Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Options

Replies

• aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    kwfitgal wrote: »
    @aerochic: You certainly have a go-go life right now! Maybe that will help you to "forget" to eat--i.e. too busy to nibble mindlessly. Hope all goes well re: prep for your renters!

Maybe a little bit on the nibbling, but that could be it's summer and I get the it's too hot to eat. Although I have to watch that one as well, because I'll sometimes just nibble repeatedly instead of eating a meal.

JFT Tuesday
    1. one cup of coffee :neutral: one cup of coffee, one cup of tea
    2. mow :sweat_smile::smiley: Did this even after going to the gym for a bit to kill some time while waiting on hubby. It was half way to jungle stage and wet and probably would have been easier if I had raised the mower deck one click.
    3. knock items off to-do list before traveling 12 hours on Thursday to check out rental property. :neutral: Not as much as would have been useful to prevent this evening from being busy.

JFT Wednesday
    pack, clean, laundry after work
  • markmacare
    markmacare Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    While I met my targets yesterday, still could've done better. Just for today:
    1. Meditate 30 minutes
    2. Cycle to work
    3. Buy groceries for rest of the week
    4. Look at possible destinations for holiday

Yesterday
    1. Agree on terms of sale for our house - done
    2. Stay within MFP calorie goals - done
    3. Do Insanity Max 30 Cardio Challenge and Ab Ripper X workouts done
    4. Clean our house done
    5. Enjoy the sunshine! :)
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Saragirl2 wrote: »

I'm watching a documentary on Netflix called Fed Up & some individuals on the show have pointed out that the Daily Recommended Value for sugar is not posted on Nutrition facts on our food labels. This is scary-how much sugar (%) should we have in our diet?? Different countries have different %.

Hey, Sara, I've referenced Sarah Wilson's book, "I Quit Sugar", a few times in here...She has a very informative section on how much sugar is in the typical american's diet, what her personal goals are re: sugar, places where sugar is hiding in processed foods, etc. It could be a good place to start--I know that there must be tons online, too! Good luck!
    Thank you kwfitgal-I'm going to look into the book. Sounds very informative.

• Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Happy Canada Day!!

JFT
    Feeling scattered-need to journal & get back on track.
    Preplan suppers & do a lot of prep.
    Take kids for haircuts.
    Pilates.
    Call doc back regarding torn meniscus.
    Journal & be grateful.

Really enjoying the weight lifting program a trainer set up for me. I can't believe that after 6 sessions (on my own) I need to increase weight for almost all the exercises!! I'm going to make another appt with her to discuss. Definitely working around my injured knee.

• kristen_bures
    kristen_bures Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Today I will log all my food
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

Tuesday:
    1. 10,000 steps :) 10,224
    2. swim a mile :( got called out to glean cherries and couldn't get to the pool before it closed
    3. stay under 100 G carbs :)

Wednesday:
    1.10,000 steps
    2. swim
    3. stay under 100 G carbs
  • kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday:
    1. Stay again w.i. "fasting" cal limit (I was trying to do this last week and was very undisciplined) :/ Was within a normal amount, but not fasting.
    2. 3+ pints water/tea :)
    3. Exercise 30 min :)
    4. Put away winter coats mess off couch!!! (Changing coats/snowpants/boots/clothing seasonally for 8 kiddos is a large project! :) ) ;) Started sorting and washing. Put away today.
    5. Bible time/read more in ETMVF :)

JFT Wednesday:
    1. Stay again w.i. "fasting" cal limit
    2. 3+ pints water/tea
    3. Exercise 30 min
    4. Put away winter coats mess off couch!!!
    5. Bible time/read more in ETMVF
    6. Get J's transcript more finalized
    7. Make appt with ENT re: possible damage to vocal cords.
  • esmesqualor
    esmesqualor Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Last week I had a planned, fairly minor surgery. My body did not like it, ended up very ill and in ER...my husband's care taking seems to involve lots of treats.....
    Just for today (even though it is half over):
    I will stay present, so my choices are conscious
    I will prep some fruit for a treat this evening so I don't eat something I will regret
    I will be kind to my recovering body and know that tomorrow will be easier
    I will enjoy this last "sick" day off instead of stressing about the lost income.

I get a lot of strength from reading all of your posts. It really does help to know that we are all struggling with the same issues, that there is nothing "wrong" with me, that the weight will come off if I am honest and consistent.
  • esmesqualor
    esmesqualor Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My daughter and grand-daughter arrive tomorrow for 10 days. This will be a good food period for me. My daughter eats a completely whole foods, plant-based diet, really nothing processed (except organic almond milk and sprouted whole grain bread). I will use it to get back on track!
  • baldielove13
    baldielove13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Just for today:

1. I'll eat under my allotted calories for the day
    2. I'll go to the gym
    3. I'll have 1 serving of ice cream for dessert
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    @feistyjojo: Glad to hear your meeting/client situation went well!! If it is ok to ask, what business are you in? It sounds interesting with all the travel, etc. :) I used to be fluent in French also and hoped to use it, but it's not very common up here in hickville/redneck land, lol!

@kwfitgal of course it's okay to ask!! I run my own business in team, management and leadership development. ... facilitation, Coaching, training. I also do freelance work for other organisations (hence the French stuff... They have lots of international clients). My mission is to Bring Humanity to Work (in all its senses). Love what I do. Even if it can get pretty crazy sometimes! :-)
  • feistyjojo
    Options
    feistyjojo wrote: »
    Tuesday's goals:
    - Eat when hungry and not when nervous/tired (I have a 5am wake up and 8.30 start for an all day session with a new client!)

- Eat mindfully

Really not having a good week as far as goals and eating behaviours are concerned!
    Failed on both of these.
    didn't submit goals for today and have chosen to eat a load of biscuits which has taken me unnecessarily over calorie target.
    Bit annoyed with myself.
  • feistyjojo
    Options
    Thursday's goals
    Going to a flower show in the 30 degree heat tomorrow. Hmmmm.
    - Eat sensibly. Ask the friend I'm going with to help me remember to eat and drink mindfully
    - Stay hydrated and eat enough that I don't get ravenous then pig out!!
    - enjoy my Pimms!
    - hit calorie goal +15%
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,372 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Last week I had a planned, fairly minor surgery. My body did not like it, ended up very ill and in ER...my husband's care taking seems to involve lots of treats.....
    Just for today (even though it is half over):
    I will stay present, so my choices are conscious
    I will prep some fruit for a treat this evening so I don't eat something I will regret
    I will be kind to my recovering body and know that tomorrow will be easier
    I will enjoy this last "sick" day off instead of stressing about the lost income.

I get a lot of strength from reading all of your posts. It really does help to know that we are all struggling with the same issues, that there is nothing "wrong" with me, that the weight will come off if I am honest and consistent.

So sorry to hear about your surgery. Take extra care until you recover. It's good that your daughter's visit will help you get back on track. Have a good day. :smile:
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    Thursday's goals
    Going to a flower show in the 30 degree heat tomorrow. Hmmmm.
    - Eat sensibly. Ask the friend I'm going with to help me remember to eat and drink mindfully
    - Stay hydrated and eat enough that I don't get ravenous then pig out!!
    - enjoy my Pimms!
    - hit calorie goal +15%

Definitely stay extra hydrated, especially if you are out in the hot sun.
  • umagwenzi
    umagwenzi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello i would love to join

Just for today i will stick to gluten free bread
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    [/quote]
    JFT 1/07
    1. Pre-plan menus; stick to the plan. :) I re gigged a few things but stayed on track. Phew!
    2. Do the weekly shop this morning, buy healthy food. ;)
    3. 10,000 + steps. 10.461. Went for a long walk along the coast after dinner.
    4. Get out and work in the garden. :neutral: Got bogged down with clearing out some cupboards.

It's a scorcher today and looks set to get even warmer. Have a great day, everyone. :)
    It was cooler inside today. There was a lovely fresh breeze at the coast, so more pleasant for walking.
    [/quote]

JFT 2/07
    1. Finish the clear-out I started yesterday.
    2. Relax in the shade.
    3. Pre-plan menus; stick to the plan.
    4. Beach walk after lunch

It's another scorcher. A gentle breeze is coming from the south.

Have a great day, friends!

• markmacare
    markmacare Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, good luck with your goals!

JFT 2-7
    1. Cycle to work
    2. Write in journal
    3. Discuss next house

Yesterday1.
    1. Meditate 30 minutes Done
    2. Cycle to work Done
    3. Buy groceries for rest of the week Done
    4. Look at possible destinations for holiday Done, but still work in progress
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    Tuesday's goals:
    - Eat when hungry and not when nervous/tired (I have a 5am wake up and 8.30 start for an all day session with a new client!)

- Eat mindfully

Really not having a good week as far as goals and eating behaviours are concerned!
    Failed on both of these.
    didn't submit goals for today and have chosen to eat a load of biscuits which has taken me unnecessarily over calorie target.
    Bit annoyed with myself.

Don't waste precious time feeling guilty about yesterday's choices. You can make different choices today. Every day is a new start. :)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options

JFT, Tuesday 7/1
    1) Drink my first 16 oz of water
    2) Pick up veggies
    3) see if they found my iPod at Penn Station

^Did all that^ (of course it was Wednesday yesterday)

JFT, Thursday 7/2
    1) Workout 6AM
    2) Avoid complaining
    3) Practice patience

“What you’re supposed to do when you don’t like a thing is change it. If you can’t change it, change the way you think about it. Don’t complain.”
    – Maya Angelou-