WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2015

Options

Replies

• Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Okay - water break.... DH finally left to go ice fishing so I can just get it done. Set the timer on the stove so I can go outside for a walk with my dog. I have 8902 steps already and haven't left the basement...
    -
    Lillian
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Today's joke of the day:

:)

A Spanish teacher was explaining to her class that in Spanish, unlike English, nouns are designated as either masculine or feminine.

"House" for instance, is feminine: "la casa."
    "Pencil," however, is masculine: "el lapiz."

A student asked, "What gender is 'computer'?"

Instead of giving the answer, the teacher split the class into two groups, male and female, and asked them to decide for themselves whether "computer" should be a masculine or a feminine noun. Each group was asked to give four reasons for its recommendation.

The men's group decided that "computer" should definitely be of the feminine gender ("la computadora") because:
    1. No one but their creator understands their internal logic.
    2. The native language they use to communicate with other computers is incomprehensible to everyone else.
    3. Even the smallest mistakes are stored in long term memory for possible later retrieval; and
    4. As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself spending half your paycheck on accessories for it.

(THIS GETS BETTER!)
    The women's group, however, concluded that computers should be masculine ("el computador") because:
    1. In order to do anything with them, you have to turn them on.
    2. They have a lot of data but still can't think for themselves.
    3. They are supposed to help you solve problems, but half the time, they ARE the problem; and
    4. As soon as you commit to one, you realize that if you had waited a little longer, you could have gotten a better model.

The women won.

:D
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy sun!!Finally got to church this sun.Found out there is a new member,baby Abby.We are having a baby shower for her in 2 weeks,as the parents wanted to be surprized with the sex.
    Nice weather 50-60`s but then cold next week.
    HUGS jane
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    jog- 44.30min, 6.6-8.0speed, 8.54ap, 5mi = 445cal
    rope pull- 15min, 96feetpermin, lvl7, midset, 1527feet = 120cal
    other- single leg balances- 10min, 5sets ea leg = 88cal
    other- stretch- 5 min, = 22cal
    total cal = 675
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Monday here and slept better.
    Cannot believe we went to Anvers Chocolates yesterday and had turkey and salad sandwiches and hot chocolate. hit the spot.
    It was GOOD to talk about Mildred and remember the happy times with her.
    Happy to see Lewis Hamilton win the F1 race in Melbourne. Then Arnold interviewing and ended with "I'll be back" classic Arnold who is in Melbourne for the Arnold Classic body building competition.
    Stan cooked dinner Porterhouse steak and veg.
    Decided to do Wii FitPlus for cardio and Wii Biggest Loser for weights today.
    Tidying house and ironing today. Stan has gone fishing
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,346 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of balance games on the Wii today. Tomorrow's plan is to do some yoga, hold my plank, then take the extremepump class.

Made some parmesan catfish to have later in the week.

Sylvia
    - hope it's nothing serious and that you'll be right back with us. Great joke!

Mary from MN
    - really, the only exercise I do on the Wii is some balance games and some training games. But it's something a bit different and that's something I'm always looking for.

Joyce
    - I think everyone can figure out the meaning to my user name!

Liz
    - welcome! I take it you're from California? Where?

Carol in GA
    - I like to log mainly to see where the bulk of my calories are coming from. I really want to try having a larger meal in the afternoon and maybe just a bowl of cereal at night. Trying to figure out how to work this around dh since he likes a big meal at dinnertime. Supposedly I should be at 116lbs. Never gonna happen, not in this lifetime anyway. What are your interests?

katla
    - I too am sorry that you're leaving without seeing the grands. I honestly probably would have bought one of those masks, and seen them. Update: so glad you're going o see them!

Lillian - so sorry about your friend

Heather (and anyone else this applies to) - happy mothers day

Carol in GA - I find that the chocolate bran muffins fill me up, mainly because I usually drink about 24oz with one. Same thing for air popped popcorn. Lots of times I find that sharp cheddar cheese fills me up. Not the low fat type, the full fat. I just have a smaller amount of it.

Toni - I think a lot of the YMCA caring for its members depends on the CEO. I know that our YMCA doesn't really care about the members, the focus is more on getting new members and the Children's Fund. Another one of their focuses is on young members. But who has the disposable income? Certainly not the 20 and 30-somethings who are paying off mortgages and paying for college (for themselves or for their children). The one thing that I like about them is the fact that if you are a member of one YMCA and you go traveling, you can use most YMCA facilities away from home on their AWAY (always welcome at the Y) program. I don't really understand it, but I'd have to pay a $5 fee to use the one in Reston. Yet, I can use the one in FL for something like 5 times.

Just made a crockpot hot fudge sundae cake. It came out pretty good. Next time I won't use as much water and see how it goes.

Sylvia
    - cute joke. I especially liked the women's last reason for a computer to be male. Sadly, too true

Michele in NC
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

Spent most of the day shopping - grocery (costco - boy is that expensive!), exercise clothes and accessories to liven up my bedroom. DS #2 bought me a new comforter set for xmas and its in a cream color with taupe flowers. It turns out that I NEED colour. I've decided to add some eggplant/plum accents. I found some pretty cushions, a lamp and a rug, but I've struck out on a bed skirt and a table cloth. Wore DS#1 feet out today. Boy does that feel good!

Have to go and make spinach lasagna now... my DS, nephew and his girlfriend are coming for supper tomorrow so I thought I'd work on it while supper is cooking.

Sylvia - thanks for the jokes they make my day a lot brighter!

Thought for the day: Laughter is an instant vacation. - Milton Berle
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Good evening! Got up to 65 today!! Watching (well, listening to) a PBS program on Broadway musicals featured on Ed Sullivan; doing West Side Story right now. I remember my aunt who died when was 15 loved South Pacific so I introduced it early on to my DD; my aunt would have loved hearing her belting out "Bloody Mary" at four!!! LOL!

Had a busy and rather productive day.......dog had a long walk, I cleaned out a closet, picked up a bit around the house, weeded......oh, those daffys are sooooo close, made Paula Deens goulash for dinner. I made Irish Soda Buns (I think they are really scones!) and sent some with a card along with DD when she went to friends barn to work this afternoon as my friend had a long thyroid surg. last week.

Convinced DD to cut my hair yesterday by telling her that her cutting it would equal two lunches out........it's just a straight line, nothing difficult and she does it well.

Sleep times.......I go to bed from 10:30 to 1am.......get up 5am to 7am. 6 to 7 hrs. is my norm but I'm not above an occ. short nap in the afternoon.

Sassy.......I did copy your brownie recipe and hope to make them soon.

Meg........Great to see you, funny joke!

Best to everyone; a new week (except for Lesley, she beats us every time!).......you all enter my thoughts more than you will ever know!
    yanniejannie
    mid-Atlantic

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    Options
    Lin .... did you ask for the soy sauce recipe? Here is the link. You control the sodium content. We have decided we like it much better than regular soy sauce ... but our tastes have changed.
    cookinggodsway.com/soy-sauce-substitute/

An update ... son has had a migraine since last post ... now wondering if some of his crappy eating pushed him over the tipping point ... he's been eating a lot of foods with msg .... and the store bought soy I used instead of the substitute is really high in free glutamic acid ... somehow I feel validated! Ha!

Toni ... your weight loss journey is similar to mine. I'm 5ft8 or maybe a little less now. Always have been able to "carry" weight. My highest point that is recorded was 274 but suspect I may have gone even higher. Almost went under 200 last year, but then bounced back up. Sitting at 210 right now and struggling to get things moving in the right direction. My doctor is encouraging me to shoot for 160 ... so that's my goal ... will look at it closer when I'm closer to it!

Bedtimes ... I love to be in my jammies and in my room no later than 9:00. Watch a little TV, read a little and lights out by 9:45. When son is in school ... he's home receiving school instruction again ... I'm up by 5:45 ... sadly, even when I don't have to awaken so early ... my internal clock screams get up! I thrive on 8-9 hours. Usually get less sleep.

Beth in WNY
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,922 Member
    Options
    :D I got a phone call today from my oldest stepdaughter from my first marriage. I haven't talked to her in over 10 years since we moved to Washington. She has an RN degree, a new husband, two new stepdaughters and a five year old son since I last talked to her. She lived with her dad and me on and off from ages 4 to 8 so I did a bit to help raise her. She wanted to know if we'd like to see her and her family if they came to Washington on vacation. That would be great so I hope the come up here. It turns out that she found me because she and Jake have been friends on Facebook.

It's still raining and I've changed wet clothes three times today after going out walking.

<3 Barbie
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding.

Good Evening Ladies,

Sylvia, so glad you are feeling a little better. For sure, listen to your body. We’re all pulling for you. Glad you had a nice trip to the cabin.

Jane, it does sound like your DS and DDIL have taken on a lot but I guess they know what they are in for. Like you said, it will be wonderful when they finish.

Barbie, how nice that your walking buddy is back. I learned from you, to add a little each time or two on to my exercising. It has surprised me at how much more I can do when I just put forth the effort. Thanks.

Meg, living at the beach, I liked your joke.

Mary
    , sorry you didn’t get all the weights, but I’m with your DH. Sometimes it’s just not worth it to pursue something.

Terri, it sounds like your DS is a great bowler. I remember all the bowling we did when we lived in Milwaukee. It was great to have something to do in the winters.

Sylvia, great joke! Hee hee

Leslie, that's terrific that you and Stan had a good talk about the wonderful memories of Mildred.

Michele, I log for the same reason and to make sure I stay within the limits. If I have a change in weight, I can look to see what I ate that day or two. The thing I like best is that I can log the day, early in the morning and know if I'm within my limits.

SSC, I shop at Costco but only for a few items. I agree that on many things they are expensive not to mention I don't always need their large quantities. Since DH does most of the shopping, he knows the prices of things. They do have wonderful romaine lettuce hearts at a good price here.

Yannie, I’ll say you had a productive day. Good for you. I admit that I am just lazy. Once I get up, have coffee and watch the morning news and eat breakfast, it’s upstairs to the computer. I check email, log my food and catch up on you ladies. Then it’s time to exercise which takes an hour or a little longer and the morning is almost gone. Once I finish that routine, clean up and get dressed for the day, I may not do another productive thing all day. I need about 8 hours of sleep a day, so if I only get 6-7 I nearly always try to take a nap in the afternoon. I say try because often it ends up just being a rest as I never get to sleep. I go to bed anywhere from 10:30-1:00, but usually around midnight. I get up normally between 7:00 and 8:00.

Barbie, what a wonderful surprise call from your stepdaughter. That will be a great treat if she comes to visit.

Thought for the day: You can’t expect to look like a million bucks if you keep eating from the dollar menu. :D

I hope you all have a restful night.

My word #1 is savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.

#2 is opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.

Janet
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm just about to go to bed and thought I'd check in. Things went great with the kids this afternoon. We went bowling. They bowled and my son and I watched. Then I brought them home to play outside for a while. All the way home they were arguing about who would get to play with grandpa. (It was so cute.). I said, maybe grandpa won't want to play with anybody, and the little guy said, "oh, grandma, that's funny!" So, they played hide and seek with grandpa, climbed trees and rode bikes. Well, not all of them climbed trees. Only the middle DGD could do it, and she didn't go very high. Hubby was worried and came in to ask if I thought it was ok for her to climb the tree, and I went to look. She was sitting on the very lowest branch of the big sweet gum tree, which was about 3 feet off the ground. I thought that was funny. When I was her age I used to climb really high up in the old mulberry tree and hang upside down by my knees eating mulberries.

Then we went to supper. By then we were pooped, but the kids were still hyper, so my son was taking them to a friends house to play. My tummy seemed to do a lot better today. I think it works best to have several tiny meals (more like snacks) than one bigger meal. Soft and bland. That's my new diet.

There is a really bad smell in our great room, and I cannot find where it's coming from. It smells like something is dead or rotten, and it's strongest near my recliner. Of course, hubby can't smell it at all, but he tried to help me find it anyway. I'm worried one of the dogs brought something inside, but we sure can't find it. There isn't really anyplace it could be hiding. We looked under the furniture. Oh well. Maybe it will pass.

Tomorrow the new dishwasher arrives! Yippee! I can't wait to give it a try.

Good night ladies! Sleep well!

Sylvia
  • CaliforniaRower
    CaliforniaRower Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did an hour of balance games on the Wii today. Tomorrow's plan is to do some yoga, hold my plank, then take the extremepump class.

Made some parmesan catfish to have later in the week.

Sylvia
    - hope it's nothing serious and that you'll be right back with us. Great joke!

Mary from MN
    - really, the only exercise I do on the Wii is some balance games and some training games. But it's something a bit different and that's something I'm always looking for.

Joyce
    - I think everyone can figure out the meaning to my user name!

Liz
    - welcome! I take it you're from California? Where?

Carol in GA
    - I like to log mainly to see where the bulk of my calories are coming from. I really want to try having a larger meal in the afternoon and maybe just a bowl of cereal at night. Trying to figure out how to work this around dh since he likes a big meal at dinnertime. Supposedly I should be at 116lbs. Never gonna happen, not in this lifetime anyway. What are your interests?

katla
    - I too am sorry that you're leaving without seeing the grands. I honestly probably would have bought one of those masks, and seen them. Update: so glad you're going o see them!

Lillian - so sorry about your friend

Heather (and anyone else this applies to) - happy mothers day

Carol in GA - I find that the chocolate bran muffins fill me up, mainly because I usually drink about 24oz with one. Same thing for air popped popcorn. Lots of times I find that sharp cheddar cheese fills me up. Not the low fat type, the full fat. I just have a smaller amount of it.

Toni - I think a lot of the YMCA caring for its members depends on the CEO. I know that our YMCA doesn't really care about the members, the focus is more on getting new members and the Children's Fund. Another one of their focuses is on young members. But who has the disposable income? Certainly not the 20 and 30-somethings who are paying off mortgages and paying for college (for themselves or for their children). The one thing that I like about them is the fact that if you are a member of one YMCA and you go traveling, you can use most YMCA facilities away from home on their AWAY (always welcome at the Y) program. I don't really understand it, but I'd have to pay a $5 fee to use the one in Reston. Yet, I can use the one in FL for something like 5 times.

Just made a crockpot hot fudge sundae cake. It came out pretty good. Next time I won't use as much water and see how it goes.

Sylvia
    - cute joke. I especially liked the women's last reason for a computer to be male. Sadly, too true

Michele in NC

Hi Michele! Thanks for the welcome. I live in LA. I love it here. This post is truly amazing - what nice women! Thanks for including me!

Liz
  • CaliforniaRower
    CaliforniaRower Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    DamitJanit wrote: »
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding.

Thought for the day: You can’t expect to look like a million bucks if you keep eating from the dollar menu. :D

Janet
    Myrtle Beach, SC

LOVE this! "Million bucks" and dollar menu. I've rarely eaten fast food per se in my life - my preferred fast food used to be anything that comes in a bakery box. Those days ended...quite recently...
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, I am totally wiped out. 15362 steps today. Moved all the boxes out of the way so the dry walling can get done. The sun was shinning and the 70 km wind finally went away so I went outside to walk my dog.

Veggies are cleaned and ready for the week. Breakfast and Lunch are packed for work tomorrow....

I go to bed at 10 p.m. , earlier if really tired. I am up at 5 a.m. and out of the house by 5:30 and at work at 6:45 a.m. Monday to Thursday. I really don't like it when that internal alarm clock wakes me at 5 a.m. and it isn't a work day.

And it is bed time
    Goodnight all

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Sylvia: We don't use Skype any more because we all have iphones and can “facetime.” It is not as good as a real visit, and I pushed the issue so we’re here in CO, visiting the kids. I am now totally tired after a LONG day of driving. Tomorrow we’ll get up and when we’re ready, will pick up DGD from the babysitter and do something fun. I don’t know what we’ll do yet. I still need to get another birthday gift and I’m looking for a Doc McStuffins doll. It seems fitting since they’re all just getting over an illness. On another topic, if Spot ever manages to catch a full grown, healthy Canadian Goose, he will be the one who is in mortal danger. They are big and strong. His only chance would be to catch it sleeping. I love today’s joke about computer gender. Still smiling and DH laughed out loud. He thinks the men’s group made some good points. On another topic, if the bad smell by the recliner is not in the carpet, you might check below the floor and also the recliner itself.

Heather: Hearing your story of long ago remodeling reminds me of our previous house. We captured space in an unfloored area under the roof to use as a room and needed to build a staircase up to the newly made room. The whole project went on for about 7 years and DH finally hired someone to build the stairs. We sold that home to move to our current townhouse. The odd outfall is that DD has been remodeling her house for years and it is never done. She seems completely comfortable with chaos.

Barbie: I also make digital recordings of shows on TV so that I can watch them when I want, and even watch the better ones many times. I’m happy that you heard from your oldest stepdaughter from your first marriage after all this time. I hope you’ll be able to have a good visit.

Meg: I love the joke! I read it to DH and he gave a very satisfying groan.

Terri: I love hearing about your son’s sports, especially bowling. My mom loved to bowl. The closest I get these days is wii bowling, which is fun. DH’s various health conditions don’t allow real bowling anymore and I was never any good at it.

Lesley: I’m glad you had a nice day and a good chance to remember good times with Mildred.

Yanniejannie: I’ve found I need a good night’s sleep in order to function well the next day. I try for 7.5 to 8.5 hours. When I get enough sleep, the whole next day is better.

We made it to CO, we checked into the hotel where I left DH to have a good rest, and then I went to get a kitten with DD. It is a birthday present for DGD. It is a cute kitten and was away from mama for the first time. He was pretty anxious until I tuned in a classical radio station. He relaxed and listened to the music. At DD’s house he ran and hid.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

March Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep.

30881843.png
  • crazyDogLady61
    crazyDogLady61 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I can't believe how far behind I am again. Hugely busy weekend but did have time to do a good brush out on both dogs.
    They look marvelous.

Sally W
    Oregon

loob22zfltov84t.jpg
    ziwbv4yea2ag.jpg

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Plodding along again to catch up….
    Lesley – just read about your dream, with Mildred jumping into a gorge… I don’t know what to believe about dreams but this one seems like it is a way to be told that she is ok and cares about you being ok.

Yanniejannie, and Vicki – sending you (((((((((hugs)))))))))))) gun violence is just so scary and prevalent.

Sassy – thanks for the brownie recipe…. And for “cooked grapes” !!! perfect

I just read my post from 2 days ago…I am catching up!!! Yeah!!!

Lin – do you think you might be putting your fitbit into sleep mode?

Carolyn – welcome, just start by visiting us and logging the food you eat….

Katla – I hope the rest of your vacation is good…

Beth – what a great NSV that your family likes your healthy cooking!

Heather – I am so glad you are making contact with those you “should” and the dinner party sounded great – salmon wheels—yummy

Jane – glad DD surgery went well and on a new place!

Sylvia – hope all is well, Loved the nasa joke

Liz- CArower – are you another CA gal? I am from Northern CA

Ok my yesterday post!!! I am making it – I will catch up tonight…

Carol – in GA ---- could you be dealing with a bit of depression, sometimes that makes it hard to get started.

Heather – Mother’s day? Over here mother’s day is in May… on a Sunday…

I did it!!!! I caught up !!!

This is a bit weird, but I am a bit anxious about tomorrow… I have a doctor’s appointment in the morning; I got heath insurance via Obama Care (the only way I could afford it) – I got Kaiser, which is a system that has the doctors and hospitals and everything connected. This is the first time I have been to a doctor since 2006 – I am not worried about anything specific, it is just a new experience and I am not real comfortable with it. I have never had a physical in my whole life, and only have gone to the dr. when injured or sick; but need to get a mammogram and a pap and need to have a primary care first – so tomorrow is primary and then next week is pap and mammogram…

Well catching up took 4 hours, so now it is bed time.

March goals:
    Walk every day
    Log all bites everyday
    Eat slower
    Plan and do a fun thing every week

Kim from N. California
    58855297.png
    cpm4qpkvnykb.jpg
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Liz, welcome to our 'little' group. We are a very quiet group, no one says anything. NOT As you see we are a great group of friends and always room for one more.

Allison, I do not envy you at all. With all the stress in your life, probably some snow left on the ground, FIL, demanding spouse, you have a lot on your plate. But it will be wonderful in the end. We have a tiny hallway bath and tinyer master bath. We contracted some one to redo our hallway bath. We picked out all the supplies then our contractor picked them up so he could get his contracters discount. But that was a hassle. When we had our downstairs redone, it was no hassle at all except that we had to share one TV! But Charlie likes to hire the cheapest estimate. He is in prison right now due to his fraud. We had a guy that was painting the exterior of their house and all of a sudden he was painting the whole block. He also is in prison for fraud. The guy we hired to redo our deck did the most awful job and he went back to prison but it was from a prior offense, not shoddy workmanship.

Coral, I know how you feel. I am in the same rut. I know I need to read the newspapers so they don't pile up and make my living room look like I am a hoarder. I know I need to do my laundry, get up off my butt and exercise but I just don't do it. Let's get going together

Lillian I have several things that have come from my parents home. I really don't like some of them but keep them out of guilt, they were Mom's and I have to keep them. I would be a bad daughter if I gave them away or sold them.

Janet in Myrtle Beach. I know my life would be much simpler if I moved but this is my home, it's the only home my kids or my grand kids have ever known. After the family got big enough and couldn't have Christmas at our parents house, we had it here. This home is the Peterson 'home' to go to for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Besides that, my husband takes his frustrations out on the walls. I leave them alone, I refuse to try to fix them. i want him to see that hole every time he walks by. So he patches them. But he doesn't sand them down enough. When he repaints, you can still see the layer of patch. But he is satisfied. So it would take so much to get our home sellable. Some day we may have to put in a stair lift with my MS and Charlies Parkinson's. And the stairs aren't that wide. I hope it can be. That would be the one time I would consider moving. He wants to move to a smaller house. Nope, no way. I have to be able to have my daughter and 2 grand daughters stay here.

Katla, when you husband sees those grand kids, his heart will melt and he will be glad you went ahead as planned.

Sylvia, can you do me a favor and at least let the doctor know you are still having these occasional symptoms and let him be the judge as to whether an appointment is needed.

Sylvia, there is no bacon on the regular side salad at Texas Roadhouse, just the big salad.

Michele, I can easily see how you got your name, no explanation needed!

I am almost ashamed when I tell you my sleep habits. I get up at noon! I usually go to bed around 2 or 2:30 AM. I feel best when I get 10 hours of sleep. Church was good today. Our choir special was 'Be still" by Stephen Curtis Chapman. The instrumentation of the CD is so beautiful and the song so meaningful. Everyone say our trio was good. After I sung it, I wonder if my own pride took away form part of the beauty of the song. Our choir director has a fantastic vocal range. When the trio had sung this song before, another alto sang with them. But she is about 80 and has wanted to drop doing the special music and recommended me to the director. The low note in this music, for those of you who read music, is the E flat below middle C. That is looow. So Nancy with her range hits it well. And I don't know if I gave that note the quality it deserved.

Glorious 66 degree weather today, loved it! Joyce, Indiana
  • sweetnsassyfied
    sweetnsassyfied Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    nother night of fitful sleep. So ate a big ol stack of silver dollar sized pancakes made with fresh whole blueberries. Slept like a baby for the next 4 hours 9am -1pm. I really needed that carb crash! I felt so good when I woke again. Drank a cuppa on the balcony. The Sun was shining, with the southern exposure it felt to be about 65. It was glorious, read a little, watched the children play in the park. A lovely hour spent. :flower:

Alex went down for a Sunday afternoon nap. While he was sleeping I opened the balcony door & got on the bike and rode. It felt so good to move again. :lol:

As good as those pancakes were I needed something healthy with sustenance. So whipped up a chicken stew, doubled the carrots and onions, adding steamed broccoli to my bowl. Tossed it all on top of some left over wild rice we had a few nights back. My taste buds are still out of whack so I had to add some hot garlicky sauce as well. Though truth be told, I think the best thing I had to eat today was my mock apple crisp. Warm and yummy on the tummy. I dice up an apple, add 10 grams of sultana's ( golden raisins ), 1/2 tsp of cinnamon, 1/4 tsp of nutmeg, and a tsp of ground pecans. Top it with 180g low fat vanilla yogurt and microwave for a minute 30. Depending on the size of your apple that yummy comes out to between 150-190 calories. Sometimes I really need comfort foods that are actually comforting.

Though chalk me up as an early riser. I wake daily between 3:30 - 4:30 am. For all the very same reasons as Barbie. I love hitting the streets and paths before the rest of the world wakes. As she said it's meditative, reflective, a wonderful time to inventory my life. Plus it sets me up for a great day as well. The running funny between family and friends regarding this is, That it's my job to wake the Sun each day. :D

I think I have rambled enough.

Sincerely,
    Sassy aus Austria
    • If you want it, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.

• Being Fat is Hard.
    Losing Weight is Hard.
    Maintenance is Hard.

Choose Your Hard.