Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Options

Replies

• shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    shrcpr wrote: »
    JFT, 11/18
    1. Stay within my calorie limit :smile: Just a tad over but that's okay considering all my way under days this week.
    2. Walk the dogs :smile:
    4. Workout (Burn Circuit 2) :smile: Increased either weight or reps for most exercises.

@bri170lb - I sure hope my teeth are pretty but we'll see once I can actually smile and look at them. :p
    @joan6630 - Thanks! Glad to see you back. And, OUCH sounds right. This has not helped my view of the dentist, that's for sure!

JFT, 11/19
    1. Stay within calorie limits.
    2. Walk the dogs.
    3. Try to get in a cardio workout or if not that, go for a long walk and get 10k steps for the day

I'm really missing my cardio. I feel some storm clouds gathering at the edges of my mind and a good sweat session seems to be the best way to beat them back.
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    feeling a little overwhelmed today, so i'm not searching for my last post.
    just for Today,
    1. log it, no matter what it is, without shame (ok, working on that)
    2. drink water, lots and lots of water
    3. SMILE! and be nice, especially to myself
    4. be grateful, very grateful.

@shrcpr I sure can relate to missing cardio! i'm happy for you that you can get back at it relatively soon! :) enjoy!
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    JFT 11/19:
    1) Do some mini cycling in cube
    2) Run tonight..at least 3 miles..want to shoot for 5.
  • kellibee2000
    kellibee2000 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    JFT 11/19 - I will log every bite I eat.
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Just for today 11/19/2015:
    1. Track all my food.
    2. Drink my water.
    3. Get 15 active FitBit minutes.
  • abacus93jp
    abacus93jp Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    JFT, still here, staying within calories, nutrients, water. Still no excercise to speak of. Work on walking tomorrow
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options

[/quote]
    J4T Thursday

1. Get up early to make breakfast lunch and snack to take with me to work :smile:
    2. Put dinner in crock pot :smile:
    3. Go to gym :smile:
    4. Do not go over calorie goals :smile:

Walked and / or jogged 5 miles 14/30

[/quote]

J4T Friday
    1. Get up early to make breakfast lunch and snack to take with me to work.
    2. Put dinner in crock pot.
    3. Day off from exercising.
    4. Don't go over on calories.

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,123 Member
    Options
    JFT Wed 18/11
    1. Pre-log/follow through; 80 mins of Cardio/flex/physio; 6000+ steps; Drink 8 cups water
    2. Go to the shops Groceries and to the hairdressers
    3. Do some de-cluttering

:astonished: Lost yesterday's post. :) Did fine on Wed/Thurs.

JFT Fri 20/11
    1. Pre-log/follow through; 80 mins of Cardio/flex/physio; 6000+ steps; Drink 8 cups water
    2. Attend Latin this morning
    3. Attend Music appreciation after lunch
    4. Pick up daughter and her boys and go to a Winter Lights Walk at Mountstewart, a local National Trust property. It's a birthday treat for my daughter. We are having a meal out first. I shall order salmon steak with steamed veg.

• Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    JFT
    Love reading the posts!
    Finally drinking enough water again!
    Walk the dog for 45 mins.
    Daughter has a half day so we're heading to the gym so I can do Pilates.
    Continue cleaning & tidying.
    Make a large salad that I can eat throughout the weekend & add chicken to it.
    Preplan meals for weekend.
    Try on some new clothes & start cleaning out closet & making donations.
    Follow up with Tae Kwon Do instructor. I may have scared him with my email re: working around a few injuries. I'm sure he's used to working with young & injury free students but I'd really like to take it up again.
    Journal.
    In bed early.
  • shrcpr
    Options
    shrcpr wrote: »
    JFT, 11/19
    1. Stay within calorie limits. :)
    2. Walk the dogs. :)
    3. Try to get in a cardio workout or if not that, go for a long walk and get 10k steps for the day <3 Yay! Fire 45, may favorite non-Insanity cardio workout + 10k steps!

I'm really missing my cardio. I feel some storm clouds gathering at the edges of my mind and a good sweat session seems to be the best way to beat them back.

Good day yesterday. Mouth is still giving me some issues but was able to exercise through it okay.

JFT, 11/20
    1. Stay within calories
    2. Walk the dogs
    3. Burn Circuit 3 + short cardio session or 10k steps for the day
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    joan6630 glad you're back. I'm back into the nite time snacking too so i need to get this habit under control. I do better if I go to bed early but I love the quietness in the eve.
    abacus93jp - you mentioned bears (which I'm terrified of too), what about wearing bear bells, walking with a buddy or driving into town to walk. My parents live in Ontario, Canada in a rural area & I'm also nervous about walking there since they have bears. You may have to resort to an exercise video. I hope you get in the activity you want.
  • shrcpr
    Options
    68myra wrote: »
    feeling a little overwhelmed today, so i'm not searching for my last post.
    just for Today,
    1. log it, no matter what it is, without shame (ok, working on that)
    2. drink water, lots and lots of water
    3. SMILE! and be nice, especially to myself
    4. be grateful, very grateful.

@shrcpr I sure can relate to missing cardio! i'm happy for you that you can get back at it relatively soon! :) enjoy!

Thank you!

Hope your day goes well. B)
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    Just for today
    busy day with way too much going on.
    But take time to take care of myself. Our health is all that is important
    1. log every bit
    2. drink water. @Saragirl2 - do you have a trick to getting water in, or just DOING IT! This is my biggest struggle to remember to drink water instead of diet coke!
    3. Stay positive, and remember, our health is all that matters!
  • abacus93jp
    Options
    Saragirl2 wrote: »
    joan6630 glad you're back. I'm back into the nite time snacking too so i need to get this habit under control. I do better if I go to bed early but I love the quietness in the eve.
    abacus93jp - you mentioned bears (which I'm terrified of too), what about wearing bear bells, walking with a buddy or driving into town to walk. My parents live in Ontario, Canada in a rural area & I'm also nervous about walking there since they have bears. You may have to resort to an exercise video. I hope you get in the activity you want.

Thanks for the suggestions, bells may be good, I usually sing, that will scare anything away! I can also try walking in town. Great ideas! Videos are something I am having trouble doing, not sure why.

• bri170lb
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »

J4T Friday
    1. Get up early to make breakfast lunch and snack to take with me to work. :smile:
    2. Put dinner in crock pot. :smile:
    3. Day off from exercising. :smile:
    4. Don't go over on calories. :smiley: I made peanut butter pie for my son in law's birthday and I licked 3 spoons that I used to add peanut butter to the recipe. I had to use 3 spoons because I kept licking the the spoon and then needed a clean one! I confess that I didn't log those calories or the calories I got licking my fingers! So I really did go over a bit, but I also made a lower calorie version for myself with sugar free pudding and PB2. It was really good and only 120 calories! I sent the extra full calorie pie home with the birthday boy!

J4T Saturday
    1. Be very careful to stay under calorie goal at each meal. No going over today!
    2. Walk and / or jog at least 5 miles today.
    3. Drink plenty of water

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,123 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    JFT Fri 20/11
    :) 1. Pre-log/follow through; 80 mins of Cardio/flex/physio; 6000+ steps 14,392; Drink 8 cups water
    :) 2. Attend Latin this morning
    :) 3. Attend Music appreciation after lunch
    :grin: 4. Pick up daughter and her boys and go to a Winter Lights Walk at Mountstewart, a local National Trust property. It's a birthday treat for my daughter. We are having a meal out first. I shall order salmon steak with steamed veg. The house and gardens were magical and there was hot chocolate and music. Had a small slice of birthday cake for supper.

JFT Sat 21/11
    2. Go to Local shops for fresh veg
    3. Spend time with daughter and grandson
    4. De-clutter dining room
    5. Go into town before dinner for Christmas Lights Switch-on

@joan6630 I keep a full glass of water by the kettle. I drink the water and refill it each time I switch on the kettle for tea or coffee. It only takes a few extra seconds each time.
    @Saragirl2 Try on some new clothes & start cleaning out closet & making donations. :)
    Where to start? I have cleaned out the closet.
    The problem is that now, I have very little left that I want to wear anymore. Baggy shapeless clothes have lost their appeal.
    Still wavering on whether to alter or discard my pile of big girl clothes.
    And what size do I try on now that I have lost all the weight? I still have a way to go so I don't want to spend too much just yet.
  • bri170lb
    Options

J4T Saturday
    1. Be very careful to stay under calorie goal at each meal. No going over today!
    2. Walk and / or jog at least 5 miles today.
    3. Drink plenty of water

Adding a few extra...

4. Do not turn on TV all day.
    5. Go to gym in afternoon to do weights.

• abacus93jp
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Going to my daughter's and other family over Thanksgiving week. I think that we will probably end up having 3(three)! Thanksgiving dinners! At least they are on different days. I really need to watch myself. Not just then but spending the week with my grandkids are going to be hard as well. Take it one day, one meal at a time! Log everything, that will help keep me in line!
  • cmarangi
    cmarangi Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I am new here and I love this idea! I tend to get bogged down with the long term, I need to remember that it's one day at a time. Feeling overwhelmed today. So let me start:
    J4T
    1. Log everything
    2. Drink a glass of water before I give in to a craving
    3. Stay away from the soda that's calling my name.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    JFT, Satufday
    1. Bake sugar cookies to take to grandsons over thanksgiving - but do not take that first bite! Pack them away!
    2. drink water
    3. unpack winter clothes
    4. log every bite
    5. it is cold out, but get out for a walk
    6. spend some quality time with my daughter.