Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Options

Replies

• shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    shrcpr wrote: »

Ok, so I'm finally getting better although my jaw is still swollen and very sore. Had to go back in to the dentist and the only thing we can figure is some kind of allergic reaction. I'm thinking maybe to the toothpaste they gave me to use after. So, my whole weekend was shot as I was zoned out on painkillers the whole time. Still hurts a bit today but more manageable.

JFT, 11/16

1. Stay within calorie limits :)
    2. Walk the dogs :)
    3. Workout: Burn Circuit 1 (at least try it and see how it goes) :) Got it done.

Thanks, @68myra, @Saragirl2 and @abacus93jp! Still sore but getting better!

JFT, 11/17

1. Stay within calorie limits
    2. Walk the dogs
    3. Cardio workout - thinking of going to the gym for some elliptical time since I need something low impact
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options

J4T Tuesday
    1. Remember my goals
    2. Get up early enough to make breakfast lunch and snack to take with me to work
    3. Stick to calorie goals!
    4. Go to gym

Hi everyone. I'm just here working on goal #1. Don't want to do what I did yesterday and forget to do what I wanted to do!

The following will be a short bout of bitching, moaning, complaining and wallowing in self pity...feel free to skip it...

I'm feeling very BLAH today (TOM) and I'm trying to not eat lunch too early. Mostly I'm bored because it's snowing and work is really slow and I don't want to be here.

So, I'm going to drink more water and do a cross word puzzle, no I'm going to go outside and get some fresh air, then I'll do a crossword puzzle, then I'll have lunch. Then I'll do my least favorite job at work, balancing the checkbooks. I promise!

• bri170lb
    Options
    Ok. I'm back and feeling a little more positive.

I walked down to my daughter's coffee shop and bent her ear with my tale of woe. She made me my regular coffee with just half and half and said she added a tiny spoonful of magic, sparkly cinnamon and sugar. And she said because it was magic I don't have to count the calories!

The very first clue on my puzzle was "to thine own______be true"

My husband went out to get his lunch and brought me back a stuffed bear and told me, "I love you 'beary' much".

• 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »

I walked down to my daughter's coffee shop and bent her ear with my tale of woe. She made me my regular coffee with just half and half and said she added a tiny spoonful of magic, sparkly cinnamon and sugar. And she said because it was magic I don't have to count the calories!

My husband went out to get his lunch and brought me back a stuffed bear and told me, "I love you 'beary' much".

Awwww, you must be doing something right, you have such a sweet family! :-)
  • bri170lb
    edited November 2015
    Options
    J4T Tuesday
    1. Remember my goals :smiley:
    2. Get up early enough to make breakfast lunch and snack to take with me to work :smiley:
    3. Stick to calorie goals! :smiley:
    4. Go to gym :smiley:
    5. I'll do my least favorite job at work, balancing the checkbooks. I promise! :smiley:

Pure determination got me through this day!

J4T Wednesday
    1. Stick to calorie goals
    2. Laundry and cleaning
    3. Clean windows
    4. Get rid of more clothes that are too big or don't make me happy.
    5. Put up Christmas lights
    6. Take kids to youth group and go to gym while they are there.
    7. Don't forget to remember to do 1-6!

• AngelaCS12
    AngelaCS12 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love this idea! I'm just getting started and feel daunted by how far I have to go and how little motivation I have. I'm going to try this ands hopefully it will get me the jump start I need!

Just For Today: Wed. 11/17/15
    1. Wear my FitBit
    2. Get up early enough to make the kids and me a great breakfast and make their lunches.
    3. Walk AJ to school (2/3 mile there & back!)
    4. Drink 8 glasses of water
    5. Track all my food in MFP

I think that's a decent start. Wish me luck!
  • cehris
    cehris Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just For Today 11/18/2015
    1.Drink alot of water
    2.Stick to my calorie goal
    3.Play basketball after work
    4.Get really proactive at work
    5.Stop snacking, eat gum as a substitute
    6.Eat more fruit
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,123 Member
    Options
    JFT Tues 17/11
    1. Pre-log/follow through; 80 mins of Cardio/flex/physio; 6000+ steps; Drink 8 cups water
    2. Wear Purple for Premature Awareness Day
    3. Attend patchwork this morning
    4. Laundry and chores after lunch
    :) All good yesterday

JFT Wed 18/11
    1. Pre-log/follow through; 80 mins of Cardio/flex/physio; 6000+ steps; Drink 8 cups water
    2. Go to the shops Groceries and to the hairdressers
    3. Do some de-cluttering
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    LEG DAY! woot woot!
  • shrcpr
    Options

This made me smile. :smile: What a nice, supportive family. Glad your day turned around a bit!
  • shrcpr
    Options
    AngelaCS12 wrote: »
    I love this idea! I'm just getting started and feel daunted by how far I have to go and how little motivation I have. I'm going to try this ands hopefully it will get me the jump start I need!

Just For Today: Wed. 11/17/15
    1. Wear my FitBit
    2. Get up early enough to make the kids and me a great breakfast and make their lunches.
    3. Walk AJ to school (2/3 mile there & back!)
    4. Drink 8 glasses of water
    5. Track all my food in MFP

I think that's a decent start. Wish me luck!

Welcome!! No luck or motivation needed. Just hard work, focus, and determination. This is a great thread to keep focused. For me, anyway.
  • shrcpr
    edited November 2015
    Options
    JFT, 11/17

1. Stay within calorie limits :)
    2. Walk the dogs :)
    3. Cardio workout - thinking of going to the gym for some elliptical time since I need something low impact :/ Nope. Mouth was still too sore for this. Did get in my 10k steps and even that was a bit much

JFT, 11/18
    1. Stay within my calorie limit
    2. Walk the dogs
    3. Workout (Burn Circuit 2)
  • bri170lb
    Options
    Nope. Mouth was still too sore for this. Did get in my 10k steps and even that was a bit much

You've missed a lot of workouts all for the sake of beautiful teeth! But you do have that, so it's not all bad, I hope! :smiley:

• bri170lb
    Options
    It's a good thing my husband doesn't have to get me a stuffed animal every month! That would be a BIG pile of fake fur!

Checking my list, so I don't forget what to do! :wink:

• retha824
    retha824 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am seriously in need of motivation & support! I weigh 187 lbs. I have said for the last 5 years as I fluctuate between 181-187 that I am going to lose this weight, and every time I just fall off the wagon after about 2 weeks. Without a doubt I've made some major dietary changes in that I rarely eat bread, pasta, potatoes, rice & grains, always eat breakfast, and drink lots of water, but it's not enough to make me lose weight. I am very physically fit, and keep up with the 30 somethings in the Boot Camp I do 4 days a week. It certainly gets harder at 60.

I love the idea of Just For Today.

So Just For Today, I am going to:

1. Drink 64 oz of water
    2. Faithfully keep track of my food intake, and keep my calories at 1200, with no more than 50 grams of carbs and around 90 grams of protein. (My trainer is encouraging all of us to do this for this week before Thanksgiving)
    3. Burn some extra calories above my workout today by taking the dog for at least a 30 minute walk.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    Been away from here for a few days, and missed you guys! @bri170lb = what a wonderful family you have! And your hubby to bring you home a teddy bear = how sweet!

@shrcpr - so sorry you have a sore mouth. I know that feeling. I have recessed gums, and at times when they flare up, it hurts! I have 1 tooth that the dentist wants to fix - by that, he would take skin from the upper part of my mouth, and stitch it there. OUCH!! I have been putting it off because from what I've read, it is so painful!

But -- I have been struggling, and trying to get back on track. We go to see our son over thanksgiving, and the grandsons want to decorate sugar cookiess. So this weekend I am baking the cookies to take there to decorate. Good thing is that there will be NO cookies in my house. But both hubby and I are getting out of control again with nitetime snacking, so I need to get back to basics!

So today, Wed, 11/18
    I am going to work hard at:
    Drinking my water! This is my hardest habit to make it become part of my day.
    Log all my food
    Back to basics - healthy food, no sugar!

I hope you all have a great day. I will read up and catch up on everything later tonite.
    And @retha824 and @AngelaCS12, and anyone else I missed = welcome. You can do this. This is a great group of people!
  • bri170lb
    Options
    retha824 wrote: »
    I am seriously in need of motivation & support! I weigh 187 lbs. I have said for the last 5 years as I fluctuate between 181-187 that I am going to lose this weight, and every time I just fall off the wagon after about 2 weeks. Without a doubt I've made some major dietary changes in that I rarely eat bread, pasta, potatoes, rice & grains, always eat breakfast, and drink lots of water, but it's not enough to make me lose weight. I am very physically fit, and keep up with the 30 somethings in the Boot Camp I do 4 days a week. It certainly gets harder at 60.

I love the idea of Just For Today.

So Just For Today, I am going to:

1. Drink 64 oz of water
    2. Faithfully keep track of my food intake, and keep my calories at 1200, with no more than 50 grams of carbs and around 90 grams of protein. (My trainer is encouraging all of us to do this for this week before Thanksgiving)
    3. Burn some extra calories above my workout today by taking the dog for at least a 30 minute walk.

Sounds to me like you are off to a great start! Now, try not to worry about tomorrow. Don't dwell on the past. Be determined to do what is good for you today! 1, 2 & 3!
  • bri170lb
    Options
    Joan, we missed you! Welcome to a whole new day!
  • abacus93jp
    abacus93jp Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    abacus93jp wrote: »
    I'm still here just haven't posted for awhile. Still going strong JFT! Lost 14lbs so far. Yay me! Doing a lot of heavy chores but still not excercising regularly, will try to do this again tomorrow. I must remember, I can do almost anything for one day!

14 lbs! That's awesome!

I just can't seem to excercise! Only walking the dog and I'm afraid to do that too long cause I live in the mountains and am afraid of bears!
    @shrcpr happy to hear you are on the mend
    @bri170 you must be doing something right to have such a nice husband!
    BTW, I love reading both of your posts!
  • bri170lb
    edited November 2015
    Options

J4T Wednesday
    1. Stick to calorie goals :smile: I did stay under, but it was hard today. I ended up snacking my way through the evening instead of eating dinner
    2. Laundry and cleaning :smile:
    3. Clean windows :smile:
    4. Get rid of more clothes that are too big or don't make me happy. :smile:
    5. Put up Christmas lights :smile:
    6. Take kids to youth group and go to gym while they are there. :smile: Didn't go tonight, but I did do my 5 miles on my treadmill
    7. Don't forget to remember to do 1-6! :smiley:

J4T Thursday

1. Get up early to make breakfast lunch and snack to take with me to work
    2. Put dinner in crock pot
    3. Go to gym
    4. Do not go over calorie goals