Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Options

Replies

• aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    and just added to my life chaos. and have reached the point where it's just funny and seemingly normal.
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Just for today June 29th:

1. log everything I eat
    2. drink 8 glasses of water
    3. do crunches/push-ups/squats/tricep-dips + 20 minute walk
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    JFT
    Track everything-make healthy whole food choices.
    Be more aware of sugar content in the processed foods I eat.
    Drink 9 cups of water.
    Be positive & find inspiration.
    Journal.
    Be honest with myself.

We can do this!!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

Just for today, Sunday:
    1. 12,000 steps :) 13,250
    2. lift heavy things :( couldn't get there before gym closed early...did some extra walking instead
    3. stay under 100G carbs :)

Monday:
    1. 14,000 steps
    2. lift weights
    3. stay under 100G carbs
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    ruby70 wrote: »
    feistyjojo wrote: »
    Monday's goals
    - hit calorie target
    - deep breathing and meditation and confidence: I have a REALLY important session to run tomorrow to a tough crowd which if it goes well could result in a lot of new business. Feeling nervous.

Good luck you can do this, prepare, get a good night sleep, and knock them dead with your beautiful smile! I know you got this:) I sometimes pray for God to calm me right before going into the presentation, that really does wonders for me.

Thanks Ruby... it went well. ☺
  • feistyjojo
    Options
    feistyjojo wrote: »
    Monday's goals
    - hit calorie target
    - deep breathing and meditation and confidence: I have a REALLY important session to run tomorrow to a tough crowd which if it goes well could result in a lot of new business. Feeling nervous.

Was over calorie target by around 250, so not great! Was tempted by he danish pastries on offer when I arrived. ... nervous energy meant I didn't stop at one.

At least the session went well. ☺
  • feistyjojo
    Options
    Tuesday's goals:
    - Eat when hungry and not when nervous/tired (I have a 5am wake up and 8.30 start for an all day session with a new client!)

- Eat mindfully
  • beansandchips
    beansandchips Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Love this thread! What a great idea!
    Today, gonna stay in my calorie limits!
  • idsalinas
    idsalinas Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    JFT 6/29... walk 20mins
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Good evening! B)

I just realized I had not reported and set goals for today.
    It has not been the best day as I have a blood clot in my left leg. :'( I do not get to go to NC next week to see my son and his family. I have not seen the grand-kids for a year and have not seen our son for almost 2 years. I am not a happy camper.

Sun 6/28/15
    :p 1. I will eat only my planned food - no late night snacking.
    :s 2. Walk more steps than yesterday
    :p 3. Spend day picking up, organizing and putting away.

Mon 6/29/15
    1. I will eat only my planned food - no late night snacking.
    2. Walk more steps than yesterday
    3. Spend day picking up, organizing and putting away.

Talk in the morning!
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Rebamae wrote: »
    Good evening! B)

I just realized I had not reported and set goals for today.
    It has not been the best day as I have a blood clot in my left leg. :'( I do not get to go to NC next week to see my son and his family. I have not seen the grand-kids for a year and have not seen our son for almost 2 years. I am not a happy camper.

Sun 6/28/15
    :p 1. I will eat only my planned food - no late night snacking.
    :s 2. Walk more steps than yesterday
    :p 3. Spend day picking up, organizing and putting away.

Mon 6/29/15
    1. I will eat only my planned food - no late night snacking.
    2. Walk more steps than yesterday
    3. Spend day picking up, organizing and putting away.

Talk in the morning!

Thinking of you. Hope your health improves soon and you get to reschedule your visit to see your son soon.
    :'(
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,215 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

JFT 29/06
    1. Pre-plan meals; stick to plan :)
    2. Expand/type up chapter plan :blush: change of plans. Spent time out in the garden trimming my box hedges
    3. 10,000 + steps :grin: 11,488

Seize each moment, live each one joyfully :smiley:
    :)I took this to heart and made the best of the sunny weather to work outside. :)

[/quote]
    JFT 30/06
    1. Pre-plan menus; stick to the plan.
    2. Type up and post the chapter I wrote this morning.
    3. 10,000 + steps.
    4. Cinema visit this afternoon followed by dinner.

I have already pre-chosen from the restaurant dinner menu, so that will go in my pre-plan.
  • markmacare
    markmacare Posts: 198 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Just for today 30 June
    1. Agree on terms of sale for our house
    2. Stay within MFP calorie goals
    3. Do Insanity Max 30 Cardio Challenge and Ab Ripper X workouts
    4. Clean our house
    5. Enjoy the sunshine! :)

Just for today 29 June
    1. Announce my daily goals in this thread (Done)
    2. Do Body Beast Tempo Chest and Triceps workout Done
    3. Stay under 1900 calories Done
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    aerochic42 wrote: »
    JFT Monday
    1. only one cup of caffeine. I've drinking more and more.- went for a second cup but not out of habit. It was a choice.
    2. Assuming I get home from early enough, mow - got home early enough to get started at least but I had gone to the gym while waiting on husband (my ride) to get out of work and had no more energy
    3. Order new fridge - no, but not from lack of trying. one store to call today to see if they have any in stock. If not I'm not sure what the new plan will be. Apparently nowhere carries stainless fridges under 30" in width in stock that aren't piles of scrap. They exist online but not available for a month at the local stores. My new renters would really like to have a fridge when they move in after the last set stole the old one.
    4. not get stressed about current life chaos. :smiley: Decided on some stuff which helped resolve some of the chaos. Also added to the chaos and now think it's funny.

JFT Tuesday
    1. one cup of coffee
    2. mow
    3. knock items off to-do list before traveling 12 hours on Thursday to check out rental property.
  • kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Didn't post yesterday, but had a good day--stayed under cal limit, drank lots of water/tea, and got in my 30 min exercise. :) The children were quite excited coz we had 1" big hail here!!

JFT Tuesday:
    1. Stay again w.i. "fasting" cal limit (I was trying to do this last week and was very undisciplined)
    2. 3+ pints water/tea
    3. Exercise 30 min
    4. Put away winter coats mess off couch!!! (Changing coats/snowpants/boots/clothing seasonally for 8 kiddos is a large project! :) )
    5. Bible time/read more in ETMVF

Rainy--hopefully I will view this as a COZY day (i.e., not a dreary day). Sure is good for the garden.

@aerochic: You certainly have a go-go life right now! Maybe that will help you to "forget" to eat--i.e. too busy to nibble mindlessly. Hope all goes well re: prep for your renters!
    @rebamae: Ditto--wow, hope all ends up ok re: bloodclot--that can be scary. And I really feel for you--My oldest is leaving for college in August...I am already wondering how often we'll see him (you know, first one leaving the nest feels like forever and "the end") I hope your health resolves soon enough to see them!
    @feistyjojo: Glad to hear your meeting/client situation went well!! If it is ok to ask, what business are you in? It sounds interesting with all the travel, etc. :) I used to be fluent in French also and hoped to use it, but it's not very common up here in hickville/redneck land, lol! :)
    @Saragirl: Once again, I am inspired by your mindful purposed goals!! I hope you have a successful week!
    @ruby: How's that Charlene workout going? Hope you are having a good week! :)
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    JFT
    I will track everything.
    Make a to do list.
    Work out at gym.
    Take kids to see grandparents.
    Research knee strengthening exercises.
    Drink more water- I'm really struggling with this one.

I'm watching a documentary on Netflix called Fed Up & some individuals on the show have pointed out that the Daily Recommended Value for sugar is not posted on Nutrition facts on our food labels. This is scary-how much sugar (%) should we have in our diet?? Different countries have different %.

Have a great day.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

Monday:
    1. 14,000 steps :smiley: 15,275
    2. lift weights :)
    3. stay under 100G carbs :)

Tuesday:
    1. 10,000 steps
    2. swim a mile
    3. stay under 100 G carbs
  • kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Saragirl2 wrote: »

I'm watching a documentary on Netflix called Fed Up & some individuals on the show have pointed out that the Daily Recommended Value for sugar is not posted on Nutrition facts on our food labels. This is scary-how much sugar (%) should we have in our diet?? Different countries have different %.

Hey, Sara, I've referenced Sarah Wilson's book, "I Quit Sugar", a few times in here...She has a very informative section on how much sugar is in the typical american's diet, what her personal goals are re: sugar, places where sugar is hiding in processed foods, etc. It could be a good place to start--I know that there must be tons online, too! Good luck!

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,215 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    [/quote]
    JFT 30/06
    1. Pre-plan menus; stick to the plan. :)
    2. Type up and post the chapter I wrote this morning. :smiley: I typed up and posted before lunch. Also wrote another small chapter.
    3. 10,000 + steps. :) It was too hot,to go out walking today. I still managed 7,500+ though.
    4. Cinema visit this afternoon followed by dinner. :grin: It is an old restored cinema out in the countryside. The owner runs it as a hobby. We saw Annie Get Your Gun with Howard Keel and Betty Hutton in the lead roles. I had only seen the version with Doris Day in the lead role.

I have already pre-chosen from the restaurant dinner menu, so that will go in my pre-plan. [/quote]

[/quote]
    JFT 1/07
    1. Pre-plan menus; stick to the plan.
    2. Do the weekly shop this morning, buy healthy food.
    3. 10,000 + steps.
    4. Get out and work in the garden.

It's a scorcher today and looks set to get even warmer. Have a great day, everyone.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options

JFT Sunday 6/28 - it's already dinner time.
    !) I made 4 videos and they need editing, which I probably won't finish today.
    2) I need to make a decent dinner because I've been too busy making videos - lol, to eat consciously.
    3) I plan to complete the day by accepting as a success, whatever I've done today.

Ok, #1 & 2, so actually #3

JFT, Tuesday 7/1
    1) Drink my first 16 oz of water
    2) Pick up veggies
    3) see if they found my iPod at Penn Station