Options

Replies

• OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »
    64crayons wrote: »
    J4T
    See if I can "jog" in place for a minute without too much pain and/or losing my balance.

I'm excited it hear your results! If I remember correctly, you were working on just standing and walking for 15 minutes at a time, just a short while ago. :smile:

You do remember correctly. I'm able to "jog" for about 15 seconds at a time. My joints are pretty achy, and I'm feeling a lot of fatigue today. I can't do what I want to do, yet. But I've got the motivation to keep going. 9pm now and I'm heading off to bed. I may be awake until 9:01 :wink:
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,229 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    digray32 wrote: »
    I'm new here and this is my first post. Not even sure I'll be able to find this again later, but am I sure if I'm posting to the thread it replying to one post?

Scroll to the top of the page and click onto the star at the top right to bookmark the page.

JFT Sat 14/11
    :) 1. Pre-log/follow through; 30 mins each of Cardio/strength/flex/physio; 6000+ steps 7317; Drink 8 cups water
    :) 2. Grocery shopping
    :) 3. Prep for guests coming to dinner tonight
    :blush: 4. Choose healthy options for menu I choose healthy options, but hubby had made puddings and bought chocolates for the guests and I indulged a little, as I had 'banked' calories all week.

JFT Sun 15/11
    1. Pre-log/follow through; 80 mins of Cardio/flex/physio; 6000+ steps; Drink 8 cups water
    2. Clear up after last night
    3. Visit family after lunch
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    [quote="47Jacqueline;34586214"
    JFT Saturday 11/14
    1) Rest from 36 hour bug
    2) Drink 8 glasses of water
    3) Do homework for Tuedsay
    [/quote]

^I am feeling better today - even hungry

JFT Sunday 11/15
    1) Get manicure
    2) Go through pile of papers
    3) Eat carefully
  • tbowz75
    tbowz75 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love this post! Thanks for the "clucking on the star advice!"
    JFT
    *I am going to do three kind things
    *eat purposefully
    Thanks again for the accountability!
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    68myra wrote: »
    physical therapy is such frustratingly slow progress for me right now, but i must keep going:
    Just for functional Friday,
    :smile: 1. PT AFTER morning and afternoon carpools
    :smile: 2. foam rolling
    :neutral: 3. log it ALL
    :smile: could have been better4. befriend a veggie or 5
    :smile: that was friday, not today ;) 5. clean something, BUT not to perfection!

thanks for the encouragement, shrcpr! my mind "NEEDS" the exercise so very much, i don't want to be patient with my hip, but i know i must.

just for the rest of Sunday,

1. eat non-traditional "football game" snacks (GO panthers)
    2. log as closely as possible
    3. pt and roll roll roll
    4. be grateful
    5. limit caffeine
    6. limit sugar

Happy Sunday to you all!
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    tbowz75 wrote: »

!!!!♡♡♡♡☆☆☆☆......when you cluck upon a star!!!!......♡♡♡♡☆☆☆☆!!!!!

:smiley:

( i know you meant "click" , but I just made myself LOL thinking about Jimeney Cricket singing that.....I'm easily amused!)
  • bri170lb
    Options
    Well, it's my turn....i though I posted today's goals, but they disapeared...or I dreamed that I posted it....

Did good on saturday, but I wasn't feeling well and didn't exercise. Went over just a bit on calories.

Today I did well, also. Went jogging with a friend, then spent a couple of hours with another friend showing her how MFP works.

She has been watching my success and asking questions for a long time now, but I think she might start for real now.

Hey Miss B! If you log on and find me. I love you!

Met my goal today to walk and / or jog at least 5 miles today. 11/30

Major NSV for me today. I am wearing size 14 jeans for the first time since about 6th grade!

J4T Monday

1. Focus on sticking to calorie goals one meal at a time
    2. Make a plan for dinner
    3. Clean windows
    4. Get rid of more clothes that are too big or don't make me happy.
    5. Put up Christmas lights
    6. Go to gym

• TerriRichardson112
    Options
    JFT Sun 15/11
    :) 1. Pre-log/follow through; 80 mins of Cardio/flex/physio; 6000+ steps; Drink 8 cups water
    :) 2. Clear up after last night
    :) 3. Visit family after lunch

JFT Mon 16/11
    1. Pre-log/follow through; 80 mins of Cardio/flex/physio; 6000+ steps; Drink 8 cups water
    2. Prep/attend Creative Writing this morning
    3. Attend Peace lecture after lunch
    4. Attend RSPB meeting after dinner
    5. Update Group accounts

@bri170lb That happens to me regularly. I tend to forget to hit the post reply button. Well done on the NSV! :star:
    @68myra Did you have surgery for your hip? I had mine done on 4th September. Keep up with the PT. it's so worth it!
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    shrcpr wrote: »
    I think I had a reaction to the teeth whitening stuff.
    I think something weird must have happened. I've never heard from anyone that teeth whitening actually hurt, just that it was a little unpleasant.

Ok, so I'm finally getting better although my jaw is still swollen and very sore. Had to go back in to the dentist and the only thing we can figure is some kind of allergic reaction. I'm thinking maybe to the toothpaste they gave me to use after. So, my whole weekend was shot as I was zoned out on painkillers the whole time. Still hurts a bit today but more manageable.

JFT, 11/16

1. Stay within calorie limits
    2. Walk the dogs
    3. Workout: Burn Circuit 1 (at least try it and see how it goes)
  • jennalennafur
    jennalennafur Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Just for today:

1. I will not snack at work-- not even when the left over cookies are brought back for employees
    2. I will walk up at least 10 steps of stairs
    3. Go to bed at 11pm and not a minute later
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    @bri170lb congrats on the NSV!
    @TerriRichardson112 no, I have not had hip surgery. x-ray says my bones are fine, all the pain is in soft tissue. i was told i have a muscle imbalance, but that dr.'s advice hasn't solved it. I have a physical therapist (who helped me with tailbone pain earlier) saying my pelvis does not move properly, and she is trying to help me with that.
    @shrcpr YIKES! i'm sorry you had to go through that experience. hopefully you are over the hump!

Just for Monday, 11/16
    1. pt/foam rolling/walking/yoga
    2. log everything
    3. breathe
  • abacus93jp
    abacus93jp Posts: 55 Member
    Options

Ok, so I'm finally getting better although my jaw is still swollen and very sore. Had to go back in to the dentist and the only thing we can figure is some kind of allergic reaction. I'm thinking maybe to the toothpaste they gave me to use after. So, my whole weekend was shot as I was zoned out on painkillers the whole time. Still hurts a bit today but more manageable.

JFT, 11/16

1. Stay within calorie limits
    2. Walk the dogs
    3. Workout: Burn Circuit 1 (at least try it and see how it goes)[/quote]

Glad to hear you are feeling better!
  • abacus93jp
    abacus93jp Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm still here just haven't posted for awhile. Still going strong JFT! Lost 14lbs so far. Yay me! Doing a lot of heavy chores but still not excercising regularly, will try to do this again tomorrow. I must remember, I can do almost anything for one day!
  • bri170lb
    Options

J4T Monday

1. Focus on sticking to calorie goals one meal at a time :smile:
    2. Make a plan for dinner
    3. Clean windows
    4. Get rid of more clothes that are too big or don't make me happy.
    5. Put up Christmas lights
    6. Go to gym

[/quote]

Gee, I guess I should have read my goals today. Maybe I would have remembered to do some of them!

I went jogging in the morning and then sat in my chair and watched movies all day. Ate too much, didn't accomplish much and was bored. All in all, not a very productive day. :neutral:

J4T Tuesday
    1. Remember my goals
    2. Get up early enough to make breakfast lunch and snack to take with me to work
    3. Stick to calorie goals!
    4. Go to gym

• TerriRichardson112
    Options

JFT Mon 16/11
    1. Pre-log/follow through; 80 mins of Cardio/flex/physio; 6000+ steps 10130 :) ; Drink 8 cups water
    2. Prep/attend Creative Writing this morning
    3. Attend Peace lecture after lunch
    4. Attend RSPB meeting after dinner
    5. Update Group accounts
    :) Managed all my goals :)

JFT Tues 17/11
    2. Wear Purple for Premature Awareness Day
    3. Attend patchwork this morning
    4. Laundry and chores after lunch

589dw185cecu.jpeg
    du6hz7x9ptgp.jpeg
  • KYOG40DAYS
    KYOG40DAYS Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    1. Put my clothes in the wash.
    2. Run 3 miles tomorrow morning.
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    tbowz75 wrote: »

!!!!♡♡♡♡☆☆☆☆......when you cluck upon a star!!!!......♡♡♡♡☆☆☆☆!!!!!

:smiley:

( i know you meant "click" , but I just made myself LOL thinking about Jimeney Cricket singing that.....I'm easily amused!)

LOL-I love this thread!!
  • Saragirl2
    Options
    Shrcpr-hope you've healed. Maybe an allergic reaction. I seem to be sensitive to everything on my skin. No fun.
    For those of us who are healing or having to cope with pain, I hope you get relief soon.

JFT
    I'm on track for water. Added 24 oz plus first thing in the am. Head feels clearer.
    Need to take a hard look at the processed foods/sugar that I've allowed back into my diet. My joints are already burning & aching.
    My son & I are meeting with a nutritionist soon since he's been having stomach problems & needs some guidance. I have a fear that my bad habits will be picked up by him (no matter how hard I try to hide them). It amazes me how I can say the same thing as what the dr is saying but my kids & husband don't hear me & yet they hear the dr. loud & clear LOL.
    Walk briskly.
    Weight lift.
    Prep a healthy supper-extra veggies.
    Make a fruit salad.
    Pack a bag of food for the church food drive.
    Be grateful for how quickly my body responds in a positive way when I eat healthily & practice healthy habits (sleep, exercise, selfcare).

"Discipline is just choosing between what you want now & what you want most."

• Saragirl2
    Options

JFT Mon 16/11

Great pictures Terri. My daughter (now 9) was a month early. She's come so far. Thank you for reminding me of this time.
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    abacus93jp wrote: »
    I'm still here just haven't posted for awhile. Still going strong JFT! Lost 14lbs so far. Yay me! Doing a lot of heavy chores but still not excercising regularly, will try to do this again tomorrow. I must remember, I can do almost anything for one day!

14 lbs! That's awesome!