FredMikmik Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    FredMikmik wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I have 2 horses and go to school so I use a lot of time on that. I usually get home at 8 and I don't have time for much else. I really want to build up muscles because I get a lot of injures since I'm weak hehe... The problem is I don't have time and I'm hoping some of you can help me :)
    Thank you everyone I have 5 horses I need to ride everyday so it's not that I'm making excuses not to workout. The problem is I don't have time to do a 1 hour workout since I need 8 hours sleep to function. I was more asking for some exercises that don't take a lot of time but are effective

Where did the extra 3 horses come from?

Anyhow ...do this http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

Get in your gym at school and do this http://stronglifts.com/5x5/

But riding and horse care should be great exercise

Relax I ride 2 horses in the week and 5 on weekends.

So workout at the weekends

Ride fewer horses to fit in a progressive lifting routine

Volunteer to muck out the stables

Can the excuses and just do something about it

Or stick with the girlish "I'm so weak hehe"

It's just that I can't help with the horses you have to have an education to muck out.
    But yes I do groom them. I guess I can just do some exercises at home maybe buy some barbells or something

You can ride the horses but you're not allowed to muck out?

Yes it's my own horses it's not some riding school
    And as I said above then it's a place for professional riders and they have a timetable for when they muck out and everything
  • FredMikmik
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    Who has been rude?

I don't know if you read it all but some people have just been focussing on irrelevant things and not very helpful and there's also a lot of people who have said that I make excuses but it's hard for me to workout more than 4 hours a day and I'm really looking for exercises not getting to know that I need to get up at 3.30 am since I need to get good grades and also be well rested
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I have 2 horses and go to school so I use a lot of time on that. I usually get home at 8 and I don't have time for much else. I really want to build up muscles because I get a lot of injures since I'm weak hehe... The problem is I don't have time and I'm hoping some of you can help me :)
    Thank you everyone I have 5 horses I need to ride everyday so it's not that I'm making excuses not to workout. The problem is I don't have time to do a 1 hour workout since I need 8 hours sleep to function. I was more asking for some exercises that don't take a lot of time but are effective

Where did the extra 3 horses come from?

Anyhow ...do this http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

Get in your gym at school and do this http://stronglifts.com/5x5/

But riding and horse care should be great exercise

Relax I ride 2 horses in the week and 5 on weekends.

So workout at the weekends

Ride fewer horses to fit in a progressive lifting routine

Volunteer to muck out the stables

Can the excuses and just do something about it

Or stick with the girlish "I'm so weak hehe"

It's just that I can't help with the horses you have to have an education to muck out.
    But yes I do groom them. I guess I can just do some exercises at home maybe buy some barbells or something

What?!? Since when do you need any type of education to muck out a stable?

I used to ride when I was in middle/high school. There wasn't much fund for after schools activities, so I pretty much earned about 70% of my riding lessons by doing stable work. One of the big things was mucking out stables and grooming. No education required.

Grooming was actually required after your lessons, as well as saddling up your own horse and stuff.

You own 2 horses, but ride 5 on the weekend, but don't do any grooming or mucking? No one "just rides" their horses. I am sorry, but with so many inconsistencies I call shenanigans.

My horses are in a stable with few horses and the owner of the stable have been to the Olympics so he wants there to be a certain standard

There's a standard to mucking out a stable of a horse you own? Uhhh no. Sorry.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Find time or stay weak. You've been given several good suggestions for quick body weight programs which you've chosen to ignore because you would rather argue.
  • Stargrace2
    Stargrace2 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Not sure why everyone is picking on you and being rude, but in any case. It's easy to fit in 10 minutes of exercises here and there. Get some little hand held weights, use them while you study. Jog to and from classes and your horses stuff. Get up 30 minutes earlier or stay up 30 minutes later to do some heavier / more involved exercises. Look for body weight exercises (there's lots) that don't require equipment. Why everyone is focusing on calling "shenanigans" about the horses when you already said English isn't your first language, I have no idea. That's not helpful at all to you and your question.
  • SBRRepeat
    SBRRepeat Posts: 384 Member
    Options

You own 2 horses, but ride 5 on the weekend, but don't do any grooming or mucking? No one "just rides" their horses. I am sorry, but with so many inconsistencies I call shenanigans.

Very rich people just ride their horses. I used to work at barns where most of the owners probably couldn't even pick a good.
    I knew a girl who rode at Sleepy Hollow Country Club in New York and riders there stayed in the heated lounge next to the arena until their fully tacked and, often already warmed up, horses were brought in for them. As soon as their ride was over, the horses were handed over to the grooms to be cooled down and untacked. Show days were the same way.
    Hard to imagine, but lots of people grow up that way.

OP, volunteer to clean a stall, I guarantee the grooms won't tell you you don't have the right degree.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Who has been rude?

I don't know if you read it all but some people have just been focussing on irrelevant things and not very helpful and there's also a lot of people who have said that I make excuses but it's hard for me to workout more than 4 hours a day and I'm really looking for exercises not getting to know that I need to get up at 3.30 am since I need to get good grades and also be well rested

Holy cow....what a teenager

Look, it's your problem...you've been given solutions, use some of them ...or don't

I'm out
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Stargrace2 wrote: »
    Not sure why everyone is picking on you and being rude, but in any case. It's easy to fit in 10 minutes of exercises here and there. Get some little hand held weights, use them while you study. Jog to and from classes and your horses stuff. Get up 30 minutes earlier or stay up 30 minutes later to do some heavier / more involved exercises. Look for body weight exercises (there's lots) that don't require equipment. Why everyone is focusing on calling "shenanigans" about the horses when you already said English isn't your first language, I have no idea. That's not helpful at all to you and your question.

No one was being rude. Suggestions were given and OP would rather make excuses. :noway:
  • FredMikmik
    Options
    Who has been rude?

Look, it's your problem...you've been given solutions, use some of them ...or don't

I'm out

There has also been people who have suggested some good things I weren't talking about you. I know at my problem and that's why I'm trying to fix it but people shouldn't say that I make excuses I'm just telling you my problem because I don't know how to solve it some people help me with giving me some exercise tips which I'm grateful for
    But that first sentence you wrote was unnecessary I don't know why people in here needs to write sentences that doesn't help anyone.
  • FredMikmik
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Find time or stay weak. You've been given several good suggestions for quick body weight programs which you've chosen to ignore because you would rather argue.

I have said thank you to the people who have given me suggestions and I'm taking them in
  • FredMikmik
    Options
    Stargrace2 wrote: »

Thank you and I don't know either it's a bit sad and frustrating
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Who has been rude?

I'm out

There has also been people who have suggested some good things I weren't talking about you. I know at my problem and that's why I'm trying to fix it but people shouldn't say that I make excuses I'm just telling you my problem because I don't know how to solve it some people help me with giving me some exercise tips which I'm grateful for
    But that first sentence you wrote was unnecessary I don't know why people in here needs to write sentences that doesn't help anyone.

It's the internet, it's how it goes. But, in the amount of time you've spent responding to people and arguing, you could have done some decent body weight exercises. Hell, I've been on the elliptical.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one with the suspicion someone might be a tad younger than they claim?
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Not to make excuses for the OP, but I used to work on a horse farm that was owned by an Olympian and I was not 'qualified' to muck, groom, tack or turnout any of the Olympic caliber horses. The rest of the farm (boarder and school horses) was fair game.

But anyway, OP: get up earlier than you normally do and work out.
  • SBRRepeat
    SBRRepeat Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Look, OP, if you are training with an Olympic level athlete and getting injured regularly while riding, you need to sit down with your trainer and figure out a new training schedule. Riding is a low impact sport until you fall off and weight training is not going to help you if you hit the ground hard. Decrease the amount of riding you're doing until you get fixed up. I'm sure your coach has recommendations for the kind of conditioning to you should do.
  • FredMikmik
    Options
    SBRRepeat wrote: »
    Look, OP, if you are training with an Olympic level athlete and getting injured regularly while riding, you need to sit down with your trainer and figure out a new training schedule. Riding is a low impact sport until you fall off and weight training is not going to help you if you hit the ground hard. Decrease the amount of riding you're doing until you get fixed up. I'm sure your coach has recommendations for the kind of conditioning to you should do.

Thank you I feel like I might need to get it checked
  • FredMikmik
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    auddii wrote: »
    Who has been rude?

I'm out

It's the internet, it's how it goes. But, in the amount of time you've spent responding to people and arguing, you could have done some decent body weight exercises. Hell, I've been on the elliptical.

Great point. The OP could have gotten a great workout in since thus thread started? OP, why didn't you do that?
    Am I the only one with the suspicion someone might be a tad younger than they claim?

You-Are-Not-Alone.jpg

Could I get to know why you think that?
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Here's an article in the NY Times describing a 7-minute body-weight workout.
    It also links to the article/research from the American College of Sports Medicine, saying the same things, so this isn't just some blogger making things up.
    Do this as a break once an hour when you're studying, or at lunch, etc.
    http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/05/09/the-scientific-7-minute-workout/