Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Options

Replies

• eileenmprice193
    eileenmprice193 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    3 good days in a row. I'm planning to make tomorrow the 4th!
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »
    J4T Wednesday
    1. Jog 5k :smile:
    2. Stick to calorie goals at breakfast lunch and dinner :smile:
    3. No extra carbs (had too much in the past few days and I am feeling sluggish now) had some popcorn that I shouldn't have had, but it was still within my calorie limit
    4. Work on scaling Mt. Mess in my office! :smiley:Mt. Mess is half of it's former self :smiley:
    5. Review September's goal and set new goals for October. Ran out of time for this.

J4T Thursday
    1. Take breakfast lunch and snack with me to work.
    2. Focus on sticking to calorie goals one meal at a time
    3. Drink lots of water
    4. Work on October's goals
  • tinker405
    tinker405 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I did not do a food count but got paper ready d
    For the next day
    I did do 30 minutes of walking
    But one day at a time I will get it all together

God bless to all !!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,129 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    :)
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    JFT Wed 30/09
    1. Pre-log/follow through :) This is now a daily habit. It helps me to keep carbs/protein/fat in balance.
    2. Physio/4500+ steps :grin: 5699 steps. Considering I could barely manage 100 after surgery, this is a great improvement for me.
    3. Review September progress/Set October goals :) Done and posted on my relevant threads. Nothing beats accountability.
    4. Take our granddaughter out for lunch. She goes back to Cambridge on Sunday. We won't see her until Christmas :smiley: We had a great couple of hours chatting in our favourite pub up the North Coast of Ireland, with sunlit views of the Irish Sea, near were they live.

I love to read all your posts. Little steps go a long way

:star: Live each moment mindfully :star:[/b]

JFT Thurs 1/10

1. Pre-log/follow through
    2. Physio/4700+ steps
    3. Swop round summer/winter clothes
    4. De clutter big girl clothes
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited October 2015
    Options
    co0drdtdvm1c.jpeg

It takes time to change the habits of a lifetime, and we are often too hard on ourselves when we slip. I started off several months ago with just one simple goal.

I thought this might help our newcomers in setting their daily goals. If you start off with one goal and build on that success, your self esteem will carry you on to better habits. Believe in your self. You do have what it takes to reach your goals. You succeed every time you pick yourself up and try again. The success is in the trying and never giving up on yourself. You are worth the effort.
  • saffysharmamfp
    saffysharmamfp Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    co0drdtdvm1c.jpeg

It takes time to change the habits of a lifetime, and we are often too hard on ourselves when we slip. I started off several months ago with just one simple goal.

I thought this might help our newcomers in setting their daily goals. If you start off with one goal and build on that success, your self esteem will carry you on to better habits. Believe in your self. You do have what it takes to reach your goals. You succeed every time you pick yourself up and try again. The success is in the trying and never giving up on yourself. You are worth the effort.

Thanks for the awesome words!
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    WellingTX wrote: »

For today:

I am expressing gratitude for a new day.

Decent day yesterday.

Didn't work out but was just under my calorie goal for the day.

For today, it's a new day:

I will stay under my calorie goal
    I will make good choices when dining out
    I will exercise for 50 minutes
    I will express my wellness mantra
    I am expressing gratitude for some great advice I received earlier this year. Be kind to yourself if you falter. We are human and change is not a linear path. Set a shortfall aside and move on to a new day.
  • kwownow
    kwownow Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Terririchardson-- thanks for the chalkboard reminders. Sooo true. Love this message board!
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    shrcpr wrote: »
    All good for yesterday except didn't get in my upper body workout. Tired out after the Turbo Fire workout - so fun. :smile:

JFT, 9/30
    1. Eat within 100-200 calories of my limit - won't burn much with today's workouts but have been under my calorie goal consistently so have a bit of leeway :smile: 17 calories over
    2. Get in an upper body strength workout - done!
    3. Insanity Max 30 Pulse and some foam rolling - done!
    4. Walk the dogs - done!
    5. Tired and a bit down today but I will not be letting that disrupt reaching my goals for the day

JFT, 10/01

1. Eat within my calorie limit
    2. Cardio workout at the gym
    3. Walk the dogs
    4. Be patient
  • Frideee
    Frideee Posts: 8 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    This is my first day again, again, again. I looked around on the discussion threads to try to find something that might motivate me and I LOVE the idea of just for today. I would like to jump in and do my just for today.

JFT 10/1

1) Eat clean meals and snacks
    2) Stay within my calorie limit
    3) Clean off my treadmill and either run on it or outside
    4) Drink 60 ounces of water
  • tinker405
    tinker405 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Good moring , brand new day . Fixing to do my first 10 minute walk . I am doing 4 a day . working on building up. The time so I can walk for longer
    Wishing everyone a blessed day
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Total FAIL on Wednesday's J4T.

New day, new beginning... I'm going to keep it small today so I can actually have a success story tomorrow. :smile:

J4T Thursday
    1. Drink 10 glasses of water
    2. Get 5000+ steps in today
    3. Find the positives in everything that comes up today

Have a beautiful brand new day everyone!
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    3 good days in a row. I'm planning to make tomorrow the 4th!

YAY! i like your optimistic attitude! keep it up :)
  • saffysharmamfp
    saffysharmamfp Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    JFT(Thursday):

1. I'd exercise. - Done
    2. I'd drink 3 litres of water. - Done

JFT(Friday):

I will wake up at 4.30 am.
  • bri170lb
    Options
    Total FAIL on Wednesday's J4T.

New day, new beginning... I'm going to keep it small today so I can actually have a success story tomorrow. :smile:

J4T Thursday
    1. Drink 10 glasses of water
    2. Get 5000+ steps in today
    3. Find the positives in everything that comes up today

Have a beautiful brand new day everyone!

Not a total fail....you didn't give up!
    WIN!
  • bri170lb
    Options
    I'm so glad I got time to check in with you all in the middle of my day! Thanks for all the encouraging words of wisdom!
  • Micmaust
    Micmaust Posts: 10 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    It has been a while since I participated in the website BUT I want to be consistent with one thing in my life that is good for me.
    I am thankful for all the people who participate and support each other. bri170b wrote that a she lost 100 pounds and is jogging 5Ks, and I feel like my problem is so small by comparison.
    I need to lose 10 pounds and exercise consistently. That doesn't sound like much, but my body is so twisted up from scoliosis and two back surgeries that any extra weight that's not muscle just adds to the compression of my spinal nerves causing intense chronic pain.
    On top of that I have brain damage from a crash 24 years ago that is catching up with me. My executive functions are not all they should be, making planning and following through challenging. I could go on, but I hope you get the picture. It is an invisible injury to most people.

What I did today:
    • Do yoga 30 min. with Pocket Pal Yoga.
    • Mop upstairs bathrooms (2).
    • Update MFP.
    • Eat one good meal (dinner) and nibble when hungry, and log all food. :)
  • TacoTina
    TacoTina Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    This is a continuation of a thread I started a thread late October, and another one in January and February, to try to stay on track, "JUST FOR A DAY".

We have had over 500 replies each month, so I am going to restart this each month. This has helped me tremendously, to start each day new. It has kept me going, and to keep on trying, one day at a time. And, I've met some wonderful friends along the way! Reading others goals for just one day has given me so much inspiration and goals to set for myself.

If I can do this for JUST ONE DAY, well, maybe that one day will lead to another day, an entire week, an entire month, and this will help me to develop better habits for my life, taking this one day at a time.

So each day I am going to post what I would like to accomplish. While I post my "Just for today" list, I am also going to post how I did the day before, so I am accountable to you guys as well.

Would anyone like to join me!! I am always so encouraged reading others goals, and together, we can all reach our goals for 2015 and beyond. I hope to keep doing this, starting a new thread each month.

March is a new month, a fresh start!

To bookmark this new thread, just click on the little yellow star. That book marks it, so you can find it easy. When you go to post again, to the right at the top of your page is a bell, a star, and a little flower. Click on the star, and it will show your book marked threads.

Anyone can join!

That's how I live every day One Day at a Time!
  • TacoTina
    TacoTina Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I like this feed feel free to add me as a friend