Options

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    FredMikmik wrote: »
    I wake up at 6 and have to be at school 730 til 5 and then I go straight to my horses and end at 8. The problem is I also got homework. But ok I guess I just need to get up earlier or go to bed late...

So you have 2 hours between 8 and 10 (if you need 8 hours sleep and get up at 6). Spend an hour on home work, half an hour working out and half an hour in front of the tv before bed, simples.

I have 3 hours of homework everyday

So when do you do 3 hours if you are in bed for 10?

It's supposed to take 3 hours but I get it done in 2-2,5 hours

Riiiiiight.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi guys,
    I have 2 horses and go to school so I use a lot of time on that. I usually get home at 8 and I don't have time for much else. I really want to build up muscles because I get a lot of injures since I'm weak hehe... The problem is I don't have time and I'm hoping some of you can help me :)
    Thank you everyone I have 5 horses I need to ride everyday so it's not that I'm making excuses not to workout. The problem is I don't have time to do a 1 hour workout since I need 8 hours sleep to function. I was more asking for some exercises that don't take a lot of time but are effective

Where did the extra 3 horses come from?

Anyhow ...do this http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

Get in your gym at school and do this http://stronglifts.com/5x5/

But riding and horse care should be great exercise

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    1/10
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I wake up at 6 and have to be at school 730 til 5 and then I go straight to my horses and end at 8. The problem is I also got homework. But ok I guess I just need to get up earlier or go to bed late...

So you have 2 hours between 8 and 10 (if you need 8 hours sleep and get up at 6). Spend an hour on home work, half an hour working out and half an hour in front of the tv before bed, simples.

I used to have 2 to 4 hours of homework most nights.

• FredMikmik
    FredMikmik Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I have 2 horses and go to school so I use a lot of time on that. I usually get home at 8 and I don't have time for much else. I really want to build up muscles because I get a lot of injures since I'm weak hehe... The problem is I don't have time and I'm hoping some of you can help me :)
    Thank you everyone I have 5 horses I need to ride everyday so it's not that I'm making excuses not to workout. The problem is I don't have time to do a 1 hour workout since I need 8 hours sleep to function. I was more asking for some exercises that don't take a lot of time but are effective

Anyhow ...do this http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

Relax I ride 2 horses in the week and 5 on weekends.
  • FredMikmik
    Options
    I would really like you guys to help me with the actual question. It would be nice if you could suggest some exercises and I'm sorry that my English isn't good it's just how it is I mess up in things sometimes
  • awesomewastaken
    awesomewastaken Posts: 92 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Do you prepare the horses yourself or do you have a groom do that for you? If the latter then there's a quick workout right there - groom and saddle up the horses, muck out their stables and take water and hay bales to them. Plus do 10 squats and lunges before and after mounting. I'm sure there are plenty of sturdy bars or door frames in the stable where you could do pull ups for example.
    - Stop making up excuses and get creative!
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Hi guys,

So workout at the weekends

Ride fewer horses to fit in a progressive lifting routine

Volunteer to muck out the stables

Can the excuses and just do something about it

Or stick with the girlish "I'm so weak hehe"
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »

Good for you
  • SBRRepeat
    SBRRepeat Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Holy cow, if you aren't strong riding 5 horses a day, then I don't know what will get you there...
    I used to be a working student at a dressage farm, riding 3-5 times a day, plus tacking and grooming for the boss, plus moving hay and manure and 19 hand stallions around. I was built like a freaking powerlifter. I miss those biceps...

If all you do is ride and you're not strong from that, may I recommend volunteering to care for your own horses? It builds a bond with them, makes you more fit, and it makes your likely overworked grooms much happier (speaking from experience here).
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options

Squats, push ups, sit ups. You can do them just before your shower. :)

• Sued0nim
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I would really like you guys to help me with the actual question. It would be nice if you could suggest some exercises and I'm sorry that my English isn't good it's just how it is I mess up in things sometimes

I gave you two programmes to follow which you ignored and told me to relax

I will assume this was a language barrier and not rudeness
  • FredMikmik
    Options
    Hi guys,

It's just that I can't help with the horses you have to have an education to muck out.
    But yes I do groom them. I guess I can just do some exercises at home maybe buy some barbells or something
  • FredMikmik
    Options

I gave you two programmes to follow which you ignored and told me to relax

I will assume this was a language barrier and not rudeness

No thank you I saw them. It's just that a lot of people are being rude here and I didn't really get why you had to comment on the horse thing it just seems unnecessary
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options

Good for you

You said it was easy, and sometimes it's not. I'm not saying it should be an excuse, but saying it is easy isn't helpful.

• FredMikmik
    Options

Good for you

Maybe you don't have a lot of homework in your country but it's not the same all over the world
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

It's just that I can't help with the horses you have to have an education to muck out.
    But yes I do groom them. I guess I can just do some exercises at home maybe buy some barbells or something

What?!? Since when do you need any type of education to muck out a stable?

I used to ride when I was in middle/high school. There wasn't much fund for after schools activities, so I pretty much earned about 70% of my riding lessons by doing stable work. One of the big things was mucking out stables and grooming. No education required.

Grooming was actually required after your lessons, as well as saddling up your own horse and stuff.

You own 2 horses, but ride 5 on the weekend, but don't do any grooming or mucking? No one "just rides" their horses. I am sorry, but with so many inconsistencies I call shenanigans.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Hi guys,

You can ride the horses but you're not allowed to muck out?
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    Who has been rude?
  • FredMikmik
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

What?!? Since when do you need any type of education to muck out a stable?

I used to ride when I was in middle/high school. There wasn't much fund for after schools activities, so I pretty much earned about 70% of my riding lessons by doing stable work. One of the big things was mucking out stables and grooming. No education required.

Grooming was actually required after your lessons, as well as saddling up your own horse and stuff.

You own 2 horses, but ride 5 on the weekend, but don't do any grooming or mucking? No one "just rides" their horses. I am sorry, but with so many inconsistencies I call shenanigans.

My horses are in a stable with few horses and the owner of the stable have been to the Olympics so he wants there to be a certain standard