Remind myself to be on "the list".
    Find a non-food reward.

Best day to all.
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Good morning to each of you!! B)

First day to a brand new month - and I blew it. Grazed last night- my leg was hurting and that is how I handled it. And you know what - did not help my leg at all LOL

For this old Grandma. How do you get the names in blue like this: @rebamae: (I copied this one from a post) I have tried and I can't figure it out.

Thurs 7/2/15
    1. I will eat only my planned food - no late night snacking.
    2. Work on cleaning the dining room
    3. Get rooms ready for Grandkids this week-end
    4. Start decluttering the office
    5. Go to Dr and get prothom checked.

Happy Thursday to each of you o:)
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Rebamae wrote: »

For this old Grandma. How do you get the names in blue like this: @rebamae: (I copied this one from a post) I have tried and I can't figure it out.
    :)

you use the @ symbol and type their user name and the system will change it to blue. As you type the username, MFP will give you fill ins.
  • Rebamae
    Options
    @losingrae
    Thank you so much!!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

Wednesday:
    1.10,000 steps :)
    2. swim :)
    3. stay under 100 G carbs :)

Thursday:
    1. 20,000 steps
    2. walk, enjoy art festival, dance Cuban salsa!
    3. make reasonable choices when eating out
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    After spending a weekend visiting my relatives, and seeing 12 of my high school classmates (from 46 yrs ago), time to get back on track. This summer I have been doing so awful - mindless eating, not tracking, just having fun, and not paying attention.

It was great seeing classmates that I had not seen in 46 yrs - 8 of these friend go all the way back to grade school. But as I watched some of them, very overweight, having arthritis, one using a walker already, 1 having difficulty going up and down the stairs, I realized how important it is to take good care of our health. I am very healthy, just 20 lbs overweight. So I am fortunate. I do not have any arthritis, probably because I walk a lot, and am very active. But I lost 4 siblings to early death because of cancer. I know that extra weight is not good, and too much sugar is not good.

So here is day 1 again - for the upteenth time, and trying to recommit. I turn 64 yrs old on July 20, so if I can even get 5 lbs off by then, that will be good. I don't have to be on plan everyday. If I have a day where I am off plan, the most important thing is to just get back on track the next day.

so my goal for the rest of today
    1. come back to this site everyday!
    2. concentrate on water in the evenings. Only 1 glass of wine, and plan my snacks for the evening.
    3. LOG everybite that I eat!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,289 Member
    Options
    Just for today
    1. Remember to come back (I will, I will, I will)
    2. No late night snacking
    3. Strength training

@Joan, glad to see you back! Life gets in the way, hubby ended up coming out of retirement so things are starting to calm down! I'm not too good with my diet when hubby home all the time! I will catch up on everyone!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Just for today
    1. Remember to come back (I will, I will, I will)
    2. No late night snacking
    3. Strength training

@Joan, glad to see you back! Life gets in the way, hubby ended up coming out of retirement so things are starting to calm down! I'm not too good with my diet when hubby home all the time! I will catch up on everyone!

And this is my life -- hubby and I BOTH work out of our home. SO it has been hard, as he wants ice cream in the evening, McDonalds for lunch. WHile during the summer months I tend to exercise and walk more, not so good with the diet.

SO glad to see you back with us though Jackie! You are such an inspiration!
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Going to a AAA baseball game, going to enjoy myself without overdoing the treats.
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options

Wednesday:
    1.10,000 steps :)
    2. swim :)
    3. stay under 100 G carbs :)

Thursday:
    1. 20,000 steps
    2. walk, enjoy art festival, dance Cuban salsa!
    3. make reasonable choices when eating out

It's been super hot in Washington State so glad the gym I go to has a pool! Nice job with your goals Wednesday!
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    Rebamae wrote: »
    Good morning to each of you!! B)

First day to a brand new month - and I blew it. Grazed last night- my leg was hurting and that is how I handled it. And you know what - did not help my leg at all LOL

Thurs 7/2/15
    3. Get rooms ready for Grandkids this week-end
    4. Start decluttering the office
    5. Go to Dr and get prothom checked.

Happy Thursday to each of you o:)

It seems late night snacking is a problem for a lot of people! Take day by day you can do this! My problem IF I get bored I eat, lol :'(:'(
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    Just for today
    1. Remember to come back (I will, I will, I will) :)
    2. No late night snacking :)
    3. Strength training :)

Just for today 7/3
    1. Early run
    2. Eat dinner at home
    3. Start putting pictures in photo albums!
    4. Come back!!!!!!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,327 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    After spending a weekend visiting my relatives, and seeing 12 of my high school classmates (from 46 yrs ago), time to get back on track. This summer I have been doing so awful - mindless eating, not tracking, just having fun, and not paying attention.

It was great seeing classmates that I had not seen in 46 yrs - 8 of these friend go all the way back to grade school. But as I watched some of them, very overweight, having arthritis, one using a walker already, 1 having difficulty going up and down the stairs, I realized how important it is to take good care of our health. I am very healthy, just 20 lbs overweight. So I am fortunate. I do not have any arthritis, probably because I walk a lot, and am very active. But I lost 4 siblings to early death because of cancer. I know that extra weight is not good, and too much sugar is not good.

So here is day 1 again - for the upteenth time, and trying to recommit. I turn 64 yrs old on July 20, so if I can even get 5 lbs off by then, that will be good. I don't have to be on plan everyday. If I have a day where I am off plan, the most important thing is to just get back on track the next day.

so my goal for the rest of today
    1. come back to this site everyday!
    2. concentrate on water in the evenings. Only 1 glass of wine, and plan my snacks for the evening.
    3. LOG everybite that I eat!

@joan6630 It is a wake-up call when we see our peers and realise that we,can make life better for ourselves. Well done, Joan, for recommitting yourself to your well-being. :)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,327 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Great to read all your posts.

JFT 2/07
    1. Finish the clear-out I started yesterday. :) This is a bigger job than anticipated, but I got loads done. Should finish it tomorrow.
    2. Relax in the shade. :) I took time out to read and just chill in the garden.
    3. Pre-plan menus; stick to the plan. :) This is keeping me on track. I can look at balancing my nutrition and still leave a little for a treat.
    4. Beach walk after lunch. :) Got focused on the clear out. However, I went for a late evening stroll to enjoy the sunset.

It's another scorcher. A gentle breeze is coming from the south.

Have a great day, friends!

[/quote]

JFT 3/07
    1. Pre-plan menus; stick to the plan. Stay under basic cal goal.
    2. 10,000+ steps.
    3. 40 minutes T'ai Chi for Legs/Flexibility.
    4. Finish de clutter in computer room.
    5. Go to Parchment Craft Group meeting after lunch.
    6. Organise photo albums.

Those midnight munchies are hard to fight.
    When tiredness comes in the dark of night.
    Resolve is weak
    Temptation at its peak,
    Luring you to take 'just one bite'.

This is a difficult one to deal with at times, I find.

• markmacare
    markmacare Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Just for today 03-07
    1. Body Beast Tempo Back and Biceps workout
    2. Get things organized for beach bbq tonight
    3. Schedule visits to potential new houses

Yesterday
    1. Cycle to work Done
    2. Write in journal Nope
    3. Discuss next house Done
  • Rebamae
    Options
    Good morning to each of you! B)

I am having a lot of pain with my "blood clot leg", so consequently, I did not get as much done as I had planned.
    Thurs 7/2/15
    :) 1. I will eat only my planned food - no late night snacking.
    :) 2. Work on cleaning the dining room
    :/ 3. Get rooms ready for Grandkids this week-end
    :/ 4. Start decluttering the office
    :) 5. Go to Dr and get prothom checked.

Fri 7/3/15
    3. Swimming pool with Grands

Happy Friday to all!
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    JFT
    1.) Help my son, he is getting braces on teeth today. The good news is they are removing the palate expander he has had in for 10 months.
    2.) Get out for a bike ride
    3.) Stay calm as I am getting ready to host big 4th of July party tomorrow!!!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    I am feeling really down today, so I will have to work extra hard at eating healthy. I think it was being with so many friends, and then you come back home to the quiet. Quiet is nice, but I miss so much the big family get togethers we always had at the holidays, and just having friends around. It is just my husband and our daughter will mental illness, who is still in bed. Her illness has cost us many friends, as we cannot have people over like we used to, and we don't want to leave her here alone.

So just for today....

1. Keep busy this entire weekend, and look at the positives in life. We have each other. Even though my siblings are all in heaven, they would not want me to be sad.
    2. Plan my meals so I eat healthy. It will be OK to grill a hamburger, just plan to have it.
    3. Try and get in a long bike ride my myself this afternoon.

• alise_lmx
    alise_lmx Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I like this thread idea, it's something I kind of do in my head on my own so I think writing it down today would help!

Just for today I will focus on how I feel. My overeating comes from not dealing with my emotions. So if I eat out of boredom, frustration, or sadness, I need to just let those feelings happen and wait for them to pass. Eating isn't going to help them go away, it just makes it worse.