WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2015

Options

Replies

• auntannette1
    auntannette1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm back after almost a year, and am at the same place. But I'm determined to make my goal this time.
    Thanks you all for your inspiration.
    And Mollywhippet: I love Downton Abbey, too.
  • auntannette1
    auntannette1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    And I love how you all share on this thread, I feel like I am amongst friends.
    Thanks,
    Maryl from Michigan. (Aunt Annette, my sign in name, is my twin sister)
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Hello lovely ladies. What a wonderful day here; 84! It’s going down to the 50s though for the rest of the week. Such a teaser. Not much happened today. I got a lot done in my office. DD#2 is spending the night with a friend; they are on spring break. Benny Beagle finally started the meds for his Cushings disease and it’s actually chemo. We haven’t seen any changes in behavior yet.

Terri: are you and your daughter nurses? I love what you said about listening with your heart.

Lilian: wow that’s a lot of steps!

Sylvia: so glad you are better and love the joke! My “shoe” closet always has smelled like a dead skunk. When we built the house we didn’t notice because of the carpet glue, paint, etc, but after about a month, p…u…! This was before any of our current animals and there are no stains in there, but boy does it smell bad occasionally…weird, but not daily.

Michele: so jealous of all your exercise! I wish I had some of your activities on my “ok” list!

SSC: spinach lasagna sound delish!

Yanniejannie: I bought 3 new outfits last week so had to get rid of three more. I did find a couple older things that fit now. Hooray!!!

Beth: I am like you. Not that I actually get out of bed, but I’m awake at 4:30 each day.

Barbie: so nice that your stepdaughter contacted you

Janet: so true! Look for the opportunities!

Lilian: what do you take for lunch that you can pack the night before?

Katla: gotta love a kitty!

Crazydoglady: cute puppies!

Kim: good luck on your physical tomorrow. I’m glad you are going and taking care of yourself. I had a pelvic ultrasound today to see if they can figure out why I still bleed as soon as I stop my depo shots.

Joyce: with your bedtime, getting up at noon is reasonable!

Sassy: I too have been having trouble sleeping

Diana: great job on the weight loss

Barbie: I always love seeing your pups too

Carol: sending you healing thoughts to help your depression

Pip : great pic from you too!

Kim: I do mine in a dutch oven but I’m sure if that’s how you do yours, you could do the
    same in the crock pot, just add the cabbage later

Mary: wonderful nsv!

Well it’s almost time for bed. Welcome to any newbies I missed. I’ve been sleeping poorly so I think I’ll turn in early tonight and see what happens. Talk to you tomorrow. Take care, Meg
  • SelenaP63
    SelenaP63 Posts: 61 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Quick hello before movie night with DH and DS - Five weeks with MFP and I remain at 8 lbs lost. I would REALLY like to count the 2 oz. lost since last week, but as soon as I put on my earrings... those 2 oz. don't count anymore. My first thought was one of real discouragement, because most days last week I was well under my calorie limit. Even on days over it was less than 300 cal... grrrr!
    - Instead, I went to town and bought a FitBit Flex. Still have to figure out how the dang thing works, but I shall prevail!!
    Sassy - That mock apple crisp sounds delicious and I will likely go to bed thinking about it.
    Beautiful weather today, unseasonably warm for this time of year. All the snow in my picture a few days ago has melted. Our trees were humming with honeybees this morning and the birds are singing. Spring is here! :)
    Hugs to you all!
    Selena
    Utah
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Mary – way to go!!!!

Pat – thanks for the link, have you tried that recipe?

I had to laugh at my reading of “Great Grandson was a yr old this mo,has 10 teeth & is very long legged. Thinking he has Great Grpas' (my hub) tall genes.He is nearly 6'4". --- As I took it to mean your 1 year old grandson was 6’4” – I re-read it and your hubby is 6’4”

This is so much easier if I check in 2 or 3 times a day! Thinking of you all! So I have not mentioned this but since more of you are seeing signs of spring.. we had almost no winter (very worrisome with the lack of rain) but it also was not really cold, so the crocus have come and gone, as have the tulips, freesia, hyacinth, the daffodils, and all the fruit and nut trees are in full bloom – Easter will be very weird with no spring flowers – The farmers are worried and my expectation is the nuts, fruits and wine from CA will be very expensive this year, as we will be starting water rationing before June, and our bill which doubled last year is expected to at least double this year.

I have been gardening 1-2 hours a day this week and am beginning to see a real difference, I have some garden thugs (plants that are too healthy and are taking over) to remove, weeding to be done and the front yard to finish…hopefully I’ll post some pictures by the end of the month.. Daylight later is helping me fit in everything.

Smiles Kim

March goals:
    Walk every day
    Log all bites everyday
    Eat slower
    Plan and do a fun thing every week

58855297.png
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Did 20 minutes of yoga, held my plank for 2 min 40 seconds, and then took the extremepump class. The plan for tomorrow is to do some HIIT. Haven't done that in a while

Before exercising went to Lowe's Foods just to get items on sale (cheese, they have the oat bran that I need), stopped to get gas because I thought I had 5 cents credit but seems I didn't so since I didn't need it that badly, I'll wait to buy it at Sam's

SSC
    - eggplant/plum with taupe sounds really nice

Beth
    - thanks for the soy sauce recipe. I don't like the high sodium in regular soy sauce. The only probem I can see is that I don't use a whole lot at a time, I wonder how long it'll keep in the refrigerator? Maybe a small amount can be frozen?

barbie - how wonderful your stepdaughter called you after so long!

Janet - Many times I like to prelog, too, just to see where I'm at so far that day. I'm a member of Sam's Club mainly for the gasoline discount. Sometimes I will go there to get food if I'm preparing for a large group, but I very seldom do shopping for us mainly because you have to purchase such large quantities. AND...they don't accept coupons. Loved the saying, so very true. I'm going to constantly remember that one

Went outside (it's so beautiful). The skimmer was FULL. Vince figures this afternoon we'll put two bags of salt in the pool. But before that we have to take out the furniture...yea!!!!! Unfortunately, I can't seem to talk him into opening the pool (not yet, anyway)

After lunch with the Newcomers Thursday stopped at the ceramics place to just put the final coat of paint on the legs of the praying mantis. Well....while he was there Vince saw something he liked. He said that he'd paint it (miracles do happen!). So I called the other place to have the mold poured.

Sylvia
    - when we lived in the Poconos, we had a gorgeous view of the Delawater Water Gap. the kids would climb the red maple trees as high as they could and just look out at the view. It was spectacular. I hate to say this...but once our cat brought in a rabbit. the thing died behind our buffet. For the longest time there was this HORRIBLE smell in the house. I couldn't put a finger on where it was coming from. I tried everything..Lysol, burning scented candles...nothing worked. Then we moved the buffet for another reason and found the decomposing body. After that...no smell. What kind of dishwasher are you getting? Hope the old one works for you and you don't have water leaking out. Let us know

Liz
    - I very very rarely eat fast food. As a matter of fact, I think the last time I had any was a few years ago when we went to a Wendy's (because they're close to the condo) and had the chili

I usually get up around 6 but try to stay up with dh who usually doesn't get to bed until 12 or so. Sometimes I don't make it

terri - off to senior bowling in a few. Next week is the last week of the winter season. vince is sad that we're not going to be there. See, they're having the lunch "catered" which I think translates into the bowling alley is going to be providing the food, which means everything deep fried. I would have brought my own food, but we'll be helping Jess move so we won't go. Not that I'm sad or anything

A few months ago I noticed a bump on my hand (right below the wrist). It didn't hurt any and I didn't give it any further thought. Then, in Feb. I got my first Prolia injection and a few weeks afterwards (how do I explain it?) the thumb joint doesn't bend as easily as on the other hand. Its almost like I want to crack the knuckle. Well, last night I remembered that years ago Denise had a ganglion cyst on her hand, and I seem to remember that they had to aspirate it. I showed it to Vince and he thinks that maybe the thumb nickle is related to the lump on my hand. Well...it doesn't hurt but it's more of a pain in the neck, so I'm going to go to the MD tomorrow just to have it checked out.

cynthia - big congrats on the job. Now tell us ALL about it!!

Heather
    - doing a happy dance for you finishing your typing. I can see you dancing now.

Carol in NC - when Jessica got her license, that's when Clairol and I became the best of friends! Good luck to you

drkatiebug - My vote is for you to take the other job, even tho it doesn't pay as much. It seems that this job has lots of advantages for you

Chris - you rock! Where in NJ is your mother?

Well, we took the furniture out of the pool shed, added 40 lbs of salt and a gallon of acid to the pool. Oh, we also put the handrail covers on the handrails. Cheryl - was it you who suggested "off the Wall" to get tiles clean? Exactly how is it used?

Beth - the moose is a fraternal organization. My father was the "Grand Moose" at his local lodge. It's sort-of like the Elks

Mary
    - fantastic NSV! Sounds like a clothes shopping experience is due

After exercising tomorrow I'm going to go to the ceramic place to work some more on my Praying Mantis. Vince wants me home by 11 (they open at 9), so I'm not sure how much I'll get done, but at least I'll get some done. I can do some more Thursday afternoon. Then in the afternoon I have a MD appt.

Michele in NC
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone! I marched down to Home Depot and gave them a piece of my mind, not that it accomplished anything short of making me feel better. Still, that's something.

Yes, the installer did replace the wire nut when he reinstalled the original dishwasher. It was caused by the wrong wires touching and making an arc. He wrapped them well with electrical tape too, so it should be fine, but we will keep an eye on it and only run it when we are home and awake. Until we can get a new one that fits, anyway. The door on this one is all goofy now, and doesn't quite open all the way, and it sits in the space crooked, so it's not right. In the meantime, we will shop at a different appliance store!

Hubby came and picked me up from the studio and went with me to Home Depot. He was in a goofy mood, and even briefly held my hand as we wandered the store later. That NEVER happens. Plus, we went to the dollar tree store, and he was commenting on some of the goods there. He was looking for a small digital thermometer to put in his lab, and he said he had seen one that was stick-on and cost about a dollar. I said, where did you see that? He grinned and said, "in my imagination." Sometimes I forget how much fun he can be.

Well, my battery is about dead. Talk to you tomorrow.

Sylvia
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding.

Good Evening Ladies,

Allison, where will you go when Tom retires?

Carol NC, I do the same thing with recording TV shows. I get too impatient sitting through commercials and if they are on it just encourages me to take a trip to the kitchen. Not a good idea. Why does your son have to have a DL for his job? They won’t have him driving will they? I think it’s wonderful that he is going to be working with the homeless. How far is Ashville from you? I can’t remember how far you are from Charlotte and I know how far it is from there. I’m pulling for you to shake the depression along with the others that suffer from it. It is such a dark and powerful thing. Big Huggs.

Pip, I can’t even imagine “running for 5 miles”> You are the bomb!

DrKatie, in reading about your job opportunity, it sounds like this is something you’d like to do. If it is, then go for it. If you don’t “need” the money then it’s no biggy that it pays squat. Like you said, it might open doors.

Chris, that is a great suggestion about taking pictures of things that we have a hard time getting rid of. I had a crocheted bed spread that my grandmother had made. It needed repair that I don’t have the skills to do and it was so heavy that I would have never used it. I sold it at a garage sale for $30 and my neighbor saw it at an antique shop a few days later priced at $150. I do wish I had taken a picture of it. How wonderful that you got the validation on your weight loss! I’m still waiting on mine and I’m down 37 ½ pounds. Your trip to include seeing your BFF sounds great. Wish I had a hubby that was a gourmet cook.

Heather, sorry about your wi fi bill, but I did have to laugh to myself when I realized all your call centers are in India, too. You know you are welcome to vent to us whenever you need.

Sylvia, sorry about the dishwasher. Just a word of caution: Years ago we set the dishwasher and went upstairs to get ready for bed. DD came to our room and said it was making a funny noise. (Her room was over the kitchen) We went down to check on it and it was shooting fire out a hole in the middle of the door. We feared it could have caught the house on fire if we hadn’t gone to check on it. That is the only time I’ve ever had to use a fire extinguisher. We had not had any trouble with it, but now we only run the dishwasher when we are going to be downstairs with it.

Terri, the egg white McMuffins are good if you’ve never tried them and about the lowest in calories. Isn’t it fun to win stuff?

Pip, you watch your language Damit! :blush: Ohhhhhhh that picture is so cute with the flower behind (ok, in front of) the ear.

Sylvia, you outdid yourself with that joke. Too funny! I had a friend that got into an argument with a guy and the guy said, “listen, my brother is an attorney”. My friend, in his face said, “I don’t care, my brother is a professional boxer.” Well it was funnier when the friend told us.??? Glad that your DH is fun. It makes life so much more enjoyable. You must have picked a good one just like I did. ;)

Beth, yes, I belong to The Women of the Moose. It's affiliated with the Moose Lodge, a fraternal organization like the Elks. We have all privileges at the Moose Lodge but mostly do Charity work; both for the Moose charities and local charities. Oh and good for you that the grocery was out of salted English toffee? >:)

Mary, congrats on the clothes fitting as they do. It’s a blessing and a curse, when you find you have nothing that fits. Way to go and have fun shopping.

Pat, great going on the sky light. Aren’t they the best in a bathroom? We had one in one of our homes but it was rather large and by mid-morning in the summer, the heat would run us out. Now we have a transom window over the shower and I like it too. Love some natural light.

Katla, thanks and I did do fine at the Moose tonight. You just have a wonderful time with the grandkids. Gosh I hope DH behaves so he can get off punishment.

Mary in MI, welcome back and good for you that you haven’t gained. I think I’ll be here long after I reach my goal so I have the support for not gaining.

Meg, I like your idea of getting rid of an outfit every time you get a new one. Duh, I hadn’t thought of that. I just keep getting rid of things that are ridiculous too big. I don’t want to buy more than I must until I lose more weight and have noticed my closet is looking a little sparse. Think I’ll start doing it your way. Thanks.

Selena, don’t get discouraged. Just get more determined. This thing works but not always at our preferred pace. Since you don’t have as much to lose as some of us, it may just be a little slower going. Good for you on the FitBit. I have no idea how they work, so can’t help, but if it encourages you to move more then it is what you need. Hang in there and good luck!!

Michel, glad you are going to doc to get your hand checked. When I was a kid, if you had a ganglion (on the back of the wrist) “they” said to whack it with a bible. I don’t know if that ever worked but I heard it a number of times. You know we are dying to see a picture of the praying mantis.

Quote for the day: Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

My word #1 is savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.

#2 is opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.

Janet
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Well I got to MFP a bit late than I usually do so I didn't take any notes. I do know we are doing dances today to celebrate Heather and Cynthias big accomplishments. A couple of you had wonderful NSVs. Diane met a MFP sister. It's a good day.

I'm late because I got a face book message from one of my game friends from Face Book. You know, one of those people you don't know at all, but other people say the are good game players so you accept their friend request. So she sent me a message that she had a friend here in my town that was having some hard times and was graduating from college and she wanted to buy a used car from her so she was asking me for advice on a used car dealer. So I had to do research, talk to a couple different people and finally sent her a list with phone numbers and websites. I wish I had a friend that wanted to pay $10,000 to buy me a car!! So how she will be working this out I don't know. But it took a big hunk of my internet time this evening.

Diane, it did take me a long time to see the new me. I knew people were complimenting me and I was wearing different sizes but I still didn't like looking in the mirror, only did it when I had to, like make up and fixing my hair. I had known the fat me for so long and did not like that person at all but it also defined my phsyce. I don't think it is anything we can help or prevent. A fat person is treated differently. You can't shop in a normal store, your stores all labeled plus sized. Even in a department store, your section is the plus section. the world defines everything that affects us as heavy. So in your mind you are heavy, even if you are no longer heavy. Now granted I am not obese anymore, just overweight. But in the world even a size 14 is a plus size. I don't get it. We are trained that size 2 to about an 8 in normal.

Didn't eat well today but had a wonderful day. My sister and I still had not been able to get together for just the 2 of us to have lunch for my birthday. When Mom was alive we always went to this one particular down home cooking family owned place that was famous for their deserts. That's even in the name 'The Pie Pan'. But since it was 3 of us, the birthday girl would not have to pay and the other two split it instead. When she died we stopped that and pay our own way. But Norma always gets more than I do, so that's fine. I had a chicken strips kids meal. They deep fry breaded chicken strips and you have the choice of one side dish. So the said that they would weigh out the equivalent of those two chicken strips in their fajita chicken strips and grill those for me. They have delicious beets so that's what I had. Then I ordered a piece of carrot cake. Bad, bad Joyce. I did cut it in half and take the rest for Charlie. But they served it laying down so when I cut in half, the front part didn't have much frosting. To bad Charlie!!! It was so good. But then we went to the mall. Youmay remember that I had some money that I had gotten from our state license branch or charging on our excise taxes on our cars. It was $134.37. Charlie gave it to me since I did the paperwork. So that's where we went. My casual clothes usually consist of a short sleeve t shirt and my jeans. When I go to Christopher and Banks I usually buy dress clothes. So this time I bought casual clothes. I have never bought khaki colored pants before that weren't capri length. so I bought a pair of khakis, a jeans jacket and a couple of casual shirts. I did buy a sleeveless t that I can wear with some of the light sweaters I wore last spring. But their main color this spring is yellow. Now for everything besides clothing, I love yellow. I mean I really love yellow. But on my fair skin, it just washes me out. Next week they start their Friends and family 40% off event. So they said I could try on and they would set them back for me to pick up next Monday!! They usally only hold things for 2 days but since I am such a regular they would hold them longer!! The two casual shirts are cheaper now than they would be next week so I did buy them. I bought a couple of necklaces also and they are on hold. But my sis and I had so much fun. Now that she has her expensive van that has the hydraulic lift for her scooter she and I can actually go places. I can't imagine not being able to go to the mall. If nothing else, you are just around people and that is fun. And it was 75 degrees today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good night all, well to some of you, you will be waking us shortly!!! Joyce, Indiana
  • sweetnsassyfied
    sweetnsassyfied Posts: 110 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Cynthia: Look at what I got for doing the happy dance in my chair for you from MFP!! WIN! lol "You've earned 40 extra calories from exercise today"

Yannie: So glad you're feeling better. APPLES are awesome! They are the source of practically every loving, memory i have. The scent and taste of baked apples always takes me to a happy spot! OMGoodness I have a funny from my childhood!

My mom has 3 sisters, so between the gals there are 11 of us cousins. Anyhoo, when we were kids our moms thought it would be fun to go apple picking at the local orchard. So while our mom's were all jibber jabbering while plucking their fare, my cousins and I tore off to the opposite side of the orchard. We had gotten an idea that we thought would be hilarious. We all climbed up this one apple tree and started eating the apples WHILE they still hung on the tree, leaving only the cores hanging. We got through about half a tree before our mom's found us...Shocked, appalled (?), and yanked us all down. Needless to say we left in a bit of a hurry never to return to THAT orchard.

Carol in NC: Hopefully with the boy getting his license he can take over the "Errands" part of your day. That would give you an hour back to yourself in the evenings. Your evenings sounds like my busy days. I would be run down and exhausted too if I were that busy every night after working all day. Also wouldn't it be more feasible to do the "prep/pre-pack" of foods once or twice a week? Say on Sundays you cook a breakfast casserole that would be 8 breakfasts. Freeze half the pan for the following week or the one after. Put the other 4 remaining in the fridge to nuke and eat through the week. You could also whip up a lot of yummy healthy breakfasts in your Crockpot and set it to low over night, so that by the time you wake breakfast is done. Eat store the rest in the fridge to alternate with your breakfast casserole...lol Oatmeal is a super crockpot breakfast. If you'd like I can message you with a few recipes and ideas.

If your having healthy dinners, is there any reason why when your cleaning up from dinner you cant pack some for lunch the following day? Thats what I did when I worked.

PiP: I knew your'd be right back at it! I'm so happy your feeling better.

Carey:
    "The secret of getting ahead is getting started. - Mark Twain" I love that!! It goes right along with my thought processes of; Nothing to it but to do it! & You'll never know unless you TRY. Scribbling that one down! Thank you. :D

DrKatieLOVEbug:
    "but it might be fun and might open some doors to opportunities that do pay well. At the very least, it will create good will and will definitely be a service to those for whom I would be working."

Any job i do or take the above criteria must be met, or I wont do it. Good luck on this! I hope you tell us more because I am intrigued.

Chris on Ma: Your a lady after my own heart. I love how you take negatives and turn them into positives. This trip is a perfect example! Enjoy!

I would love to hear more about this wine tasting/ pasta bar bridal shower, the name alone sounds like a great time! :D

I'm sure you were stunning! Thrilled that others acknowledged that fact too.

Heather: I think that is awful of BT! I cant believe there is no way to track or trace how you use these "lots". My cynic thinks this company does this more oft then not. Especially with them saying January, the month that is usually noted as the climatic end of the Holiday season. Betcha most customers don't even ask questions when they see December or January as a higher bill. Give it to them, make them prove it. If they cant how can they charge you more? what court would allow such a thing?? As you can clearly see, I am appalled for you! grrrrrrrrrr

Sylvia: I would be calling HOME DEPOT to get me some competent installers out. Better Business Burea here I come. Or hey some cities have a news caster to help those who may of been took or rooked. what would it cost to call?

I live for goofy happy moments with my husband! Fortunately for me they are often! :D

Mary in MN: WOOT! Best NSV ever! I cant wait to shop in my closets again! :D

Katla: What is it with Grandpa's??!!?? Two modes Grumpy or Gregarious... Its time to tell Mr. Man to snap out of it and enjoy the very reasons you both took this trip. Buy him some pocket sanitizer wipes and be done. Whats the alternative? Ohhhhhhhh wait I got it, have grand-daughter call and in her sweetest most lovable voice tell him; " Come on Grandpa be a Jolly-maker not a belly-acher!! " HaH! lol I'm sorry, I really do think I am a lot funnier then most people give me credit for. ;)

Selena: 8 pounds in 5 weeks is awesome! Your body is more then likely saying; "Hey, I'm pretty good here. You keep doing all the good things you are and I will catch up with you I promise!" Without being able to see your eats its really hard to offer any help other then that. Good luck with your Fitbit, seems a lot of our ladies here are using that one. I myself am loving my JawboneUP24. Will upgrade it next year maybe then give the one I have to someone who needs it. :D

I can't wait for Spring to Sprung here!! It's coming though we are in the 40's hitting 50... YaY!!

Kim: I am just now starting to plan my Balcony Garden for this year! I'm so excited!! I love love LOVE my balcony. Flowers galore, fruits, veggies, candles, twinkle lights, and living privacy trellis's. Plus my barbi-que! ( My name is Barbi ;) ) Yep, sorry pretty darned excited to start on that ...lol

Michele: How fabulous that Vince is getting interested in ceramics with you! I love doing things with Alex. We are always surprised at some of the things we do...Okay, maybe that should read; he is always surprised at some of the things I do. And I'm surprised he lets me rope him into it. lol

Meg: That is a smart idea with the outfits! What I am doing in preps for something like that is; I have Reversed all the hangers in mine and my hubbys closet. When we wear something it goes back in correctly, the way that hangers normally would. After 1 full year of seasons any hanger that is still in the reverse position will be pulled out and given to charity. :D

DamitJanit!! Ever since I've seen you and your rowing machine activity in my feed mine has been calling me! I am not thanking you now for this at all! Owie... Once I start seeing sexy, strong, shoulders, and a long lean back....Ohhhhhhhhhhhh girlie friend, I will be singing your praises then by golly! HaH!

Barbie Best NSV anybody could ever get. To have touched a child, leaving your mark of love at such a tender age. That she has kept you in her heart for so long ~getting all misty here~ That she was so moved to reach out and reconnect with you. Sharing her joy and her family with you. It doesn't get much more beautiful than that. Quite a testimony to who you are. <3

Pant...pant...pant is there anytime left for me? Who is going to read this book?? lol

I am feeling So so so much better today and ready to get back at it! YaY! My scale has been so super wonky with being sick. I am really looking forward to seeing what the scale says these next 2 WI's. If I take it at its word it will go something like this.. 4 pounds down, then next week 5 pounds gained. lol I don't even care because I know I am doing what is best for me inside and out daily. I am going to be getting stronger, and fitter no matter if the scale agrees with me every week. :D

Oh I have an NSV too!! My body has finally adjusted to the extra water intake! Back down to 1 middle of the night potty run. Awwwwwww it really IS the little things in life that can either make or break your day. Look for your little things ladies you'll find em!!

Sincerely,
    Sassy aus Austria
    • If you want it, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.

• Being Fat is Hard.
    Losing Weight is Hard.
    Maintenance is Hard.

Choose Your Hard.

• CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi everybody; just a quick stop by. Will be in the car most of the day; I'll try to check in later. Basking in the glow of everybody's enthusiasm; thanks so much! It's so nice to feel the "lift". <3

Hope we all have a good day. :flowerforyou:
    Cynthia
  • TJJ1234
    TJJ1234 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    2157045gp85zev8ri.gif 1054619uymc383ki3.gif

smiley-cool05.gif Welcome to a friendly community of women. The name says Women ages 50+ but all women are welcome. I hope that those of you who are new will become part of this community. None of us is able to manage this journey to health and fitness alone.

How did you do with your goals or resolutions for February?
    What goals or resolutions have you chosen for March?

:D Sign your post with your name or alias and your geographic location so we can get to know each other better.

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from beautiful NW Washington smiley-happy020.gif smiley-happy093.gif

My quote for 2015 (and the last six years)--- The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

My word for 2015 is "now"---I won't wallow in the past or waste time worrying about the future

February Resolutions (with end of the month comments)
    *walk 19,000 steps a day (this is higher than last month)--every day
    *strength training twice a week (this is the one I still haven't accomplished) smiley-sport017.gif--about once a week
    *get the income tax numbers compiled and mailed to the accountant--done
    *Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good--this goes well with my happiness commandment to "Lighten up"--well done

March Resolutions
    *walk 19,000 steps a day--same as last month
    *strength training twice a week--same as last month smiley-sport017.gif--
    * find and use two new low sodium recipes
    *finish sorting the slides
    *don't expect praise or recognition

• TJJ1234
    TJJ1234 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Can I join?
  • sweetnsassyfied
    sweetnsassyfied Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    TJJ1234 You just did! :D

Though it is NOT official until you do this; Sign your post with your name or alias and your geographic location so we can get to know each other better.

Sincerely,
    Sassy aus Austria
    • If you want it, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.

• Being Fat is Hard.
    Losing Weight is Hard.
    Maintenance is Hard.

Choose Your Hard.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    morning ladies,
    Janet~ we have a place in a 55 park in Florida..so thats where we would go..
    when I got to work yesterday they were an hour and a half behind with patients,because of the girls up front who dont care and just put patients in anywhere..
    well both of the girls up front left at 3 today and I had to take over. it slowed down by that point.
    the troll as I call the front end manager did something very juvenile .. I am getting a fixed bridge done and it was supposed to arrive from lab on friday.. called yesterday afternoon to lab to tell them we had some to pick up and ask where mine was, and they said it was delivered friday. well I looked where we keep the rest of them and it isnt there, I look under her desk and ,there is my lab box.. I was ticked off. now I wouldnt have asked to have it done until all patients were done. but what gives her the right to hide it from me :#
    we are also talking about our boss, he has his hands full and they are opening yet another office.. and he wants to spend time there and his wife is having a baby the end of july..so he will only be working one day a week at our office and wants the other dr to pick up the slack..
    now the dr we have now doesnt have much of a personality at all an doesnt engage in any conversations with patients.except if it has to do with fishing..
    some of our patients only want Dr Ho and I dont know if this will throw a wrench into the monkey works or not..
    the manager who does most of the work , is getting fed up as the bosses wife took over running a few of the offices and doesnt have a clue,so Diane has been fielding calls from her and trying to do her own work..
    I just dont know what will happen at the office.. not going to worry as I have no control, but will all that is going on in my life.. I am struggling severely with trying to lose the weight
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Just a quick hello. If you use a protein supplement(I do),you might want to read this article.Pat

http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexmorrell/2015/03/12/lawsuits-say-protein-powders-lack-protein-ripping-off-athletes/
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    OMG!!!! Daffys are open!!! (two of 'em, anyways) Not only that, but I see new growth on my hydrangea!!!! Happy day!!!

Happy St. Pattys Day!!!! My mom was half Irish and half German so I can claim a bit of Irish. Made ham and cabbage last night; will have leftovers today.

Carol.......Congrats on your son getting his license; how exciting! I'm not about to go out walking before light either. I've had my "blue" days but nothing like a real depression; my heart aches for you. Hope things improve and soon.

drkatie........Whatever decision you make is the right one for you; although I'd be a sucker for anything I thought "might be fun".

Chris........Totally agree with what you wrote about keeping "stuff" AND guilt!!! A wise woman!!!

Terri........Ha! Welcome to the MFP Former Climbers Club.

Sassy........So you are in the club too!

Kim....... Better eating days ahead.......I was fine yesterday and started today with Joy Bauers protein pancake and fresh blackberries in plain yogurt (which turned out was slightly expired, but with yogurt, who can tell?). LOL.

Meg........YAY for new clothes; always a spirit builder!!!

Have great days ladies!
    yanniejannie
    mid-Atlantic

• nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Janet - Asheville is 3 to 3 1/2 hours from me, BUT only 40 minutes from my family (parents, brother, niece) so he will have family close by. Andrew won't be driving the kids around or anything--have to be 23 (I think) for that--but he will need to be able to run errands, check out sites for staging things, etc.

Sassy - Generally, I do batch cooking on the weekends and freeze individual portions. They're handy for grabbing out of the freezer to pack for lunches or for quick dinners. When I say prepping, I mean that I decide what I'm going to eat the following day, put my refrigerated items all together in one place in the fridge, put bread, crackers, etc. into ziploc bags so they're ready to go in the lunch bag, get my fruit for the day and put it beside my lunch bag along with the bread, and generally have everything ready so that it takes me only a couple of minutes to grab everything and have it ready to walk out the door. The only cooking prep I might do is if I want eggs for breakfast, I will fry a couple and put them in a container or boil some eggs (I make enough for a few days of the boiled ones). For example, yesterday I had cottage cheese and canned fruit for breakfast so I put the can of fruit beside my lunch bag and the cottage cheese right in front in the fridge. For morning snack, I had yogurt--stacked on top of the cottage cheese. For lunch I had PBJ--I keep peanut butter and jelly at work so I just needed bread so that went into a ziploc and beside the lunch bag. For afternoon snack I had cheese and crackers so the crackers went in a ziploc bag and the cheese on top of the yogurt. Along with all of that, I set out an apple and an orange to eat with lunch and/or snack. All of that varies depending on my mood and what kind of food I have/want. The biggest time consumer is planning it all out so that I don't get ravenously hungry during the day yet have enough calories for dinner. If you have recipes you want to shoot my way, feel free! I'm always trying to find new combinations and add something to my repertoire! And, even though I would love for the boy child to take over some of the errands, he is away at school and only home occasionally. I love your "sassy" attitude towards life!

Thanks to everyone on the depression issue. I see my therapist on Friday so I hope she will have some insights as well as recommendations as to increasing my meds. This is the longest it has stayed with me in a couple of years. As some of you may remember, springtime is a depression trigger for me. Also, it is my six month check up to see if I have anything else growing in my breasts. I don't dread the mammogram because it hurts, but because it has revealed too many things over the past few years.

I went for a walk yesterday after work that was at my speed since I was by myself. It felt good to stretch my legs out in a natural stride and getting my heart rate up enough to breathe hard! Maybe enough of those walks will kick the depression in the butt!

Kim - I'm sorry y'all are struggling so with drought. We've had our droughts here and they're miserable, but this has been the wettest winter I can ever remember. I sure do wish Mother Nature had seen fit to be a little more even handed with the rain.

Heather - Congratulations on getting your typing done! I know you must feel good about yourself to have accomplished the self discipline to get it done.

I'm going to see if I can get some work done now. I didn't sleep much last night and have a very upset stomach this morning so I really feel like lying down on the floor and taking a nap! I hope everyone has a great day!

Carol in NC

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

Sassy - thanks for understanding our frustration! Today DH was rung up by them in answer to his email and they said exactly the same things as if we had told them nothing! Unfortunately we pay by direct debit and it's a contract so we are stuck for a while.

Katla - it's not so much a language problem as a culture and subtext problem. Grrrrr! Hope you are at last enjoying the grandchildren. <3

Did my yoga this morning so have to be strict with cals today. :( My bluetooth headphones have arrived and are charging. DH is wrestling with his new ipod, but seems to be on the way to mastering it. Neither of us have any Apple stuff so it's always a learning curve. He hasn't looked at my book yet. I put it on Kindle as a document and I can see the linespacing is mixed up. I will start formatting tomorrow. I will send DS#1 a photo of a window and see what he can make of it for a cover. He is a designer and used to produce a magazine. The book is called WINDOWS.

Sun is shining. :happy: Dinner tonight is veal escalopes with celeriac puree and green beans. I don't bread the escalopes, but use lemon and garlic to keep moist.

Love Heather in sunny Hampshire UK
    27681614.png
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding.

Top of the Morning Ladies, and Happy St Patty's Day.

Joyce, I think it was very kind of you to use your internet time to help do research for your FB friend. You know that karma will repay your kindness. I agree with you about the sizes. There is nothing “normal” about a size 2, 4 or 6! I’m just sayin’. Glad you had fun on your shopping trip with sis. If you have moved out of the obese weight, you’d better consider yourself normal and start looking in the mirror. You have done a great job and need to acknowledge yourself, lady. *hugs*

Sassy
    , You can send me some of your crockpot oatmeal recipes. (please) I just realized while reading your great post, that all of my breakfast casserole recipes are waaayyy fattening. I could use some of them too. I love the idea of having something I can heat and eat for breakfast. You are in rare form today and have already brightened (was bright to begin with) my day. About the rowing, I don’t actually have a rowing machine. I have a Cardio-glider which is a cross trainer that does the whole body, but the rowing machine is the closest thing I could find in the exercise data base. Since I don’t add back my exercise calories, I figured it didn’t make too much difference?? It has been in my bedroom for years and used on and (mostly) off over the years. The funny thing about it is that when it’s used as a clothes rack, my damn body feels no benefit from it. Go figure. You get going, girl! I want to hear you sing. BTW, I totally agree that it is the little things in life that give me joy and even excitement. Sometimes we just have to look and notice the wonderfulness in our life.

TJ, Welcome. You have joined and now we’d love for you to tell us a little about yourself. Also it’s nice if you sign each post with whatever you want us to call you and a general location. Some of us are just nosey and want to know what country and what time zone you live it. This group of ladies is very supportive and from all over the world. Come often.

Allison, that “person” that put your bridge under her desk is an A-1 *kitten*. How dare she. I so feel for you having to work with someone like that. I hope you didn't tell her that you found it and took it. Glad you aren’t going to get bent out of shape worrying about something you have no control over. All that would do it take you down. Good for you!!

Yannie, isn’t it wonderful to see new life popping up in the spring? On our front porch we have 3 columns with molding at the top of each. Yesterday DH found that birds have built nests at the top of two of them. Mommy birds are going in and out, so thinking we may have baby birds in our future. :o

Carol, I’m so proud of you for taking that walk. If you can do it often, hopefully that would be a help for the depression. It is such a Catch 22 about exercise helping depression, because when your depressed you don’t want to walk or anything else. Glad you have the control to do what you need to do. *hugs*

Heather, you are lucky that your DH can figure out his own iPod. Mine loves techie stuff but has to have me show him how to use everything. And look at an instruction book??? He’d say, why do I need that, I have you. We used to joke that if I were to die, he would have to hire someone to set the VCR. I will admit he is better with the cable box and recorder.

Welcome to any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

It’s a glorious St Patty’s Day in SC. I think tonight we will go to the Moose Lodge for some corn beef and cabbage. They are having a band so we might stay for a little of that. I love to wear my green and go out on St Patty’s day just to see all the goings on. I hope you all have a wonder, happy, healthy and fun day.

My word #1 is savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.

#2 is opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.

Janet
    Myrtle Beach, SC