not.

these^^^

I am actually quite fond of food :)
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I almost went to a French restaurant once, but then didn't. And this was while staying in Paris
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I love food. I hate that eating too much of it will make me overweight.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I love food. I hate that eating too much of it will make me overweight.

Sing it, sister! :disappointed:
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »
    Once upon a time I gave my friends Diabetes with these Reese Cup, Cookie Dough Brownie Cupcake things I made.

You press store-bought cookie dough to the bottoms of a cupcake tin about 1/4 of the way up. Top with an upside down Reese cup, and then top THAT off with brownie batter (about 3/4 of the way up). Bake for 15-18 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven.

It's heaven.

I can't believe no one has posted this yet...

ro7kqgow3m81.jpg

I personally think the Oreos taste better than Reese cups

ETD: I've heard these referred to as slutty brownies.