Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Options

Replies

• wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I've been away a long time but it was so inspiring to read the past few pages. I'm jumping back in.

J4T:
    1. Read in bed instead of playing games on my phone
    2. Go to bed earlier (trying to get out of the 1am habit)
    3. Meditate
    4. Stretch
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    @joan6630 How was your birthday? I love the quilt. My mom made one for my son as a gift for H.S. graduation many yrs ago using his favorite t-shirts from his childhood which I hadn't been able to let go. Good use of those old t-shirts, and he loved it so much.
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    JFT 19 July2016
    1. Log :)
    2. Drink 48 oz of water minimum :)
    3. Jazzercise (done) :)
    4. Perform one random act of kindness :)
    5. Finish my "what if" disposition preferences for that pesky estate attorney (yay, I put this post on hold and finished that up and sent it - woohooo!! :)
    6. No snacking - birthday dinner planned for tonight with family - at The Melting Pot had to cancel due to thunderstorm so stayed well within plan
    7. Do beginner's kettle bell routine; look at new Simple & Sinister book for guidance :/

JFT 20 July 2016
    1. Jazzercise
    2. Log
    3. Kettlebells
    4. 50 plies
    5. Bank calories for Bonefish Grill tonight

Karen in Virginia
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    @joan6630 How was your birthday? I love the quilt. My mom made one for my son as a gift for H.S. graduation many yrs ago using his favorite t-shirts from his childhood which I hadn't been able to let go. Good use of those old t-shirts, and he loved it so much.

Thanks Karen. TODAY is my birthday - and I started it out at the gym. Now hope to continue this trend!
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Yay! Happy Birthday, Joan! t3304.gif
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Yay! Happy Birthday, Joan! t3304.gif

Ah - thank you so much!!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    I've been away a long time but it was so inspiring to read the past few pages. I'm jumping back in.

J4T:
    1. Read in bed instead of playing games on my phone
    2. Go to bed earlier (trying to get out of the 1am habit)
    3. Meditate
    4. Stretch

SO happy to have you join us. I also have been away for awhile - this group is the best! We can all do this!!
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    I have been feeling a bit chubby and so have avoided the scales for 2 weeks. Today I put on my big girl panties and got on the scale...2 lbs down...just goes to show me that I can't trust how I "feel". Must keep on logging and stick to my food plan as well as I can. I cannot trust my own body signals and perceptions yet. Someday...
  • tristramtrent
    tristramtrent Posts: 257 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Tomorrow Weds:
    1.Practice guitar....yep
    2.Write lesson plan.....yep
    3.2 hrs woodwork minimum no excuses.....nope, all excuses
    4. 40 min walk or bike depending on the weather......yep

3/4 not too bad but embarrassed about the woodwork...soon!

Tomorrow Thur

1. 10,000 steps minimum
    2. Practice guitar
    3. Rest!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    I have been feeling a bit chubby and so have avoided the scales for 2 weeks. Today I put on my big girl panties and got on the scale...2 lbs down...just goes to show me that I can't trust how I "feel". Must keep on logging and stick to my food plan as well as I can. I cannot trust my own body signals and perceptions yet. Someday...

Great job Karen!!!! See - you eat the right foods, and keep sticking with your plan. The scale is not the only predictor to your success!
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    @joan6630 Thanks, Joan!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Had a very nice birthday - thank you all for the birthday wishes. Today is like my New Years - a fresh start, a new year. My goal is 20 lbs by xmas, one day at a time!

July 20
    1. Go to the gym :):) Already did this this morning!
    2. log all food :) - even though it was Mexican food, and a margarita!
    3. drink water :/ Need to work more on this!
    4. healthy choices :)

July 21, JFT
    1. log all food
    2. go to gym (already did this :) . Try and walk with friend on the indoor track at the gym tonite
    3. DRINK WATER
    4. Get back on here tomorrow - be accountable, and do not give up or quit.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Wednesday:
    1. 12+ glasses water :) 14
    2. stick to pre-tracked meal plan :)
    3. NO GRAINS :)
    4. gardening :) 2 hours+
    5. swim a mile :neutral: swam half a mile
    6. *maybe do Zumba too* :smiley: an hour

Thursday:
    1. 12+ glasses water
    2. stick to pre-tracked meal plan
    3. NO GRAINS
    4. weight workout
    5. *maybe belly dancing too*
  • frugaltrophywife
    frugaltrophywife Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    J4T: I will resist the urge to indulge in bar food @ trivia
    ordered a salad, instead of a burger and water instead of beer. I did have one of hubby's pretzels, but over all a win!

J4T:
    72 oz of water
    Grocery shop
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    JFT 20 July 2016
    1. Jazzercise :)
    2. Log :)
    3. Kettlebells :/
    4. 50 plies :)
    5. Bank calories for Bonefish Grill tonight :)

JFT 21 July 2016
    1. Jazzercise
    2. Log
    3. 50 plies
    4. Abdominal Challenge
    5. 48 oz water

Karen in Virginia[/quote]

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    Did not do so well today -- but now the sugar is OUT of the house. But the good thing was that I logged every cookie. I did get to the gym, and that felt good. So tomorrow I am hoping to get up early before work, and do 1 hour at the gym!
    Oh - this latest quilt is a quilt I just finished for my dear brother. These are all his Harley Tshirts. My brother found out in Januaay that he has major heart problems - and on 9 medications. He is my only surviving sibling out of 6. Since I don't know what his future will be, as his heart is only pumping at 30% (up at least from 10%) so I was in a rush to finish this quilt and send it off to him. I am making 2 more identical ones for his sons. Great therapy for me!

I love that quilt! He will too, I'm sure! I am a very novice quilter. I have my own way of doing it and they always turn out pretty raggedy looking. The kids call them "a Grandma Tracie quilt" because of all the missed stitches. LOL! I'm sorry to hear about your brother. I hope they can get him back where he needs to be. Happy Birthday!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    @wanderinglight - I love your goals. Every day I tell myself "tonight I am going to bed early and I am going to read until my eyes get tired and fall asleep earlier. I am going to meditate and exercise. How did you do? Any tips? I pretty much fail on a daily basis with them all! That's why I don't write them all down anymore. LOL

@KetoneKaren Good for you! 2 lbs is a great loss! Are you following any particular meal plan or just watching calories and trying to eat healthy? I always feel chubbier in the summer. I think it is because clothes are more revealing in the heat and I can't just throw on my baggy sweatshirt and jeans. :wink: Keep up the good work!

@tristramtrent I have goals that I NEVER hit! Don't be embarrassed! I think hitting 3 out of 4 is great. I'd be happy if I hit 50% of what I write some days. Today is a new day and so far I'm doing good on my goals, although I haven't written them down yet. So here goes...

J4T/Thursday:
    *Journal every bite
    *At least 6 glasses of water
    *NO ICE CREAM no matter how loud it calls to me from the freezer tonight!
    *Go to bed early and read
    *Write in my Gratitude journal
    *Spend time being really 'present' and add a happy moment from today to our 2016 Smile Jar. (This can be really hard sometimes when you've had a crappy day at work!)

Tracie in WI
  • KetoneKaren
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @OConnell5483 - Tracie in WI - I try to follow a low-"ish" carb diet with adequate protein because I am insulin resistant. Past experience has shown that once I am "overweight" instead of "obese" my metabolism begins to behave better and I can lighten up a little on the carb restriction. It's really easy to go over my carb allotment. I aim for 1200-1300kcal/d, but lately have been going over due to overindulging at social occasions, both in calories & carbs...so I am pleased I lost anything, would have been delighted just not to have gained!

How about you? Are you on a particular macro plan?

Karen in Virginia

• tristramtrent
    tristramtrent Posts: 257 Member
    Options

Tomorrow Thur

1. 10,000 steps minimum - 11732 yep
    2. Practice guitar - yep
    3. Rest! - not quite....

Tomorrow Fri

1. 11,000 steps minimum
    2. Practice guitar / garageband
    3. Rest!