Scratches head and thinks WTF...

Options

Replies

• sdpeklo
    sdpeklo Posts: 82
    Options

If you wrap yourself up in trash bags and duct tape, you will sweat off all of your fat...... WTF?

Isn't that called being kidnapped? I can see how you might lose weight...by crapping yourself.
    [/quote

Funny!]
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I scratched my WTF and thought "head"

That's just how I roll....

:bigsmile:
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    This is stupid. Mindless.

Strong first post. Welcome to the show.
  • DTJBMcT
    DTJBMcT Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    t MLM products
    I had someone like that on facebook - they put a thing on a local businsses group for my area on facebook.
    When I replied sceptically, he sent me a friend request and linked me to the same information I was sceptical about.

He kept his profile updated with horrible woo and lizard over-lord stuff.
    As I do, I questioned it.
    It took some time of me pointing out the problems in all his woo before he defriended me - not great business to have someone questioning your faith when you're trying to target the faithful I'm guessing.

I laughed out loud at "lizard over-lord stuff". :laugh:

One night the phone rings, and I pick up, and it's this guy from high school that I hung out with :::coughcough:::: years ago and haven't seen since we walked the stage. We're chatting, I'm giving my husband a "what the hell?" look as I scribble on a piece of paper "guy from HS, WTF?" and keep chatting cheerfully. My husband is starting to go into Marine mode as I talk to this guy and try to figure out why he's calling me. Finally, he gets around to his spiel. I give my husband a big grin and write "I'm not fine... He's an MLM BOT!" on the piece of paper. I ended the phone call, and my husband and I had a good laugh. Nothing to be worried about, babe. He's not after me, he's after your money.

Damn. I was hoping it was because I was fine. Not so much. Le sigh.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    OP, you're treading on some very dangerous ground. Watch yourself.

Actually it's most everyone else, not the OP. The OP actually had a good idea for a thread that got turned into yet another vegan/vegetarian/meat eater debate.

if by "had a good idea" you mean "stole intellectual property" from some very dangerous people in high places, I totally agree.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    bump still getting some good lolz from this...but please lets back away from the great vegan/omnivore debate I really think that ones been done,lets get back to the silly stuff...
    EZeLU_zps7fce1584.gif
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options

Actually it's most everyone else, not the OP. The OP actually had a good idea for a thread that got turned into yet another vegan/vegetarian/meat eater debate.

if by "had a good idea" you mean "stole intellectual property" from some very dangerous people in high places, I totally agree.

hahah. you are my favourite.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    wait... what.. you're gaining? you need to eat more.... WTF?

This is the one that kills me. I get the eye rolling thing going on at this point. Energy balance and whatnot. Someone creating their own energy out of nothing seems pretty incredible.

I've reached the point of

asian-rage.gif

with that one. like... oh, your gaining weight, must be that caloric deficit. how the frick is that possible. either there is no deficit, infact a surplus, or you have health problems.

I don't see how that works.

The deeper the deficit, the more likely you are to be malnourishing yourself, which in turns causes your body to produce hormones that conflict and prevent weight loss.

so if your gaining.... eat more? that would be a plateau, and it kinda sounds like bro science, although it might just sound like bro science. how long can this hormonal weight loss prevention last? at what threshold does it usually kick in? any studies. I would actually like to know.

Read New Rules of Lifting for Women. Primarily, this occurs for long-term deficits and long-term nutrient deficiencies. I'm not sure at what point it would begin. I think it depends on the individual. A lack of unsaturated fats over the long-term causes the body to produce grehlin (the hormone that stimulates hunger) in abundance. I've experienced this one firsthand and it sucks. Also, a potassium deficiency is likely to cause edema, or excess water retention (experienced this one too). And, lastly, a prolonged, under-nourished calorie deficit puts the body under stress, and it responds by producing excess cortisol that will make the body perform more efficiently (calorie burns are affected).

The evidence for this is out there. You just have to take the time to do some research.

sounds good, ill have a read.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options

spies_are_people_too_poster-raaf764dfc28b48df996d920738bba1e2_ai60j_8byvr_216.jpg
  • Ophidion
    Options

clint-nod_zps986de797.gif
    Don't know what you are referring too but...
    post-1757-0-93940200-1342324355_zpsb0168c91.gif
  • Ophidion
    Options
    @DavPul-your my fav reply :)
  • DavPul
    Options

clint-nod_zps986de797.gif
    Don't know what you are referring too but...
    post-1757-0-93940200-1342324355_zpsb0168c91.gif

C5rHqXV.gif
    aWHweQS.gif
  • DavPul
    Options
    @DavPul-your my fav reply :)

deskflip_zps24f0588f.gif
  • sheldonz42
    sheldonz42 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    One of mine is "don't eat food that is full of chemicals." H2O is a chemical for goodness sake. EVERYTHING is made of chemicals. I know what they folks who say this mean, but it sounds so ridiculous on its face.
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    As Long as my bishes love me....
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Another one for me are the people who come on board and post a topic stating something to the effect of "I've been doing this for a WHOLE week and nothing's happening!!"Or the ones who want to drop 20 lbs in 2 days and say "please, no negativity."

Okay, so I exaggerate a little. Or maybe not.
  • Ophidion
    Options
    Another one for me are the people who come on board and post a topic stating something to the effect of "I've been doing this for a WHOLE week and nothing's happening!!"Or the ones who want to drop 20 lbs in 2 days and say "please, no negativity."

No you do not exaggerate, I have brain damage and RSI from repetitive face palm.
  • FrankenBeanz
    FrankenBeanz Posts: 176 Member
    Options

Sounds quite accurate to me!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    There is good food and there is bad food.

I never knew food could have criminal intentions.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    There is good food and there is bad food.

I never knew food could have criminal intentions.

So this!
This discussion has been closed.