JFT(Sunday):

I will wake up at 4.30 am.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,064 Member
    Options
    JFT Fri 2/10

1. Pre-log/follow through :)
    2. Physio/4700+ steps :) 7902 steps
    3. Attend Latin Study Group am :) Missed the last 2 weeks, but still managed translation. We are studying the Roman poet, Horace
    4. Attend Parchment Craft Group pm :) Started a new card project. I have to finish it for the Nov meeting.

JFT Sat 3/10

1. Pre-log/follow through
    2. Physio/6500+ steps
    3. Start Design of PP Presentation for Art History on 13th
    4. Work on parchment project
    5. Go to local shops.
    68myra wrote: »
    68myra wrote: »

Just for Saturday, 10/3:
    1. work on hip: pt/yoga/rolling
    2. no vegetable oils
    3. healthy snacking
    4. relax and smile
    5. enjoy rainy day indoors with family

Have you had hip surgery? I had mine 4 weeks ago.
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    WellingTX wrote: »
    I will stay under my calorie goal.
    I will exercise for 90 minutes
    I will express my wellness mantra
    I am expressing gratitude for my easy commute to the office

Good day.

Was well under my calorie goal.
    52 minutes walk. 3.25 miles at under 16 minute/mile pace.
    expressed my wellness mantra

For today:

I will stay under my calorie goal
    I will exercise for 90 minutes. Need to finish the week strong.
    I will be more accepting of others on the road
    I am expressing gratitude for SaraGirl's "Half Size Me" podcast. Saw this on her posting a week or so back. While geared towards mothers, some great success stories and practical guidance. Good to fill my solo walks but need to maintain my manhood.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »

J4T Friday
    I will be spending my day today waiting for my dear friend, David, as he Is having a very seious operation on his heart. It is expected to take 12 to 16 hours. Please pray for a successful outcome and a safe recovery period.

I will have to keep my goals simple for today.

1. Take small cooler full of healthy foods with me in the morning. :smiley: ate a little over in the evening but overall I did ok under the circumstances.
    3. Be a source of peace and strength to David's family. :smile:

David is fine. 6 hours after the surgery he was sitting up in a chair. It's so amazing that they can do so much to fix people these days.

J4T Saturday
    1. Jog 5k
    2. Focus on calorie goals one meal at a time
    3. Visit friend at hospital
    4 Take kids to a class
    5. Pick up race packets
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    bri170lb, so glad about the good outcome for your friend. It is amazing, and how fast they get people up and around! And, race packets? You participating in a race? I may have missed it if you already said...

As for me, JFT, 10/03
    1. Get in a workout. - Already done! Completed 45 minutes on elliptical at the gym. Had a tough workout week so took it easy today with a pretty low intensity session. And, yes, I'm one of those people who write something on a list just to cross it out! :blush:
    2. Eat within 300 calories of my goal for the day. I have a dinner at someone's house which is always kind of tricky. Not sure what is being served but will commit to making good food choices. I'm bringing the wine so I'll likely have 2 glasses. I hate to waste calories on yucky wine so looking forward to having me some Syrah that I recently purchased at a local winery.
    3. Relax and enjoy the weekend.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options

JFT 9/25
    1) Aqua fit class at 9AM at the Cambridge YMCA
    2) Lunch with my brother, SIL and great niece
    3) Eat all three meals today

^ did all that^

Then got hit by a car

JFT 10/3
    1) Maintain my sense of perspective on life
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I will stay under my calorie goal.
    I will exercise for 90 minutes
    I am expressing gratitude for my easy commute to the office

Good day.

Was well under my calorie goal.
    52 minutes walk. 3.25 miles at under 16 minute/mile pace.
    expressed my wellness mantra

For today:

I will stay under my calorie goal
    I will exercise for 90 minutes. Need to finish the week strong.
    I will be more accepting of others on the road
    I am expressing gratitude for SaraGirl's "Half Size Me" podcast. Saw this on her posting a week or so back. While geared towards mothers, some great success stories and practical guidance. Good to fill my solo walks but need to maintain my manhood.

WellingTX: glad you've enjoyed Half Size Me. There are some good interviews with men who are also successful maintainers. Check her podcast listing on her website & you'll find the appropriate podcasts once you see the photos. I'm considering joining the HSM Community now that I've listened to almost all the podcasts. Best wishes!
  • Saragirl2
    Options

JFT 9/25

^ did all that^

Then got hit by a car

JFT 10/3

I hope you're not injured-what a scare for you!
  • Saragirl2
    Options
    JFT
    late post!
    This am I insisted that my husband stay with my youngest so I could get in my walk-I'm so grateful he did.
    Need to drink enough water.
    I almost binged on French fries today-somehow I stopped myself.
    Keep tracking & pretrack tomorrow.
    Meditate.
    Start media promo plan (contacts & deadlines).
    Plan supper for tomorrow night for in laws.
    Walk puppy!
    Go to bed by 9:30 & finish novel.

• Saragirl2
    Options
    @bri170lb : I'm sorry to hear about your friend David. I will say a little prayer for a successful and uneventful surgery.

@Saragirl2 : I love the pre-track idea. Does that help you stick to it if you meal plan and then journal ahead of time? Also, I wanted to say that I understand the overextending yourself thing. I cannot say no either. I feel so guilty if i do and I end up paying for it. I'm one of those people who eats nonstop when I feel stressed or depressed...to the point that I might as well move the TV and recliner right next to my fridge because that's all I'm going to do. So, yeah...I get it. Good luck!

LOL Oh my gosh-we could be twins (re: eating nonstop when emotions are out of control). Around 2007, I lost about 48lbs w/WW & something that helped me get there was pretracking . It definitely takes some stress out of my day & helps with the daily commitment I'm making towards good health. Unfortunately, with WW, I couldn't maintain my goal weight so now I try to live (eat, exercise, etc) as if I were at my goal weight. Best of luck to you too!!

• saffysharmamfp
    saffysharmamfp Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    JFT(Sunday):

I will wake up at 4.30 am.- Done

JFT(Monday):

I will wake up at 4.30 am
  • Mrsfluffypants
    Mrsfluffypants Posts: 37 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

J4T Friday
    I will be spending my day today waiting for my dear friend, David, as he Is having a very seious operation on his heart. It is expected to take 12 to 16 hours. Please pray for a successful outcome and a safe recovery period.

I will have to keep my goals simple for today.

1. Take small cooler full of healthy foods with me in the morning. :smiley: ate a little over in the evening but overall I did ok under the circumstances.
    3. Be a source of peace and strength to David's family. :smile:

David is fine. 6 hours after the surgery he was sitting up in a chair. It's so amazing that they can do so much to fix people these days.

J4T Saturday
    1. Jog 5k
    2. Focus on calorie goals one meal at a time
    3. Visit friend at hospital
    4 Take kids to a class
    5. Pick up race packets

So glad to hear David is recovering!
  • Mrsfluffypants
    Mrsfluffypants Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Didn't do so well with Friday, but did them all today.
    1.) Logged all my food and stayed under calories.
    2.) Went swimming.
    3.) put in applications.

For Sunday my JFT is simple.
    1.) Log my food and stay under calories.
    2.) Get the house clean.
    3.) Fold laundry.
    4.) Work.
  • bri170lb
    Options
    shrcpr wrote: »
    bri170lb, so glad about the good outcome for your friend. It is amazing, and how fast they get people up and around! And, race packets? You participating in a race? I may have missed it if you already said...

Since I came in LAST PLACE last week, I decided I needed a do over this week so I entered another 5k. It's the Hot Chocolate race in Denver.
  • bri170lb
    Options
    J4T Saturday
    1. Jog 5k :smile:
    2. Focus on calorie goals one meal at a time :smile:
    3. Visit friend at hospital :smile:
    4 Take kids to a class :smile:
    5. Pick up race packets :smile:

J4T Sunday
    1. Run 5K race. I may still come in last place, but my goal is to do less than 50 minutes for the first time.
    2. Focus on sticking to calorie goals one meal at a time
    3. Have a relaxing day with my hubby.

• bri170lb
    Options
    Saragirl2 wrote: »
    JFT

This am I insisted that my husband stay with my youngest so I could get in my walk-I'm so grateful he did.

When friends ask for advice about how I am being so successful with my weight loss one of the things I tell them is, "Sometimes I have to be a little bit selfish and really make it clear to my family that I need time to do what I have to do" They don't really mind, it's just that they need to be reminded how serious my commitment to myself is.
  • Saragirl2
    Options
    Saragirl2 wrote: »
    JFT

When friends ask for advice about how I am being so successful with my weight loss one of the things I tell them is, "Sometimes I have to be a little bit selfish and really make it clear to my family that I need time to do what I have to do" They don't really mind, it's just that they need to be reminded how serious my commitment to myself is.

Bri170lb-you are so right! I have to remind myself, the happier & healthier I am, the happier their lives are.
  • skyscraper5571
    skyscraper5571 Posts: 8 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Well this month my goals are to walk my dog each and every day. I'm happy with my calorie control and want to stay under 1000cals each day. BMI is sitting on 22 and i hope in a month I get back to a 20 BMI. I hate been this big. I don't know why I let other convice me in the first to put my weight back. I was 59kg (BMI 18) and jump right up 78kg :( My progress for the last week

28 September, 73.8
    29 September, 73.7
    30 September, 73.9
    1 October 73.4
    2 October 72.9
    3 October 72.2
    4 October 71.9
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    shrcpr wrote: »

Since I came in LAST PLACE last week, I decided I needed a do over this week so I entered another 5k. It's the Hot Chocolate race in Denver.

But you did it!! Good for you.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,064 Member
    Options
    JFT Sat 3/10

1. Pre-log/follow through :) This has been the most useful tool in my weight loss. I can factor in treats and keep my carbs/protein/fats in balance.
    2. Physio/6500+ steps :) 6566
    3. Start Design of PP Presentation for Art History on 13th :) Planned out what I need to do
    4. Work on parchment project :) Worked on embroidery instead.
    5. Go to local shops. :grin: Hubby offered to go as I was busy

JFT Sun 4/10

1. Pre-log/follow through
    2. Physio/6500+ steps
    3. Visit family after lunch
    4. Sort out Autumn/winter trousers

It's great to see all the positivity here.

@bri170lb Congrats on your last race and good luck today. :star: It's wonderful that David is recovering. Ain't modern medicine wonderful.
    @Saragirl2 As Bri says, sometimes we have to be a little bit selfish when it comes to our wellbeing and make sure that people realise how important it is to us.

JFT 9/25

^ did all that^

Then got hit by a car

JFT 10/3
    OMG! I hope you are all right? An experience like that certainly makes you appreciate being alive to tell the tale.