A Success Story Of A Different Nature

Options

Replies

• Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Thanks again everyone, is certainly is a different focus, and adjustment, when doing weights, but I love food and eating now, so what better way to make good use of that fuel.
  • dont_give_up
    dont_give_up Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    You have done an amazing job! What a wonderful success story!!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Your arms look so good! I'm glad you have found a way to overcome the ED, and I hope that you are stronger not only physically, but emotionally too. :flowerforyou:
  • breezedaze
    breezedaze Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    as someone who also had some struggles with ED of a different sort..bravo. You look healthy and well and fit and strong...I think you've found your way out :)
  • astrovivi
    astrovivi Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I am so glad I found your original post and this thread.

Wow, go you!!

I also started off with anorexia at the age of 15 and struggled with it for years. My family thought I would die but I overcame it with time. Despite overcoming the psychological aspects of it, I still had bad days when I worried about putting on weight.
    But mostly, I retained some ingrained eating (or not eating) habits, that for years, i didn't quite appreciate were due to the disease.

It took a long time for me to overcome those but I did and it feels so AMAZING to be healthy, fit and strong for the first time since childhood.

Keep going. Don't ever doubt that you are doing the right thing.

I am also on mfp because I'm trying to gain lean muscle mass and it's a long slow process but I've learned patience and I'm enjoying the ride.

You have made my day, my week, my month and possibly my year.

Although the stories of weight loss are always inspiring, I find myself feeling on the outer mostly because I'm a woman trying to gain.

I'm so glad there are others like you out there doing it and doing it successfully!!

Kudos :)
  • kylamaries
    kylamaries Posts: 291
    Options
    Such an inspiration! Thanks for sharing your story! You're very brave for putting that out there and I am so glad to hear you are continuing on your path to recovery. I will keep you in my prayers and your story in my heart! :heart:
  • diamondcricket
    diamondcricket Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! You look amazing, and STRONG! Congratulations on your journey :)
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    I am so glad I found your original post and this thread.

Wow, go you!!

I also started off with anorexia at the age of 15 and struggled with it for years. My family thought I would die but I overcame it with time. Despite overcoming the psychological aspects of it, I still had bad days when I worried about putting on weight.
    But mostly, I retained some ingrained eating (or not eating) habits, that for years, i didn't quite appreciate were due to the disease.

It took a long time for me to overcome those but I did and it feels so AMAZING to be healthy, fit and strong for the first time since childhood.

Keep going. Don't ever doubt that you are doing the right thing.

I am also on mfp because I'm trying to gain lean muscle mass and it's a long slow process but I've learned patience and I'm enjoying the ride.

You have made my day, my week, my month and possibly my year.

Although the stories of weight loss are always inspiring, I find myself feeling on the outer mostly because I'm a woman trying to gain.

I'm so glad there are others like you out there doing it and doing it successfully!!

Kudos :)

What a very lovely reply. I am glad you too are managing to overcome the ED thoughts and issues and are also working towards improving strength and fitness. I pass on the same message you gave me...don't ever go back there, it really does steal away years and years of life and positive experiences. I have missed out on so many opportunities and ruined so many potentially joyous days due to my eating issues, and you just hit a point where enough is enough. We do not get to repeat this life over. Good luck, and keep on keeping on.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Thanks again everyone, is certainly is a different focus, and adjustment, when doing weights, but I love food and eating now, so what better way to make good use of that fuel.

Here is an article I read a while back that you may like.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/hunger-artist/201101/what-weight-lifting-can-do-former-anorexic
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    You might also like to hear about Chelsea's story. Here is her web page: http://www.chelsearoff.com/
  • luisalg14
    luisalg14 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You have done so well to overcome those difficulties. Thanks for sharing your story; it's inspirational!
    I wish you continued success and health!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    You've done so well. This is incredible.
  • headandtheheart
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your inspiring story. I am struggling with compulsive overeating, myself. As a previous poster said, I think we're all here to face our issues with food one way or another. I am truly happy that you have found such peace and strength.
  • QueensGirl83
    QueensGirl83 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm on MFP for the opposite reason, but I am inspired by your story and I think you are looking great!
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    You might also like to hear about Chelsea's story. Here is her web page: http://www.chelsearoff.com/

Thanks for the links, will definitely be having a read up :)
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

Thanks for the links, will definitely be having a read up :)

You're Welcome!
  • Vini9
    Vini9 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    You really make me proud of your work and I don't know you but as someone who has fought the same battle in high school. I was 6'1 110 lbs. I am so happy you posted your storey. So many times you feel alone in this site as it seems everyone else wants to lose, now me included. Opening up about something so personal is a huge step in being stronger, and bettering yourself. Others will now see your storey, who might be faced with the same thing and with you opening up it will allow them to know we are never alone on this journy. There are people who care and want to be there for you, as i am sure you know. Being proud of your work and fighting the "Damon's" everyday is no easy task! You truly look amazing and I know you will only continue to improve yourself. Your incredible!
  • RiverDancer68
    RiverDancer68 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! That is all I can say, because I know how difficult it is to overcome not only the physical addiction of and ED, but also (and I think harder) the mental aspect. As they say in the 12 step programs,"one day at a time!" You are role model for all of the people here on MFP that are still struggling or are just starting out on their own roads to recovery. You look fantastic with muscles!! :drinker:
  • SlimSumday
    SlimSumday Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Nice improvement! A success story is a success story, no matter what and this one definitely is. You go girl!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    Thanks so much again for your comments, people. :blushing:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!