March 2015 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• SBRRepeat
    SBRRepeat Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    @briebee7‌ man, we've got some tough fire roads in the state parks around here, but I've never seen anybody put up that kind of elevation on them. At least, not on foot. That marathon sounds awesome.
    @4leighbee‌, @Elise4270‌ I have been told I sound like an Orbit gum commercial ("who are you call a Cooty Queen, you lint licker!") with my knack for obscure curses. It may actually be guacamole, I've certainly said that before, too...
  • CodeMonkey78
    CodeMonkey78 Posts: 320 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    ******* RUNNING *** CYCLING **** RUN TOTAL ** CYCLING TOTAL
    03/01: REST DAY
    03/02: 05.25 miles -- 28.00 miles => (05.25/140) -- (28.00/600)
    03/03: 00.00 miles -- 13.88 miles => (05.25/140) -- (41.88/600)
    03/04: 06.50 miles -- 22.00 miles => (11.75/140) -- (63.88/600)
    03/05: 09.01 miles -- 27.50 miles => (20.76/140) -- (91.38/600)
    03/06: 00.00 miles -- 20.22 miles => (20.76/140) -- (111.60/600)*
    03/07: 00.00 miles -- 54.87 miles => (20.76/140) -- (166.47/600)*
    03/08: 00.00 miles -- 15.73 miles => (20.76/140) -- (182.20/600)**
    03/09: 12.00 miles -- 00.00 miles => (32.76/140) -- (182.20/600)
    03/10: 05.75 miles -- 00.00 miles => (38.51/140) -- (182.20/600)

* Planned running rest for long run
    ** Planned long run day; spent time with family instead
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    SBRRepeat wrote: »
    @briebee7‌ man, we've got some tough fire roads in the state parks around here, but I've never seen anybody put up that kind of elevation on them. At least, not on foot. That marathon sounds awesome.
    @4leighbee‌, @Elise4270‌ I have been told I sound like an Orbit gum commercial ("who are you call a Cooty Queen, you lint licker!") with my knack for obscure curses. It may actually be guacamole, I've certainly said that before, too...

I thought it was Holy Comoly. To be honest, with me after Holy usually comes SH!#. :blush:

@SBRRepeat and @healthyfocused715 - thanks for your input!
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    To be honest, with me after Holy usually comes SH!#. :blush:

+1 o:)
  • SBRRepeat
    SBRRepeat Posts: 384 Member
    Options

I thought it was Holy Comoly. To be honest, with me after Holy usually comes SH!#. :blush:

What's a Comoly?

I tried googling it and got a chipper looking German company: http://comoly.de
    I don't know what they sell or do, being that I speak no German and am on my phone, but it seems like a thing I need in my life.
  • ShortMrsN
    ShortMrsN Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    03/03 - 6.2km
    04/03 - 8.59km
    06/03 - 4.0km
    10/03 - 6.1km
    11/03 - 6.02km

exercise.png

c644044669b8b51.gif

• PurpleYFronts
    PurpleYFronts Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    03/03 - 12.3miles
    05/03 - 5.25miles
    10/03 - 13.1miles

30.65 miles - 70 mile total
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    01.03.15 - 13.0 km
    03.03.15 - 3.3 km
    05.03.15 - 4.8 km
    08.03.15 - 14.2 km
    10.03.15 - 3.6 km
    39.0 km done (of 100km)

exercise.png
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,399 Member
    Options
    @ddmom0811‌ - My niece is coming home for spring break on Friday. We were supposed to run a 5K together but she has a stress fracture in her foot so she will walk and I will run :) My daughter is coming home at the end of the month for just a few days of her spring break. She is not a runner but I am going to try to drag her along with me on at least a couple of shorter runs! We have similar things planned: Shopping, Wine tasting, Massages :)
    @cooter_mom‌ - I don't take water with me unless I am going for a planned long run, sometimes not even then. I do however chew gum and it makes a huge difference for me but I know a lot of runners would be aghast at the thought!
    @Jackie0Marie‌ - hang in there! You'll be running miles and miles in no time!
    @autumnblade75‌ - Glad you were able to run again with just a little pain. I tried on the Bare Access but the arch feels very high and hard to me, wondering if it is something I could get used too cause I like them otherwise.
    @skippygirlsmom‌ - I try to eat well the week before a race and especially the night before. I don't eat anything odd or unusual that could potentially upset my stomach. I don't eat in the morning before a race but I do have some gummies or shot bloks about mid way. They work for me and I can't stand the gels - just too much of a sticky mess and they make me very thirsty. It is good to try some before your actual race. Oh, I no longer carry water for a half because most seem to have water stations every couple of miles - much more than I ever need.
    @briebee7‌ - take care of the hand! I have heard stories about the OCR and the Big Sur marathon - both are very difficult!
    @SBRRepeat‌, @Elise4270‌, @4leighbee‌ - I say Holy Cannoli too, picked it up from our many friends in NJ and PA! But I also say Holy Guacamole too and more often Holy *kitten* :smiley:
  • skippygirlsmom
    Options

What's a Comoly?

I don't know what they sell or do, being that I speak no German and am on my phone, but it seems like a thing I need in my life.

I think it's a slang made up word.

• cooter_mom
    cooter_mom Posts: 108 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    01/03- rest sick
    02/03- rest still sick
    03/03- 3.6 miles TM
    04/03- 3.74 miles TM
    05/03- 3.84 miles TM
    06/03- 4.08 miles TM
    07/03- 1.4 miles OUTSIDE 3.7 TM
    08/03- rest day
    09/03- 1.5 miles TM
    10/03- 4.25 miles outside on a trail

YES! I did it! I ran outside, by myself! I made amazing time for me and was absolutely shocked at how well I did! I couldn't figure out why I was sucking air so bad, I figured maybe it was running in the wind, or maybe all the hills on the trail I found......turns out I was running a whole lot faster than I usually run. You were all right, it was so wonderful to run outside. Very freeing and peaceful. I will post the pictures in another post, I can't update my tracker on my phone, can't upload photos from my computer. haha. I ran down a giant hill in mile 2, mile 3 brought me back to go UP the hill, had to power walk it. What a thrill! Thank you to all who pushed me to get out there!!! I just have to say that I am so proud of myself! If I wouldn't have had to walk up that hill, I would have set a new PR for a 5k. Can't wait for tomorrows run now!

exercise.png
  • skippygirlsmom
    Options

What's a Comoly?

I think it's a slang made up word.

• cooter_mom
    Options
  • cooter_mom
    Options
    @shanaber‌ I might have to try the gum. I took a small bottle of water today, and it was ok.
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

What's a Comoly?

Hate to disappoint you, but I don't think they are selling anything at all. It seems it stands for (Com)edy (Oly)mpics, some kind of cabaret competition in a student bar in Munich, Germany. So it's probably a safe guess to say they are unrelated to the "Holy Comoly" :p

@cooter_mom : that sounds absolutely awesome! Great that you enjoyed your run so much. I'm always really exited when I run a new route for the first time - and lucky you, you probably have tons of new routes to discouver around you outside.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,399 Member
    Options
    Saw this on FB and had to share!
    "I should probably clarify now that I am not a fast runner. As a matter of fact, I do not have a runner's body. I am however, gifted with a strong body. I admire people who have runner's bodies; they look so beautiful and graceful when they run, their feet seem to barely touch the ground, their stride is long and light, like watching a gazelle or deer. Do you have that vision in your mind now? Beautiful, isn't it? Okay, so that's not me. When I run, I am neither graceful nor beautiful. My stride is short and heavy. I think I look more like a Clydesdale horse when I run, strong and pushing forward, getting the job done. Don't get me wrong, I am more than good with not having a runner's body. Sure, it would be great to be fast but that's not why I run. I run because I just love running! Runners come in all different sizes and shapes. You don't have to be a super athlete to run. You just have to do it."
    – Diane Wilhelm [Bold Moves: Diary of a First Time Marathoner] via Gibson's Daily Running Quotes
  • cooter_mom
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    Saw this on FB and had to share!
    "I should probably clarify now that I am not a fast runner. As a matter of fact, I do not have a runner's body. I am however, gifted with a strong body. I admire people who have runner's bodies; they look so beautiful and graceful when they run, their feet seem to barely touch the ground, their stride is long and light, like watching a gazelle or deer. Do you have that vision in your mind now? Beautiful, isn't it? Okay, so that's not me. When I run, I am neither graceful nor beautiful. My stride is short and heavy. I think I look more like a Clydesdale horse when I run, strong and pushing forward, getting the job done. Don't get me wrong, I am more than good with not having a runner's body. Sure, it would be great to be fast but that's not why I run. I run because I just love running! Runners come in all different sizes and shapes. You don't have to be a super athlete to run. You just have to do it."
    – Diane Wilhelm [Bold Moves: Diary of a First Time Marathoner] via Gibson's Daily Running Quotes

That's beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @autumnblade75‌ - Glad you were able to run again with just a little pain. I tried on the Bare Access but the arch feels very high and hard to me, wondering if it is something I could get used too cause I like them otherwise.

I ordered them from Zappos based on nothing but reviews. When I first got them I put them on and was amazed at the fit - they felt like slippers! And then I ran, and I was a full minute faster per mile in those than the clunky support shoes the running store had put me in. I don't know if the arch was doing me good - perhaps it was. They're over a year old, though - so maybe my recent ankle issue is due to needing to replace them? I didn't think that was as much of an issue in minimal shoes, as it is in traditional running shoes, but I could be dead wrong about that. What would you recommend for a minimal shoe with a little less arch support? (Not that I'll run right out a snag a pair, mind you, but to consider the next time I'm in the market...)
  • JustWant2Run
    JustWant2Run Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    1--- 6mi
    2--- REST DAY
    3--- 8mi
    4--- 7mi
    5--- 10mi
    6--- 7.25mi
    7--- 18.05mi
    8--- 6mi --- (Weekly total: 56.30 miles)
    9--- REST DAY
    10--- 10mi with 6 @ goal marathon pace

Done: 72.30/200mi goal

4th run in a row outside. It felt amazing. Thank god for daylight saving time :smiley:
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options

exercise.png

3/1--Rest day
    3/2--3.32 miles(treadmill)
    3/3--Strength Training
    3/4--3.34 miles(treadmill)
    3/5--Strength Training
    3/6--rest day
    3/7--rest day
    3/8--rest day