Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Options

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    @Saragirl2 I will look to see if I can find any. I read them too, for inspiration for myself. I have been trying to give up the processed foods and sugars to try to clear up my brain fog and aches also. Let me know how it works for you. I've been struggling with giving it up, but I know it is just so bad for me so everyday I try again!
    J4T/Thursday, 7/28
    • Stick only to what I packed for lunch :) Passed up cookies in the breakroom!
    • 80 oz of water :(
    • Find my happy place and turn my attitude around! :)
    • Gratitude journal/smile jar entry/meditation (pick one) :)
    • take a walk if ankle is up to it after work. :(

J4T/Friday
    • Journal every bite
    • Hydrate
    • Stay focused at work so I can leave early
    • Gratitude journal/smile jar entry/meditation (pick one)
    • Water tonight instead of a drink during girl's night out at Lambeau field tonight

Happy Friday!
    Tracie in WI
  • fireytiger
    fireytiger Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT 7/29:

1) Go take my dang breaks at work and walk!
    2) Make a healthy choice when I go out for lunch
    3) Stick to my calorie goal today (been over a little bit the last couple of days)
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Just for today, stay for my whole work day. Feeling really really sick but I only have a 4 day week this week and I need to stick it out.

LOL this didn't work out. But when youre sick youre sick, what can you do. Back at work today and here are my goals:

1. Only eat what I packed and logged. No extra snacks from the break room, because the only thing breaking Is my wallet.
    2. Go for my run today!
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    shrcpr wrote: »

JFT, 7/29/2016

1. Walk the dogs :)
    2. Workout :) Elliptical at the gym, 45 minutes
    3. Stay within weight-loss calories :)
    4. Log all my food :)
    5. No drinking o:)

JFT, 7/30/2016

1. Walk the dogs
    2. Workout: 100 push-ups program, day 2 + some biking if I can fit it in
    3. Stay within maintenance calories
    4. Log all my food
  • luckyblessings
    luckyblessings Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    JFT 7/31/2016

1. Take supplement
    2. Get 30 min exercise
    3. Do visualization exercise
    4. Log and stay under calorie goal
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    JFT Sun 31 July 2016
    1. Kettlebells
    2. Allow plenty of time to get ready for work
    3. Random act of kindness
    4. Log
    5. Water
  • guinevere96
    Options
    Just for today, stay for my whole work day. Feeling really really sick but I only have a 4 day week this week and I need to stick it out.

LOL this didn't work out. But when youre sick youre sick, what can you do. Back at work today and here are my goals:

1. Only eat what I packed and logged. No extra snacks from the break room, because the only thing breaking Is my wallet.
    2. Go for my run today!

I didn't go for my run. And I also got snacks. TOM is so hard.

ANYWAYS today I will set an easy goal for myself. Go for a walk after work :)
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Sunday:

1. 12 glasses of water
    2. stick to meal plan
    3. under 100G carbs
    4. walking and gardening
    5. Latin dancing x 2 hours
    6. plan out exercise for the week
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Been on holiday, so haven't been logging... perhaps I should have tried, but needed a break!

Tried to be relatively restrained, but not sure I succeeded... a bit too much ice cream and cheese perhaps!

Now to get back on track...

Today's commitments:

1) stay within calories
    2) do exercise class at work

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    JFT Mon 1 Aug 2016
    1. Log
    2. Kettlebells
    3. Water
    4. Stay within calories
  • guinevere96
    Options

2. Go for my run today!

I didn't go for my run. And I also got snacks. TOM is so hard.

ANYWAYS today I will set an easy goal for myself. Go for a walk after work :)

Now were getting somewhere! Walked to the store last night for food of course lol.

JFT: Take one of the puppies for a long walk today.
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    JFT, 8/01/2016

1. Walk the dogs
    2. Workout: 100 push-ups program + cardio workout
    3. Log all food
    4. Eat within maintenance calories
  • Rini_s
    Rini_s Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Log & make healthier choices
    Re-starting kettlebell work with lighter weight - was so sore after first time last week I didn't continue for the week
    Just keep going with my plan - I need to strive for continued progress, not perfection and not all or nothing mentality
  • GuineaKitty
    GuineaKitty Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    To eat only 1860 calories.
    Not eat added sugar.
    No sweets candies cakes cookies or donuts.
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I will skip, I will walk, I will not snack, I will stay under calorie goal
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    For today, 6/6/16, I will:

- Not exceed my calorie goal, for food
    - At drinks tonight, only drink slimline G&Ts - maximum 3 (taking me max 150 calories over my limit)

Managed to do these, even though I was hungry!

Also persuaded my friend that I went for drinks with to download MFP - we can be buddies and support each other now.

Today's commitment -

- Go to gym after work
    - Finish day with 350+ calorie deficit (after including gym calories)
    -

Met both of my targets, and actually smashed the second one to the point where MFP told me I wasn't eating enough! (That's never happened before when I've not forgotten to log something)

Didn't actually feel hungry though despite the deficit, which is encouraging. I won't have that deficit on any other days this week:

Today going to my friend's for dinner which will make it difficult to stay within calorie limit - the food is generally not healthy and lots of wine is normally involved.

However, will set the following targets to keep the indulgence down:

- I'll log the dinner, even if I am not exactly sure what's in it
    - I'll make sure I don't eat more main course than others - no second!
    - If dessert is one where we choose portion size, I'll have a small portion
    - I'll drink as much diet lemonade as I do wine to keep my appetite under control - and will limit wine to half a bottle MAX

Hmm, so I managed two of these, I'd say - two of these, though probably wasn't really down to my efforts as opposed to my friends giving me a plate with a small portion size!

Failed on the other two though - had an entire bottle of wine + double g&t, and failed to log any of the calories. It had been a very bad day so i don't feel too bad about it, however I have to make sure this doesn't happen too often - bad days will happen and I need to learn to deal with them without turning to alcohol/food.

Today's commitment is very simple: come in within calorie goal!

Met my goal, came in with zero calories left! I was very hungry though - made me realise that I need to optimise the foods I eat to be fuller - had eaten quite calorie dense but non-filling foods.

I'm now staying with my boyfriend in Madrid for the weekend so control will be hard - we'll be eating out a bit and don't have a scale in the flat for weighing ingredients. Nonetheless, I'll:

- Log all the foods I eat, even if I'm not sure I'm being accurate - better to put something than not bother at all
    - not snack outside meals
    - at meals, go for 'healthy options' - or if i want to go for 'non-healthy options' have small portions
    - keep alcohol and milky coffees to a minimum - no more than one coffee per day and order wine by glass (with as much water drunk as wine)

Will be hard as i like to eat on holiday... will see how i do!

I met all these apart from the not snacking outside meals - we had a couple of pre-dinner drinks and in Madrid they always bring you snacks (crisps/olives) with them. I didn't have loads but did have more than I should have.

Other than that I met them all though. I ended up going 500 cals over, though I'm not sure that's correct, I ate (maybe - not sure) 400g of bread and MFP has said that's nearly 1000 kcal?!

That seems way too high, however just in case i will try to steer clear of the bread today and eat other things instead! Very hard to track when away, you just don't know how many calories you're eating....

So yesterday was slightly better in some areas, slightly worse in others, therefore calories consumed were about the same (just under 500 over).

I avoided bread, which really helped with the calorie intake! On the other hand, I drank more wine than the previous day and had a more fattening dinner - Spaniards put too much olive oil on everything!!

I need to have a better day today otherwise it will too hard to make up for it before next week's weigh in. So today I will:

- Not drink any wine - a G & slimline T might be acceptable if I'm doing ok with calories
    - log all my calories again
    - Not exceed my calories my more than 200
    - not eat any of the crisps they give you when you order drinks!

Met all my commitments, yay! Only went over by 30 odd cals, so quite pleased with myself.

Hadn't lost any weight when I weighed in this morning which disappointed me slightly, though that's a bit silly as I hadn't really stuck to my diet enough to do so. I guess I am no longer in the 'shed lots of water weight' phase and now actually have to try harder!

Commitments for today:
    - stay within calorie limit
    - go to gym and don't eat back the exercise calories
    -

Didn't manage my commitments yesterday - it was a very busy day at work so had to work late (and hence skipped gym) and then went over my calories by 70 due to drinking a couple of gins to wind down....

Not too worries about the calories...70 is not much.... but I do need to work on the 'alcohol as crutch' thing. It's hard when the alternative crutch (food!) is being restricted....

Today I'll set exactly the same targets as yesterday, though I'm aware it's going to be another busy day at work (will be busy until Wed at least) so I may end up finding it hard to go.

If that happens, I'll go - but for a cut down workout (30 mins). Better to do that then nothing!

And only one gin today...

Failed on both my commitments - did not go to the gym (at all) as I ended up going to the pub with my colleague and then had to work more when I got home....

Today I'm going to take it easier on myself, I'm in a stressful place at the moment and think I need to take care of myself rather than aim too high. Weight is dropping off regardless (does stress burn calories?!) So priority for tonight is actually to take it easy, relax and get some sleep. I got barely any yesterday and feel pretty dreadful.

So today's commitments are:
    - come in within calorie limits
    - NO alcohol
    - walk instead of taking the tube for two stops - some gentle exercise may help with the stress levels
    - email counsellor to arrange a session - got to sort out my mental wellbeing

Hmm, once again didn't go so well - was 250 cals over, and did drink some gin. However, had still lost weight on my weigh in today!

Also failed to email the counsellor because when I actually looked at the contact details it was quite complicated to work out which therapist I would actually need and I got a bit stuck. I've arranged to wfh on Friday though and will ring then up then - hoping that sorting my head out will help with the urge to drink/comfort eat!

However, i did do the walking - win!

Today I'll keep it simple, I'll stick within my calories but I'll also do the walking again as that was quite enjoyable and relaxing.

Yesterday I managed both of my commitments, yay! There's something to be said for being less ambitious.

Today I'm going to a friend's for dinner, where apparently we'll be having 'chilli with lots of red wine', which will present some challenges!

My commitments are:

- attempt to log everything even though i won't know exactly what's in it
    - drink at least as much diet lemonade as wine, to reduce the munchies and over eating
    - come in within calorie limit - with a small surplus if poss (made it to gym this morning so i have quite a few extras i can eat!)

@KetoneKaren Thanks for all your support! I'm rushing back to work now so can't respond fully, but will do so later when I'm done for the day!
    Can you drink some water instead of lemonade?
  • jtsweats
    jtsweats Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    JFT, I will not eat a snack at 10pm after the kids are finally asleep. Hope everyone is having a nice beginning of August!
  • amyjeanellis
    amyjeanellis Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like this thread. Just joined the app, definitely need to set daily goals but not overwhelm myself!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    no fast food today
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Pre-logging rocks! I do it every day. At times, I end up changing what I want to eat with snacks and other times I am not hungry for the snacks and.....it gets deleted

Because I do not know what I will be eating for lunch or supper, I allow 500 Calories for lunch and supper. See my food log.

Tomorrow:
    I will stay busy doing housework for at least an hour (timed).
    Drink my jug of water. My water intake is very poor.